Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 4,632 Words
  • 6,608 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Be Rad - 24. Chapter 24

August 24, 1980

The plane landed in San Francisco, because we had to get my Ferrari. We taxied up to the general aviation terminal and I saw my baby there, spic and span, along with the limo, with the ever-dutiful Rafael waiting. Robbie hopped into the Ferrari with me.

“You didn't want to ride with them?” I joked.

“Nah. They've got the privacy screen up and they're fucking by now.” We laughed.

“What's the deal with your dad? Is he queer like us?” I asked. It had been on my mind, but I never seemed to find the right opportunity to ask him.

Robbie laughed. “You know what he told me when I asked him?” I glanced at him, acknowledging his pause for effect. “He told me he likes to fuck.” We just cracked up laughing.

“I can relate to that,” I said.

“He told me that he has a special relationship with JP. JP's the only guy he's ever done anything with. I think it confuses the shit out of him, but for the most part, he puts that out of his mind and thinks with his dick.”

“So is your mother still in town?” I asked.

He frowned. “Dad talked to her this morning. She is still in Paly. She's going to come up and see me when I get back.”

“At Escorial?” I couldn't imagine her coming back to the lion's den, as it were.

“Dad insisted. He knows that I'll be safe up there, insulated. And she promised that she wasn't going to try and get the cops to come along.”

“She doesn't strike me as the type who gives up that easily.” He just shrugged. His complacency worried me. I guess I thought of her as an enemy, and until one person lost, I always found myself trying to anticipate the next move.

We got to Escorial before JP, no big surprise there, and everyone was glad to see us. I found Ace in his room. We hadn't spent nearly as much time together as usual and I felt bad about that. I jumped on him and we wrestled around as usual.

“What are you doing tonight? Wanna hang out?” I asked.

“I've got a date,” he said, raising his eyebrows.

“Oh yeah. Wanna double date?” I teased.

“I'm already going on a double date,” he said, but he was a little nervous.

“Oh yeah? Who's cock blocking you tonight?”

“Lark and Karen. We've gone out with them a few times actually.” He saw the expression on my face. “Are you OK with that?”

I thought about it. “Yeah. I mean, I'm OK with you going with them. It's kind of weird, but after I think about it, it's cool.” I meant that. Who was I to deny Karen and Lark? They were both my friends. Nothing more, nothing less. “Just remind Karen that I'm a better kisser than Lark.” He laughed. I headed to the kitchen for some food, and to find Tonto.

“It will be nice when you're done vacationing around the country,” she said gruffly.

“Not for me. You should see Greg's new boat. He said that if you come down and see them, and go sailing on it, he'll name it after you.”

“That's just what I need. Being knocked around on some boat. You might as well plan a burial at sea, because that's sure to kill me.”

“I doubt that Tonto. It's a big boat.”

“He said he'd name it after me huh?” She got an evil look on her face. “That may be worth it. Then they would be irritated every time they went out on it.”

“We all love you Tonto. Quit pretending to be so crusty.”

“Is Brenda coming back up here?” she asked.

“I think so, though I don't know when.”

“That woman is a bitch. Be careful. She's up to something.”

I agreed with her, but no one else seemed to take it seriously. I went to see JP, back in his study, in his realm. “What can I do for you Bradley?” he asked. His tone said “don't bother me.”

“Brenda is coming up here today. You know that right?”

“I do.”

“She worries me. Robbie and Frank don't seem concerned at all.”

“It really isn't our problem Bradley. It is for Frank and Robbie to work out.” Those were callous words coming from him. But there was something in his expression that told me he had things under control.

“OK,” I said abruptly, and left his study. I could feel his quizzical look on my back as I went.

I found Robbie in his room. “My mom is on her way up,” he said glumly. “Will you stay with me when I talk to her?”

“Of course,” I said. “How much time do we have?” I leered at him. We made love quickly. We were still flushed and sweaty when JP came to tell us she was waiting in the great room.

“You two could have waited before exercising,” he said with a frown. “Your mother has a friend with her.”

“Who?” I asked.

“The Reverend Jacob White from the East Claremont Baptist Church.” Robbie rolled his eyes.

