Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 1,003 Words
  • 3,816 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

In The Arms of an Angel - 22. Chapter 22 - I'm Coming to Get You

There was a light in the darkness. A full moon hanging pendulous in his dark sky. It had been dark for as long as he could remember. Once, there had been someone here with him, drawing him towards their dark light. He’d never quite managed to reach them and then, suddenly, they’d gone. Now something else was coming and it scared him.

At first he’d been happy about it— finally something to relieve the monotony— but then he started to get nervous and the nervousness turned to fear. This might all have happened in a day, a year, or a second. He had no means to measure time.

“Pasha.” The sound of the name shot terror through him and the darkness pulsed red.

“No,” he screamed, without making a sound.

“Come now, Pasha. Have you no courage in you at all that you run from me before you know me?”

Courage? No. He had none of that. His heart was pounding in time with the red flashes, and the screaming went on and on. Then it stopped. Everything stopped. In the cool darkness a voice spoke. “Be brave. I know where you are. I’m coming for you.” Something about the voice calmed him, made everything alright, and he opened his eyes.

He was horizontal, looking up at a dark ceiling. Between him and the ceiling was a face, which was attached to a body, which had…wings? The shadow of wings. For a dizzying moment he was utterly confused, then everything clicked into place and he tried to sit up.

He shouldn’t have been surprised he couldn’t move. Thinking about it, he wasn’t. It should have frightened him, but it didn’t. It was the voice, that presence inside him, that kept the fear at bay. There was urgency about it, something fighting to be with him, to protect him and an all-encompassing feeling of being loved.

“Uzzi’el.” He was surprised the word slipped out. He hadn’t intended to speak it aloud. Laughter welcomed it into the world.

“Ah yes, little human.” The face came into sharp focus and he watched the lips move around the words. “Uzzi’el doesn’t seem to be as closely linked to you as we thought. He managed to break the connection, didn’t he? Couldn’t have been strong, could it? I’m so sorry, little human, but it seems your precious Uzzi’el wasn’t your soulmate after all. Do you love him? Did you really think an angel could love you?” The face, with the beautiful blue eyes and curly blonde hair drew the full, bow shaped lips into a smile that should have been sweet but was anything but.

“He does love me.”

Micha’el laughed, a sweet sound, full of malice. “Silly little human? If he truly loved you. If he truly was your soulmate, he wouldn’t have been able to break the bond between you and he would still be imprisoned in the cage your mind created for him.”

“He…is still there. He…is still with me. I…feel him.”

“You do?” Micha’el looked surprised, then pleased…no gleeful. “Oh how delightful. I was going to kill you. You’d have been no use to me. But if that fool Uzzi’el really is still connected, we might yet make that connection work for us. Thank you. Thank you for telling me that. If I chance to meet your ‘soulmate’ before he dies I’ll be sure to let him know you were the one to give me the information that brought him down. If you can feel him, then he can feel you. Think about that.”

The face smiled again, and stroked his face. “Such a beautiful boy. If I wasn’t so busy I’d play with you and let your ‘soulmate’ feel that. Unfortunately I have to leave it to others. Try not to die too quickly.”

Pasha’s dulled mind couldn’t comprehend what Micha’el was saying but he was aware enough to know it wasn’t good. He watched the archangel walk across the room.

Something sparked in him, brought the tiny flame inside he knew was Uzzi’el, into blazing life. He knew what Micha’el was talking about, what he was intending to do. He knew Uzzi’el was searching for him. He had to stall as long as he could.

“It won’t make any difference, you pile of shit.” He tried to shout. It came out as strained gasp, but it stopped Micha’el in his tracks.

“What did you call me?”

“A…pile of shit.”

Micha’el wasn’t laughing anymore. He strode back across the room. “A human? A measly, pathetic, weak human, would dare speak to an archangel in this way?”

‘No,’ Pasha’s mind was screaming. “Yes,” his voice said, speaking out of the place where Uzzi’el had his spiritual arms around him.

“Are you not afraid of me?”

“Yes. But you’re a bully and I don’t run away from bullies.”

Micha’el narrowed his eyes. “A bully? That’s a human term. It means nothing to me. Do you have any idea how much power I have? How much damage I could do to you? I could blast you out of existence with a thought.”

“Then do it.” Pasha was terrified. The more awareness he gained the more he realised how crazy his actions were. He was taunting an archangel, one of the most powerful beings in the universe. And this wasn’t a very nice one.

Micha’el smiled. “Oh no. I know what you’re doing. You’re trying goad me into killing you, to save your precious Uzzi’el. How sweet. What a shame it didn’t work.”

Michael’s smile seemed to be growing wider and wider as his face swelled to dominate Pasha’s vision. He couldn’t turn his head, couldn’t close his eyes, couldn’t shut it out in any way. The eyes bored into his, deeper and deeper into his head, burning him. The pain started and it grew at a frightening rate. It might have driven him insane if he didn’t have something to concentrate on, something to hold on to. Uzzi’el. He had to protect Uzzi’el.

Check out other free stories at nephylim-author.blogspot.co.uk
Copyright © 2013 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

B) ............... Well that was interesting, however did Pasha escape? Also in breaking the bond with Uzzy he managed to thwart Miche'l plans. Miche'l must be amazed and furious with himself that a mere mortal human defeated him. Great chapter Nephy
Link to comment
On 01/10/2013 06:38 AM, Benji said:
B) ............... Well that was interesting, however did Pasha escape? Also in breaking the bond with Uzzy he managed to thwart Miche'l plans. Miche'l must be amazed and furious with himself that a mere mortal human defeated him. Great chapter Nephy
Well, Micha'el has a lot more amazement to come between these two and none of it is going to be in a good way :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nephy a fantastic story. Loving every minute of it. Longer chapters! A mere 800-1000 words per chapter has me working harder to get to the next chapter than I spend reading it! Besides, when it's this good I know you are writing 15-18 k words at a clip. It just flows so well.

And this chapter was misnamed. Its where Uzziel comes back and kicks Gabes feathered butt. It would more appropriately be called, "Birds of a Feather" How could you miss that one?

Gotta go, spent too much time chatting. Have to load the next chapter!

r

Link to comment
On 02/09/2013 05:59 AM, ricky said:
Nephy a fantastic story. Loving every minute of it. Longer chapters! A mere 800-1000 words per chapter has me working harder to get to the next chapter than I spend reading it! Besides, when it's this good I know you are writing 15-18 k words at a clip. It just flows so well.

And this chapter was misnamed. Its where Uzziel comes back and kicks Gabes feathered butt. It would more appropriately be called, "Birds of a Feather" How could you miss that one?

Gotta go, spent too much time chatting. Have to load the next chapter!

r

thank you hun :) Unfortunately it's a Wednesday flash that's running on my blog. nephylim-author.blogspot.co.uk. I'm not allowed to write more than 1000 words :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..