Jump to content
    Kjamieson
  • Author
  • 1,177 Words
  • 2,931 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Liam's story - 10. Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I woke up the next morning in Toby’s bed, I was facing the wall with Toby spooned up behind me. He was already awake, tracing circles with his fingers on my lower abdomen. I snuggled back in to him, enjoying the affection.

“Morning.” He spoke his hot breath tickling my neck.
“Mmm, Morning.” I was still groggy, and while normally I am not a morning person this is a very pleasant way to wake up. I rolled around to face Toby. Damn, he makes morning sleepy look sexy.

Toby reached up and moved my hair out of my eyes and off my forehead. “I had an awesome time last night, thanks for going out with me Liam.”

I know it’s pathetic, but hearing Toby say things like that made my insides melt a little. Its way too soon but I am definitely falling in love. Who am I kidding, I’ve been in love with him for years, its just now it’s becoming real. I didn’t trust myself to speak without him figuring out how hopelessly in love with him I really am, so I closed the small distance between us and pressed my lips against his.

I felt him smile against my lips as he pulled me towards him, pressing his hand into the small of my back to pull my hips in to meet his. we didn’t stay like that long before Toby rolled me on to my back, his body on top of mine. Sadly, that didn’t last long either, Toby caught a glimpse of his alarm clock.

“Fuck, we gotta stop.” He couldn’t seem to help it, he leaned down and kissed me again before removing his body from mine and jumping out of bed. He was very naked, and very hard. “My uncle will be here in five minutes to pick me up, we have a job today.” He was rummaging through his drawers and closet. “I can’t find my work shirt.”

“I think I saw it hanging over a kitchen chair yesterday.” I replied amused. It was kind of funny seeing him this frazzled.
“So, if your uncle is picking you up this morning, how am I supposed to get home? you picked me up for our date last night?”
“Shit, um, take my car. You wanna come over tonight? If not I can probably get my uncle to drop me at your place tonight after work.” He was jumping in to his jeans and heading towards the kitchen as he spoke.
“I would love to hang out tonight.” I smiled at the thought of spending another evening with Toby.
“Awesome.” He walked back in to the bedroom, dressed for work but still looking a little disheveled. He was holding a coffee and banana, when he came over to the bad. He gave me a quick kiss on the lips. “I grabbed my spare key, theres keys for the apartment on my car keys so lock up when you leave. I’ll see you tonight.” He gave me one more quick kiss and he was out the door, I could hear his phone ringing on his way out. His uncle I supposed.

It was still early, and Saturday, so I didn’t have to work so I stayed in bed and slept for another hour. I would have stayed longer but my phone ringing woke me up. My jeans were still in the living room but I could hear my phone going off in my pocket. I had missed a call from my dad by the time I got there. Shit. I didn’t call last night and let them know I wasn’t coming home.

I didn’t want to, but I called him back. He was surprisingly calm. Wasn’t angry that I didn’t come home, just upset that I didn’t call and let them know. When I told him I spent the night at Toby’s he did that annoying thing parents do and asked a lot of questions. I deflected as best I could, but I’m sure he figured out that things had moved beyond ‘just friends’ with Toby. I told him I wouldn’t be home today, and probably not tonight either, but would probably see him tomorrow.

I figured I could kill some time around Branston during the day, since I would be seeing Toby again this evening. I found my clothes and realized I should probably wash them before being seen in public in them. There were some conspicuous stains on both my jeans and shirt. Toby had a washer and dryer in his apartment. I figured I could do my laundry then head out. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind. I found some boxers in his bedside drawer to wear while I washed my clothes. I supposed I could have gone home, but I was enjoying being in Toby’s space.

I was sitting in the living room watching TV, waiting for my clothes to be done in the dryer when I heard a knock on the door. Was Toby home already? No, he had a key. I didn’t have any other clothes, so ended up answering the door in just a pair of Toby’s boxers.