We headed to the Great Hall and Brenda rose up as soon as she saw Robbie, greeting him enthusiastically. She hugged him, but he did not hug her back. She looked irritated. “This is Reverend White,” she said, introducing the stout man in a light blue suit and white shoes.

“It's nice to meet you Robbie,” he said in a friendly manner.

“What brings you here?” he asked Reverend White. Robbie was being amazingly strong and forceful. I was surprised, pleasantly surprised. His mother was less pleased.

“Your mother asked me to come out here for spiritual guidance.”

“She could have just gone back to Claremont and met with you there,” he told him.

“Spiritual guidance for you, Robbie, not her. I've come to talk to you about Jesus, to show that if you let Jesus into your heart he can help you change, and bring you eternal happiness.”

“No thanks, Reverend,” he said simply.

“Robbie, if you are willing to spend an hour with Reverend White, just the two of you, and hear him out, then I'm willing to let you choose where you want to live. You can stay here in this den of iniquity, or you can come back to Claremont, or go to a good school.”

I saw him thinking about it. JP stood there in the background. “Professor Crampton, may we use your study?” Robbie called my dad “JP”, so I knew the formality was faked.

“Certainly Robbie,” he said. Just then Tonto appeared.

“Reverend White, what brings you to California?” she asked sweetly. When Tonto was that nice, it was a danger sign.

“I have come to spread the word of the Lord,” he said.

“Is that what they call hate and intolerance these days?” she asked coldly. He blanched.

“I am a man of the cloth madam,” he asserted indignantly.

“I just finished a letter to the City of Claremont about you,” she said. “I explained that I needed to devote my charitable contributions to organizations trying to repair the damage you do, so I will no longer be able to subsidize the Festival.” He just stared at her. “You may want to prepare a sermon to your flock, explaining why there will be no fireworks next Fourth of July.” He said nothing but I noticed that he gulped slightly. “Good day Reverend,” she said, and walked off. The rest of us were trying not to giggle, all except Brenda, who was furious.

“Reverend?” Robbie asked, looking at the TAG Heuer watch. “Time is wasting.” We sat there in the Great Hall, waiting: Me, Frank, JP, and Brenda, glaring at each other. Luckily my mother intervened and brought out drinks and snacks and brought up inane conversation to lighten the mood.

I stared at the massive grandfather clock, and it hit the one hour mark. Frank got up. “Let them have a minute longer,” Brenda insisted.

“You said an hour, you got your hour.” Frank headed to the study door, but before he could open it Robbie came out shaking his head. And smirking.

“That guy is a total creep,” he said.

“I will not have you talking about Reverend White like that,” Brenda said firmly.

Robbie looked at her. “Your friend wants me to come back to Claremont so he can convert me to the Lord's service. He told me, though, that if my homosexual desires overwhelm me, it is OK to give in to them if I do so with a man of God.”

“I don't believe that for a minute,” she said.

“He basically volunteered to fuck me if I get horny,” Robbie said crudely.

“That's a lie, an outright lie!” Reverend White shrieked.

“Brenda, you had your hour. Robbie, the choice is yours. Do you want to go back there, or do you want to stay here.”

“I'm staying here,” he said firmly.

“Good. Then that's settled.”

“I never said he could stay here,” Brenda said. “He's coming back to Claremont no matter what.”

“Mom, that's not going to happen. I used to love you, then I just disliked you, and now I'm starting to hate you, this person that you've become. Get out of here, get out of my life.” That Robbie said these words calmly, firmly, and deliberately gave them more impact than anything he could have yelled at her.

“Now you listen to me young man...” she began.

“You know, there is one other thing you should know before you go on any further, both of you. As a matter of fact,” said JP as he returned from his study, “I've had a most effective taping system installed in my study and this Great Hall. I have to say, it has worked marvelously.” On one side of the room stood Brenda and Reverend White, on the other side stood Frank, me, and JP. We were smiling, they were not. “I will offer you a deal. You sign over guardianship of Robbie to me, and I won't bother to play either of these tapes back.” He handed Brenda a piece of paper and a pen.

She looked at Reverend White. “Sister, this boy's soul is owned by the devil, but the lord will bring him home to us. He will save your son. You must yield to the inevitable, sister, and leave him here in this den of iniquity. Our prayers will save him in the end.”

