Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 1,007 Words
  • 3,504 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

In The Arms of an Angel - 36. Chapter 36 - Help

Pasha was furious with himself that he’d allowed this to happen. He should have thought of it before he stepped over the threshold. Had Gabri’el thought about it? Was he aware of what he’d done? More and more Pasha was becoming convinced they’d walked into a trap after all. Together, he and Uzzy were unstoppable but now…. He stood at the side of the bed and looked down.

If he allowed himself to be honest, Uzzy looked dead. His skin was cold and had a blue-ish tinge, especially around the mouth. Nothing Pasha could do warmed him. Even the hot pillows Gabri’el had brought made no difference and turned cold quickly. He’d tried lying next to him under the covers and warming him with his own body but that had only made Pasha cold and not warmed Uzzy at all. It almost seemed as if he was sucking warmth out of his surroundings and Pasha wouldn’t have been surprised to see ice forming on him.

Trailing his finger over Uzzy’s cheek, Pasha shuddered. He was cold as marble. A hideously beautiful statue.

“Dammit.”

Striding across the room, Pasha threw himself into the computer chair and booted up. There was no way he could sit for any length of time just watching Uzzy and the clock or he would go insane. Whether or not he found anything useful on the computer, at least it would keep his mind occupied for a time.

When prompted for a password Pasha frowned. Gabri’el had said he wouldn’t have any trouble guessing it, but that was all well and good when you weren’t sitting in front of the screen with a mind blank of everything but fear. All he could thing about was Uzzy.

On an impulse, Pasha typed in ‘Uzziel’ and the password was accepted. Of course. Just great.

Once into the computer, Pasha had no idea where to go next. He typed a few random key words and phrases but nothing came up.

“Pasha.”

Pasha spun at the sound of his name, but there was no one there.

“Who’s there?” He was met with nothing but silence. Shivering, he turned back to the computer and carried on randomly searching.

“Pasha.”

This time the voice was so close and so loud he leaped from his chair and spun, ready to fight. But still there was no one. The room seemed to have gone very cold and he rubbed his arms. Suddenly, he was frightened. Was the man who had taken Uzzy coming for him now? Why? Had he finished with Uzzy? Was he…?

Pasha ran to the bed and bent over Uzzy. As much as he hated to touch his cold skin, Pasha pressed his ear to Uzzy’s chest and almost fainted when he heard the faint but steady thump of his heart. He stood and laid his hand on Uzzy’s chest.

“I’m going insane,” he said softly. “This is driving me mad.”

“Pasha.”

Suddenly, with shocking awareness, Pasha realised the voice was coming, not from the room behind him, but inside his head.

“Uzzy? Is that you?”

“Pasha.”

Pasha looked down at his mate. Uzzy’s eyes were closed, the lids still and blue. There were no signs of life and when Pasha tried to find their connection there was nothing.

“Pasha.”

“Alright,” he snapped. “I’m listening. What am I supposed to do?”

Looking around a room that suddenly seemed sinister, Pasha shivered. “Uzzy, we’re in trouble here. We’re prisoners in Gabri’el’s house and I don’t think he’s our mate, and I don’t think he’s innocent in this. We did walk into a trap. That’s right isn’t it?”

“Yes.”

This time the voice was definitely not inside his head and he spun with a snarl. “What do you know?”

Gabri’el looked dreadful. He was almost as pale as Uzzy and his hair was dishevelled as if he’d been running his hands through it repeatedly.

“I didn’t want to be involved, Pasha, I swear. If I’d known they were going to hurt him I’d never have—.”

Pasha flew across the room, grabbed Gabri’el by the front of his shirt and slammed him against the wall. “What do you know?”

“Nothing. Not much. I… When I…. When I came back they were waiting for me. I don’t know who they are. Not the Council. I don’t even know if they’re angels.”

“Human?”

“Hell no.”

“Then what?”

“I don’t know. I’ve been trying to find out but I can’t…. I….”

“And you led us into a trap?”

“No. Yes. I didn’t know it was a trap. They’ve crushed the Council and have all the civil unrest under control. They seemed…genuine. They said…they said they know about you – you and him – that you’re special and they wanted to talk to you. I agreed to get you here, but I swear I thought it was only to talk.”

“Then why all that bullshit about handing Eden over to Uzzy.”

“It’s what they told me to say. I didn’t know they were going to do this. I swear I didn’t know.”