I barely had the door open a crack before it was being pushed from the other side. “Hey Tobe, I thought I saw your car out front, I figured i’d stop in to hang out for a… you are not Toby.” It was the pretty brunette from the barbecue. Mandy, I think her name is.

“Uh, no. Not Toby. Toby’s at work.”

She was looking me up and down. I wished I had more clothes on.

“So, Toby isn’t here. He should be home thins evening, or you can call him if its important.” I was trying to end our interaction and guide her towards the door. I wasn’t comfortable standing here talking to Toby’s friend. With benefits. Especially since without my clothes on. She seemed to ignore the hints I was giving her and tried to come further in to the apartment. I was saved by the bell when the dryer buzzed. “Look that my clothes done, I’m just gonna get dressed and head out myself, so…”

“Oh, yeah. Um, I guess I could come back later.” She seemed a little put out, at my not so subtle way of asking her to leave.

I don’t know why her visit made me feel so sad. I guess I just figured he would have ended things with her. I got dressed, and left the apartment, locking it from the inside and closing the door. I pulled out my phone and thought about how I was going to get home. I settled on calling my dad, he answered quickly, and as usual seemed happy to hear from me.

I sat on the curb outside the apartment complex and waited for me dad to come get me.

So, Mandy is back...
 
Posting will be twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays :boy:
 
 
Copyright © 2017 Kjamieson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thanks for another chapter.

Oh Mandy is back... Maybe they are just friends, hope Tony didn't "forget" to tell her the benefits are off.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

It is time for a honest conversation AND a careful diligence in seeing how things interact in the future.  She might just be a friend with benefits that can scale back to just a friend......  Nope, don't work that way very often............................

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Uh huh......guess Toby conveniently forgot to tell Mandy he's banging dudes now. Wonder what excuse he'll have for this.

Edited by jaysalmn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

The fact that she used a "pet Name" Like Tobe had to have hurt even worse.  Going home with his father and leaving Toby's car behind when he was told to drive it home aught to be a wake up call for Toby.  Hopefully an honest conversation is coming up between Liam and Toby.  And I hope Liam doesn't get his heart broken!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

Life is complicared, even more so when communication is inadequate.

 

This. Exactly right. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
17 hours ago, glennish said:

The fact that she used a "pet Name" Like Tobe had to have hurt even worse.  Going home with his father and leaving Toby's car behind when he was told to drive it home aught to be a wake up call for Toby.  Hopefully an honest conversation is coming up between Liam and Toby.  And I hope Liam doesn't get his heart broken!!

 

Hopefully! Talking things out is usually the right move! But Liam is a 17 year old boy, it’s been my experience (albeit, many years ago) that 17 year old boys aren’t the best at expressing their feelings. Of course their are exceptions to that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2017-11-30 at 10:52 AM, wenmale64 said:

It is time for a honest conversation AND a careful diligence in seeing how things interact in the future.  She might just be a friend with benefits that can scale back to just a friend......  Nope, don't work that way very often............................

 

You’re right! It is time for an honest conversation between the two (three?) of them. Hopefully we find out Monday if that happens. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Hmm ok, I should probably give Toby the benefit of the doubt. Liam and he have just started going out, so maybe he didn't get the chance to speak to Mandy. As others have said, I hope they communicate openly and settle things (and by that I mean get Mandy out of the picture!). Can't wait for the next chapter!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

Hmm ok, I should probably give Toby the benefit of the doubt. Liam and he have just started going out, so maybe he didn't get the chance to speak to Mandy. As others have said, I hope they communicate openly and settle things (and by that I mean get Mandy out of the picture!). Can't wait for the next chapter!

 

Wow! I just read through all the chapter comments you left! Thank you. I hope you continue to enjoy the story. 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm going to hold judgement. Liam is the brother of his best friend. I don't think Tobey would dishonor his memory. Can't jump on Bambi until we got facts, oh yeah Mandy... LOL!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..