She nodded, signed the paper, and they left, without a word of goodbye. Now that she was gone, Robbie started trembling. Frank hugged him and walked him back to his room. I followed JP back into his study.

“Your instincts were correct Bradley,” he said with that scheming grin of his. “I was busy preparing for Mrs. Hayes and Reverend White, so I could not talk to you at the time. I'm sorry for being so abrupt.”

“That's alright Dad. Seems I learn something new from you every day.” I smiled at him and headed back to my room. I knew that Robbie would come find me when he was ready. In the meantime, I decided to paint.

August 31, 1980

The past week had been so nice. Brenda was gone, Robbie was here and staying here and then Frank left and went home to end his miserable marriage. We were finally free to just be teenagers. Robbie had been practicing like a maniac, and had done well enough to placate the coach. Robbie had been given medical clearance to play football, but they had him on light workouts only and the rest of the team was told not to hit him. He felt fine and his kicking was becoming better and better. But this was Labor Day weekend, and school started on Tuesday. Our Labor Days followed a rote procedure. On Friday we all drove to the Beach and stayed there for the weekend. On Sunday, my mother left, and JP, usually with Stef for company, would stick around and chaperone our party.

It was always a big party. We invited everyone we knew, and they invited friends as well, so we usually had everyone who was anyone at Gunn there. JP and Stef would keep an eye on things to make sure no one got hurt, and we were free to party, dance, and do whatever. Anyone who came handed over their keys. Rafael stuck around and kept track of those. No one could leave unless they proved they were sober, which basically meant they couldn't leave until morning. This was THE big social event at Gunn, and for Ace and me, and now Robbie, it was even more important because we were seniors now. The top of the heap.

We all did turns at the door greeting people. Cary Chase came in with a bunch of football players. “Hey Brad,” he said shyly. “Thanks for the invite.”

“We're cool Cary. Have fun,” I said, pointing him to the keg. One of the guys lingered to flirt with Claire. Jackson Hobart, but he went by Jack. He wasn't on the football team, but I guess he'd ridden over with those guys. If I didn't have Robbie and I wanted a jack off fantasy, it would be this guy. He was about six feet tall, with dark hair and brown eyes, but a lighter brown that reminded me of Armand. He had the body and the face of a model. He was a junior and Claire was a sophomore now, the perfect high school match.

“Hey Jack,” I said, and shook his hand. I was being friendly, but that didn't matter to Claire, she still gave me a dirty look. She was pissed that I interrupted their conversation. “Would you do me a favor?”

“Sure,” he said. Claire glared at me, warning me not to fuck around with him.

“There are some surfboards down on the beach that I forgot to bring up. I'm worried they'll get trashed. Would you mind bringing them up for me? Claire can show you where they are.”

“No problem,” he said, and Claire beamed at me and led him off. Ace would kill me if he found out I was helping her hit on Jack.

I turned toward the door and almost ran right into Doug. He was here at my invitation, and I was hoping he could repair the damage to his reputation that I'd inflicted.

He looked around sheepishly to make sure no one was looking then gave me a quick hug. “Thanks for the invite. Oh, and my mom finally got to join the Junior League. She's happy as hell. Thanks man.”

“No problem. Tonto was glad to help out.” He smiled that dazzling smile, and I thought about how good his body felt, and how good he smelled, that unique aroma.

Ace showed up to give me a break and let me go get high. “Where's Claire?” he asked.

“I saw her head back to one of the bedrooms with Jack Hobart,” I told him.

“What!?” He started to freak out and I just laughed.

“Relax big guy. And lay off of her tonight. She's allowed to have a love life.”

“No she's not,” he said.

“How about if you agree to be celibate if she does?”

“That's different,” he grumbled.

“It is not. So cut her some slack,” I said, only this time I wasn't nice and friendly, and I think I made my point.

The party went on. I didn't see JP or Stef, but I knew they were there. Most guys would have found that to be a downer, but I appreciated it. They were cool, and this way I could get fucked up and enjoy myself. We built a huge bonfire down on the beach and did tequila shots. Around 2am I left the party and headed up to the house to look for Robbie. I knew he was trashed. It's not that I didn't trust him, I told myself, even though Doug was gone too.