“Who was that man?”

“One of them.”

“And all that bullshit about being our own gods and about Uzzy…coming into his destiny…?”

“I don’t know. I’d never heard any of it before. I swear Pasha, I thought they were going to talk to you. Just talk to you.”

“And where are they now?”

“I don’t know. I’ve been to Council Chamber but there’s no one there. I tried every method they gave me to contact me but they’re all offline.”

“I bet. They’ve got what they want.”

“Pasha.”

“Did you hear that?”

“Hear what?”

“Someone calling my name.”

“No.”

Turning his back on Gabri’el, Pasha walked back to the bed and took Uzzy’s hand. “Baby, please. Show me how to get to you. Give me some kind of opening. Something.”

“Pasha.”

“Is that you? Is it? What do you want? What do you want me to do?”

Uzzy’s eyes opened and Pasha recoiled. They were completely white. “Help.”

Copyright © 2013 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well...nothing justifies Gabri'el living after this, whether or not he was duped. He was allowed to live, and just look what happened. He's too much of a liability to leave living.

 

Yes, this is an "I told you so". :P

Link to comment

Uzzy has totally white eyes. Creepy! Nobody knows who the strange men are. and

they're taking over. It's time for The Doctor!

Link to comment
B) ........Yep, I kinda of told you so too! LOL! Humm, these guys that took over aren't angels or human, so that just leaves demons. Nice chapter Nephy!
Link to comment
On 04/27/2013 06:14 AM, MJ85 said:
Well...nothing justifies Gabri'el living after this, whether or not he was duped. He was allowed to live, and just look what happened. He's too much of a liability to leave living.

 

Yes, this is an "I told you so". :P

Lots of people told me so which is why i totally changed the story to make it so :) Gabriel may or may not redeem himself. we shall see. thanks for the review
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 04/27/2013 07:32 AM, Stephen said:
Uzzy has totally white eyes. Creepy! Nobody knows who the strange men are. and

they're taking over. It's time for The Doctor!

hah. i commented to someone else that all it needed was The Doctor. It would have to be the David Tenant one though :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/27/2013 07:32 AM, Stephen said:
Uzzy has totally white eyes. Creepy! Nobody knows who the strange men are. and

they're taking over. It's time for The Doctor!

hah. i commented to someone else that all it needed was The Doctor. It would have to be the David Tenant one though :)
Link to comment
On 04/27/2013 09:06 AM, Benji said:
B) ........Yep, I kinda of told you so too! LOL! Humm, these guys that took over aren't angels or human, so that just leaves demons. Nice chapter Nephy!
or aliens :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

grrrrrr told you Gabriel was up to something even if he doesnt knowhat they did he knows that they were up to spmething. Its going to take Pasha quite a bit to figure this out but i trust Pasha he will get his Uzzy back and Gabriel will get what is owing to him......or else ;p;

Link to comment

Nicely done with this chapter. I love the drama of it all. I still want to know what has Uzzy. Mr.Sexy Wings should be the one who has, not the one who has been had. ( God that is an awful sentence, I am leaving it that way though for funny factor.) Anywho. I love my angels. I just had to leave you smiles before I went to bed. I have no voice and my neck hurts from banging my head. That was one of the better shows I have seen lately except Alice in Chains. Good night sweet Pasha, all will be well,

Link to comment
On 04/27/2013 01:00 PM, Daithi said:
grrrrrr told you Gabriel was up to something even if he doesnt knowhat they did he knows that they were up to spmething. Its going to take Pasha quite a bit to figure this out but i trust Pasha he will get his Uzzy back and Gabriel will get what is owing to him......or else ;p;
Don't worry. Gabriel will pay for this. You would have thought he'd have learned last time. Sigh. Some people just don't learn.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/27/2013 03:25 PM, Carrie76 said:
Nicely done with this chapter. I love the drama of it all. I still want to know what has Uzzy. Mr.Sexy Wings should be the one who has, not the one who has been had. ( God that is an awful sentence, I am leaving it that way though for funny factor.) Anywho. I love my angels. I just had to leave you smiles before I went to bed. I have no voice and my neck hurts from banging my head. That was one of the better shows I have seen lately except Alice in Chains. Good night sweet Pasha, all will be well,
I can always count on you for a smile. you're so beautifully insane :) Hope your head it better soon :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..