Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 1,003 Words
  • 3,942 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

In The Arms of an Angel - 21. Chapter 21 - The Deceiver

“I don’t know what you mean,” Gabri’el said, climbing to his feet. He looked hurt and confused. This time it wasn’t washing. Uzzi’el crossed his arms across his chest and narrowed his eyes.

“When did it happen, Gabri’el? When did you decide to betray me? Was it before we came here? Did you deliberately leave me in the hands of the enforcers? Did you orchestrate it?”

“Don’t be ridiculous. Of course I didn’t. I love you. You know I love you. Everyone knows I love you,” He swept his arm around the table like the showman he was.

“What about Pasha? You don’t love him. You’ve made that clear enough. Did it give you pleasure to hand him over to Micha’el? Did you discuss with him what drugs to use on Pasha to make sure you could manipulate our connection so they affected me too. You wouldn’t have left something like that to chance would you?”

“Uzzy, are you sure you’re feeling well? You’ve been so ill and you’re talking nonsense.”

“I haven’t been ill, Gabri’el and you know it. You’ve simply been manipulating me, and everyone else. I want to know one thing from you, that’s all. Just one thing.”

“What?” Gabri’el asked suspiciously.

“Where is he? Where is Pasha?”

“I don’t know anything about….”

“Don’t lie to me. You’ve been and done many things to me, but you’ve never directly lied. Give me a straight answer. Do you know where he is?”

“No.”

“But you know who has him.”

“You’re sick, Uzzy,” Gabriel said gently. “Your head’s not right. You can’t be feeling yourself or you wouldn’t say such things to me. I love you, Uzzy. I….”

“No, Gabri’el. You’re not going to squirm off the hook this time. This is my soulmate and I’m not compromising. Tell me what you know.”

“I don’t know anything. Uzzy, you’re paranoid, deluded, can’t you see that? You’re ill. You should lie down.” Gabri’el reached out to him and something snapped inside. Uzzi’el grabbed the arm, pulled, twisted and before he knew it Gabriel found himself with his back pressed against Uzzi’el, his arm twisted behind him and Uzzi’el’s arm around his throat, cutting off is air.

“I’m not a weakling and I’m not a fool. Once again, you underestimate me. You didn’t think I’d get free from the enforcers, did you? And it must have felt like your birthday when I went missing. I’m sure you were already in the process of taking my position, even then. It must have been frustrating when my friends insisted on searching for me before they’d mourn my death like you did. And then… what did I do? I came back. I spoiled your plans and to top it all I had a human mate. You hate humans, don’t you? You always have?

“This war isn’t about saving humanity, not for you. It isn’t about breaking the power of the Council to stop them meddling in human affairs, driving them to destruction. No, it’s about power. It’s always been about power. You couldn’t care less if Micha’el wiped out every human on the planet. In fact I’m sure it’s part of your plan that between you, you give it your best shot. Why share Earth with humanity when you can take it from them by force?

There were gasps from around the table and one or two people got to their feet.

“Uzzy,” Gabri’el said in an even, placating voice. “You’re obviously not well. You don’t know what you’re saying. Just let me go and….”

Uzzi’el tightened his grip. “Not a chance, sunshine. You’re not going to talk me into believing I’m deluded and I’m not going let you convince anyone else either. I’m not ill and I’m not confused. In fact, I’m clearer than I’ve been in ages. I see it now. It’s all one big game for you, isn’t it? The whole thing. Tell me—did you ever really care for me, even a little.”

Gabri’el laughed, and it wasn’t a nice one. “Care for you? Yeah, I guess so, in the way a human would care for a puppy. You’re soft and sweet and beautiful and so, so easy to manipulate. It was almost too easy, no challenge at all. You swallowed every line I fed you, like you were starving and you were a bloody good fuck, but you were never going to be in it for the long run.

“For the record, no, I didn’t sell you out to the enforcers but I can’t say I was too upset when they caught you. It suited my plans just fine.”

Intense pain stabbed into Uzzi’el’s heart with every word. “I knew it,” he said hoarsely, “I knew you left me. You let them take me, let them do those terrible things to me.” For a moment he felt overwhelmingly weak and Gabri’el seemed to sense it. He surged forward, intending to burst from Uzzi’el’s arms but Uzzi’el wasn’t that weak and all Gabri’el earned for himself was his shoulder almost yanked out of its socket.