I told myself these lies as I hiked up the ramp to the house. I stumbled every few steps, so I decided to light up a joint to help me out. I don't think it worked. The tequila and the pot hit together about the time I got to the house, but I forced my eyes to focus and wandered around, checking things out. There were a lot of couples making out in various corners. A few people had decided to pass out early and had wisely commandeered a couch. A good strategy, I thought with a smile. They might get lucky just by virtue of sharing a couch with another drunken person. I headed back to the bedrooms.

The first door I opened was the door to Ace's room. There was a couple in there fucking like mad. Juniors that I didn't know all that well. Then I went to Claire's room. I opened the door and heard some noises. I peeked in and there was Claire in bed with Jack. He was on top of her, really going at it. God he had a cute little ass. I paused for a minute and wavered. Part of me said that I should say something, but then I remembered my conversation with Ace. She was entitled to fuck a guy if she wanted to. I made to leave but bumped into the door. They both turned and looked at me, totally scared. I winked at them and simply said “Sorry,” locked the door and closed it. I found that I was smiling. Well, if she was going to let some guy nail her, at least she picked a good one. He was hot as hell, and seemed pretty nice.

I put my head to the door to listen. “Fuck. That was your brother! He's gonna kick my ass.”

“No he's not. That's Brad. He's totally cool. Now where were we?”

I smiled big. It's not every day you find out that your sister thinks you're “totally cool.”

I finally made it back to my room. I heard some movement and some dull moaning and I started to get pissed off, really pissed off. I opened the door and turned on the light and I saw Robbie's blond hair as he went down on a dick. He was lying sideways with his back to me, and the other guy was blowing him. A sideways 69 position. I stood there in the room staring at them. They freaked out. The other guy sat up and I saw that it was Doug.

“You broke our deal you mother fucker,” I yelled at him. Then I lowered my voice. “You told me you wouldn't fuck around with my boyfriend. And as for you asshole, so much for trust. So much for commitment.” I was really getting on a roll, really starting my tirade, when the bathroom door opened and a drunken Robbie stared out at me.

How could Robbie be in the bed and in the bathroom? I just stood there, looking at them. From one to the other. “Who are you yelling at?” he demanded.

“You,” I said, pointing at the bed. And then a really freaked out Billy turned around and faced me. “Oh fuck. Oh fuck. I am so sorry,” I stammered. I turned out the light and closed the door. “I'm so sorry. I really am. I'm so sorry.” I kept saying it over and over again. I heard Robbie laughing.

“Fuck you. Stop laughing at me.” I said. I headed to the bathroom but I'd turned off the lights in the room, so of course I fell over a chair and landed on my face. Now all three of them were laughing at me.

The light went back on and I sat up and grabbed my nose. It hurt like hell. There was blood pouring out of it. Robbie was too drunk to help me, but Doug and Billy got out of bed and pulled me up by my arms and carried me over to the bed. My hands were free and dangling so I reached down and grabbed their dicks. They almost dropped me. Robbie started laughing so hard he had to run to the bathroom to puke.

They sat me on my bed and started stuffing Kleenexes in my nose. “You won't tell anyone about this will you?” Billy asked, panicking.

“Nah. Go ahead bro. You can have my sloppy seconds.” Doug looked offended until he realized I was joking and he punched me playfully.

“I'm gonna go get Dad,” Billy said.

“No don't.” But he didn't listen.

Doug and I were there on the bed alone. I heard Robbie puking. Billy had slipped on some shorts and was running to find JP. “You better go into the next room,” I told him.

I felt his lips on mine, his tongue in my mouth, and I felt myself kissing him back. The hormones raged. But then, something inside of me clicked and I pushed him off. “Go on dumb ass,” I said with a smile. “Get out of here before Stef comes in and hauls you back to his room.”

He giggled and rushed next door, almost knocking Robbie down in the process. JP came in and looked at my nose, with Stef at his elbow. JP shook his head while Stef laughed. How typical of their personalities.

“Alright Brad, just lie down and keep up the pressure until the bleeding stops. I think you'll be alright.” Just then Robbie came staggering out of the bathroom, totally nude with a hard on. I started laughing, JP grinned, and Stef giggled.

Stef walked over to him and looked him up and down. “You are indeed a lot like your uncle.”

