Jump to content

14,000 Days of Virtue

   (10 reviews)

Each day, Sidney loses more of Arthur. How do you stop the love of your life from slipping away?

Endless thanks to my editor and beta reader, both of whom shall (temporarily) remain nameless.
Copyright © 2023 Secret Author; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 9
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 9
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 6,643 Words
    • 1,573 Views
    • 36 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

84Mags

· Edited by 84Mags

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This exquisitely written romance of lifelong love and difficult endings is a poignant reminder that just like memories, everyone’s love story is their own. 
 

  • Like 2
  • Love 7
Link to review
drsawzall

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Once again we are reminded how lucky we are to have a story site like Gay Authors. 

Not every love story is the same, read on to learn about Arthur and Sidney's lifelong companionship.

Powerfully written, evocative, and a masterfully told tale of love through the good and tough times.

This is worth the time to read folks!!

  • Like 3
  • Love 7
Link to review
astone2292

· Edited by astone2292

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This was a capturing tale of dedicated love. Very well-written. Filled with moments of joy and sadness. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
Bill W

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A touching love story that shows how a relationship that has lasted many years can withstand the obstacles that life places in its path.  You will laugh, cry, and be deeply touched as you proceed through this story, and it will let you know what a loving and enduring relationship is all about.  

  • Love 7
Link to review
raven1

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

The virtue of this sad tale of love comes from the characters and their relationships.  There is a great romance between Sidney and Arthur that has lasted a lifetime.  The story is written with great care and compassion.  The writing and characters will draw you into the story.  It is a story within a story uniquely written.  

  • Love 7
Link to review
Mancunian

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A heartwarming and heartwrenching tale of love. A tearjerker on many levels, that will hit home for many. This tells of how Mother Nature can be as cruel as she can be kind. A recommended five-star read.

  • Love 7
Link to review
chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A thought provoking love story, that shows us the good and bad times.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
kbois

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This story is well-deserving of winning the Secret Author contest. 

It's a heart-wrenching look at love and how it evolves/devolves over time. It teaches us to cherish the memories we have. 

  • Love 6
Link to review
Gary L

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

When you know that you were the one, not even dementia can take that away.

this is a truly exquisite piece of prose. Like others I think of possible names for our secret author but until we know their name all I can do is say read this, she’d a tear and treasure your loved ones past or present, or somewhere in between.  
 

Congratulations 

  • Love 6
Link to review
Mikiesboy

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Firstly, congratulations to the author for writing the winning story.  There's no doubt it deserves first place.

It's a beautiful tale of love and devotion over a lifetime.  You cannot fail to be moved by this well-written piece.

 

  • Love 6
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..