“Never mind, Gabri’el, I’m back now. I’m sure it’s a relief to know I’m home and well again.”

“Yeah, I’m ecstatic,” Gabri’el ground out. Two warriors appeared at Uzzi’el’s elbow and he allowed them to take Gabri’el from his arms and bind him.

“Find out what he knows about Micha’el,” Uzzi’el said coldly. “I don’t care what you do to him to get the information.”

“But Uzzy….”

“Don’t call me that.” He turned his back as Gabri’el was dragged away, screaming abuse at him. He closed his ears and his heart. “Right, ladies and gentlemen, I think some damage limitation might be in order. And we have a rebellion to plan…properly.”

For a moment there was silence, then one of members of the council of war, a beautiful blonde in a red satin dress, raised her glass and said, in a velvet soft voice. “Well done Uzzy darling. I never did like that slimy toad.”

If you're interested in reading other flashes, getting news on my books, art, news, articles and interviews by other authors (most recently our own Kia Zi Shiru on the release of her new book - Book 1 of the Black Sheep trilogy) hop over to my blog
http://nephylim-author.blogspot.co.uk/
Copyright © 2013 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Way to go Uz!!!! This was a great victory for Uz but I doubt it is the last we will see of Michael. Great to see a new chapter. I've been missing my Uz and Pasha fix :)

Link to comment

YEY, three cheers for UZZY! I'm glad Gabriel got his, at least for now, im sure he'll be back to cause more trouble.

Link to comment

Oh noes! Gabe is a bad man! Heartless too. How dare he call Uzzy a puppy. Does he forget that Uzzy has friends that make fire? Dummy angel is going to get his feathers toasted!

That being said, I am so proud of Uzzy. Mr. Sexy wings is back in his right mind and how he is going to be sexy AND dangerous. Which is even more sexy. I am so glad your computer is all better now so that we can see what happens next. I was really starting to miss these guys.

 

In completely unrelated news. Today is Andy Biersack's birthday. He is a whopping 22. It looks like I will have to start exploring my inner cougar. Being 36 sucks sometimes.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 12/27/2012 03:01 AM, CW Prince said:
Way to go Uz!!!! This was a great victory for Uz but I doubt it is the last we will see of Michael. Great to see a new chapter. I've been missing my Uz and Pasha fix :)
Thank you hun. Merry Christmas. Uzzy is a force to be reckoned with when he wants to be. Next time we catch up with Pasha and things speed up
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/27/2012 05:36 AM, layla said:
YEY, three cheers for UZZY! I'm glad Gabriel got his, at least for now, im sure he'll be back to cause more trouble.
You know, he just might. Next week we catch up with Pasha and we'll move on a bit.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/27/2012 07:50 AM, Carrie76 said:
Oh noes! Gabe is a bad man! Heartless too. How dare he call Uzzy a puppy. Does he forget that Uzzy has friends that make fire? Dummy angel is going to get his feathers toasted!

That being said, I am so proud of Uzzy. Mr. Sexy wings is back in his right mind and how he is going to be sexy AND dangerous. Which is even more sexy. I am so glad your computer is all better now so that we can see what happens next. I was really starting to miss these guys.

 

In completely unrelated news. Today is Andy Biersack's birthday. He is a whopping 22. It looks like I will have to start exploring my inner cougar. Being 36 sucks sometimes.

Being 36 is so much better than being 48. My cougar is growling :) Uzzy is going to get uber hot very soon. Next week we catch up with Pasha and he's going to be pretty sexy too... and naked ;) Merry Christmas darlin
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nice chapter, Uzzy has indeed come back to his old self, and Gabe is going to pay for what he tried to do.

Link to comment
On 01/01/2013 05:29 AM, Benji said:
Nice chapter, Uzzy has indeed come back to his old self, and Gabe is going to pay for what he tried to do.
Indeed he will. Uzzy just gets better and better. Just you wait and see. I feel a HUGE shock coming on for micha'el
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..