“Stefan, that's enough,” JP said severely. I looked up at him and saw his pain. Jeff still haunted him.

“Come on over here baby,” I said to Robbie, and made him get under the covers. He was such a cutie. God I hope he didn't pass out yet.

“I think you'll be fine,” JP said. He and Stef gave me quick kisses on the cheek and left, locking the door behind them.

I turned to Robbie and he laughed at me. “You look like one of those Sand People on Star Wars.” He did a really bad impression of one. I reached down and stroked his dick. That shut him up. I shed my shorts and shirt and we made love, wild wonderful love. Being drunk had some real advantages, because I lasted a whole lot longer. When we came I knew we were way too loud, but we seemed to get away with it.

Fucking sobered both of us up. “So you thought I was cheating on you?”

“I'm sorry. I really am. I should have known better. It's just that you and Billy look so much alike and...” He shut me up with a kiss.

“I won't cheat on you. Ever. You are all that I need.” I just stared at him. God I loved him. I lay there, snuggled up to him, torn between wanting to stay there and wanting to check on our guests. I heard him snoring, but I was still awake, so I slipped out of bed and decided to tour around and make sure all was well.

Things were quiet in the house now, with people mostly passing out. I saw Braintree passed out on the floor in just his boxers. Someone or some group of people had found some markers and done some creative drawing on him. I took a beer can and playfully put it in the slit of his boxers so it was sticking out like a dick. There was a couple still going at it on the couch. They were under some blankets so I went over and just stood over them.

“I think someone is here,” I heard a woman's voice.

“Of course someone's here. There are all kinds of people here. But no one's paying attention,” said the other voice. It sounded familiar.

I poked at the blanket. “Fuck off,” I heard. So I poked some more. That did it and the blanket flew back and there was Lark, sideways, with his dick in Karen.

“Oops. Sorry guys,” I said, and covered them back up. I laughed at Lark's pissed off look, but I found that seeing them together really didn't bother me. They were friends, nothing more. Important to me, in that regard, people I'd do just about anything for, but neither one of them was my soul mate. He was back in my bed.

I looked at my watch and it was 4am. I strolled down to the beach. I couldn't imagine living away from the ocean. It was part of me. It energized me. I saw a few people around the fire but I ignored them. Instead I stumbled out to my rocks, the ones that jutted out into the surf. I thought about the sea and the significance it had.

I stared into the waves and saw my fathers, both of them. Both of them had given their lives to the sea. Maybe that's why the ocean was so powerful to me. Maybe when I was in the ocean, I was with them, drawing strength from them. The thought made me smile. My legal father loved me. There was a letter in JP's safe proving it. My real father didn't even know I existed. But somehow there had to be a connection there.

I sighed and headed over to the dying bonfire and found Cary Chase and one of the other players passed out. I kicked them and told them to come up to the house, but they weren't listening. I made sure they were high enough so high tide wouldn't wash them away. That would be a rude awakening.

Back in the house everything seemed calm, so I headed back to my room and climbed into bed with my boyfriend. I was cold and I woke him up. He turned away from me so I simply snuggled up behind him. I lay there enjoying the feel of his amazing body, until the feel of his amazing body got me hard as a rock. He was drunk and asleep, but I was awake and horny, so I slowly lined up my cock and entered him.

“Aaaah,” I heard him moan. “What are you doing?” he demanded.

“I'm making love to you. Want me to stop?”

I pistoned in and out of him slowly and sensually. “No fucking way,” he said. After we came I stayed right behind him, wrapping my arms around him, enveloping him in my body, and in my love.

Copyright © 2011 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 4
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It is amazing that you could really have a party like that and no one, not even most of the other parents cared back then; do that now and the cops and the DA would have a field day. Brad needs to have a little trust but hard to do thta when you aren't really sure of yourself...

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 8/22/2013 at 9:03 PM, centexhairysub said:

It is amazing that you could really have a party like that and no one, not even most of the other parents cared back then; do that now and the cops and the DA would have a field day. Brad needs to have a little trust but hard to do thta when you aren't really sure of yourself...

Not in CA in general and especially not in Santa Cruz in a house with no other houses close by.

Nice to see Billy take a walk on the wild side. I remember what happens in this book. I just don't remember how we get there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..