Jump to content

The Perfect Car

   (9 reviews)
Sub-genres: Contemporary Literary
Ford Anglia copy.jpg

Many people believe that before you die your life flashes before your eyes, does it? Or is it just a part of our life, you know like special memories, I think that's possible. John is lying in hospital, he is at the end of a long life. As he sleeps he dreams for one last time of some of his special memories. About his car, the perfect car, and how it played a part in a long and beautiful relationship.

The locations in this story are entirely real and do exist. The make, model and colour of the car was in production in the time-line of this story. The characters are entirely fictional and are the product of my imagination, any similarity to actual persons is entirely coincidental.
Copyright © 2022 Mancunian; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 7
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 11
  • Feel-Good 10
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 8
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 5

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mrsgnomie

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Truly adorable story of stepping out of your comfort zone for love. These two men navigate the beginning of their epic love story all while cruising in a car that doubtedly becomes a thread of who they are. Love how the author ties everything up in the end. No spoilers, you’ll have to read to find out. 

Response from the author:

Thank you @Mrsgnomie for the review, this story would not have been possible without your help.

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
W_L

· Edited by W_L

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A very charming UK-based tale with amazing characters, set several decades in the past, it highlights the magic of love and bonds. Also, the Ford Anglia 105e isn't too shabby. If you enjoy a quaint nostalgic drive with lovely characters, feel free to give this story a read :) 

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review and recommendation, it's good to know that you enjoyed it.

  • Love 5
Link to review
Headstall

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Can a car be perfect? Of course it can, when it holds priceless memories to carry us through defining moments. Can a story be perfect? Maybe... maybe not... but this one comes damn close for the response it elicited in this reader. I recommend you take a few minutes and read this sweet little gem. Cheers!

Response from the author:

Thank you for a wonderful review, I'm really happy that you enjoyed it.

  • Love 7
Link to review
astone2292

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This year's anthology stories are ones for the record books, this one in particular. The inspiration for this one can be felt through every line. A very passionate attention to detail and pacing sits througout the adventure. Brilliant writing, Mancunian!

Response from the author:

Thank you @astone2292 for a great review, I had the help of a brilliant editor, I'm really happy that you enjoyed it.

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to review
drsawzall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

For those among us and others, who treasure their first car, this wonderful tale of romance will draw you in and leave you remembering fond times and occasions!

Response from the author:

Thank you for your review, I hope your memories are as romantic as those in the story.

  • Love 5
Link to review
AC Benus

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A touching tale not to be missed! Reading this story will make you savor the special moments in both your memory and day to day life. Some things need to be celebrated for what they've meant to us and others. 

Don't miss it! 

Response from the author:

Thank you for a great review, it's appreciated.

  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is truly poignant tale, that is full of love and memories.

A truly wonderful car, that our two men navigate there true love, whilst cruising along.

Thanks for writing.

Response from the author:

Thank you @chris191070 for a favourable review.

  • Love 5
Link to review
Gary L

· Edited by Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A little jewel of a story. Read it slowly and appreciate the fine writing. So much is packed into a thousand words.  This merits its place in the anthology without a doubt.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review, I wanted every word to count and add to the story.

  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This tale is like a perfectly cut brilliant diamond.  Each facet of the story reflects the love of two young boys from Birmingham, UK. The car is not just the setting, but a character in the story that is created differently in each reader's mind based on their own memories of their first car.  This gem is a warm tale of life, death, love and family.  In spite of the death, you will feel comforted by this tale of two who succeeded in love.

Response from the author:

Thank you for this great review, I love it.

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..