Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 997 Words
  • 3,554 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

In The Arms of an Angel - 52. Chapter 52 The End

Half an hour later they were lying, absolutely sated, tangled in each other. Pasha was listening to the crackle of the fire and Uzzy’s breathing, which was still a little fast. He raised his head, which was cradled on Uzzy’s shoulder, to look down at his mate. Uzzy’s eyes were closed, his hair mussed and his lips swollen from kissing. The flickering light from the fire cast dancing shadows on his perfext face. Pasha’s heart swole at the sheer beauty of his lover and a powerful protectiveness swept over him. Uzzy looked so vulnerable, even though Pasha knew he wasn’t. He traced the lines of Uzzy’s face, brushing his fingers over Uzzy’s cheek and lips, which curved at his touch.

On the other side, Gabri’el stirred languidly and also raised his head. If anything, he was even more beautiful than Uzzy; a darker, more dangerous beauty. Pasha thought there was nothing that could make Gabri’el look vulnerable. The warrior angel leaned across Uzzy’s body and kissed Pasha tenderly. It felt so good. When they broke apart there was a look of such fierce love in Gabri’el’s eyes it made Pasha’s stomach tighten.

A thunderous hammering on the door had Pasha and Gabri’el leaping backward. Gabri’el went for his sword, while Pasha crouched in front of Uzzy, who was laughing, even as he scrambled up to kneel next to Pasha. “Silly angels,” he said, kissing Pasha’s shoulder. “As if anyone could hurt us here.”

Uzzi’el waved his hand lazily toward the door and a whirlwind of white and gold flew in with a cloud of feathers.

Mute, for once, Fierro flew to Uzzy and circled him, fluffing his feathers and keening. Uzzy reached out to him and, sitting back, drew the fiery bird onto his lap. Fierro butted his chin and Uzzy laughed again. “Insane creature.”

“We have both been insane with worry over you all,” Frosty announced, her usually haughty manner tempered with relief. “We thought we had lost you and were concerned we’d lost the other two too. Who would have led the armies? Who would have rebuilt the Council?”

“And that’s the only reason you were concerned?”

“I watched you die, Lord,” Fierro said with none of his usual bluster. “It broke my heart. I will take time to heal.”

Silently, Uzzy hugged Fierro, then held his arms out to Frosty. After a brief hesitation she hopped up onto the bed and allowed herself to be petted.

“I saw you die,” Fierro repeated, in accusing tones.

“I know. It wasn’t really me, though. Just an empty shell; a deceit. I was never there.”

“And how was I expected to know that?” Fierro said, sounding more his old self. “I went through hell. Do you have any idea what it’s like to watch someone you love die?”

“You love me?” Uzzy asked, grinning.

“I didn’t say that,” FIerro said ruffling his feathers.

“Do we live here now?” Frosty asked. “I feel magic; much magic.”

“Yes, we live here now. There are so many things to see; to find, and we’ve only just begun.”

“What about the Council? Eden? Earth?”

“We can run them all from here. I’ll explain later, but we can establish easy ways to travel, no problem. We’ll call a meeting of the Council here in the morning and we can thrash out the details with them.”

“And you won’t go doing stupid things again?”

“I’m sure I will. Lots of stupid things, but I have my friends around me. I think you should stick close to me, just to make sure I don’t get out of hand.”

Fierro humped and looked around. “Did you know you’re naked? I suppose you’re all—.”

His question was cut off by a loud alarm. Without even stopping to dress, the three angels, followed by the two feisty birds, ran to the control room.

Uzzy’s fingers flew over the controls. After a moment, he relaxed and smiled. “I think a friend has a message for us,” he said.

“What friend? Who know we’re here?”

“You’ll see,” Uzzy said. After a few more moments working furiously on the control panel, Uzzy stepped back. One of the screens, that had always been blank, was fizzing and slowly resolved into a picture.

Ari was wearing some kind of uniform, and his long hair was braided over his shoulder. He was beaming.

“How are you doing? Settling in?”

“Starting to.”

“I see your birds have found you.”

Uzzy glanced at the two birds who were hovering, nervous but protective. “I didn’t doubt for a moment they would.”

“I can’t be long. It takes a lot of energy to maintain the connection. I just wanted to let you know I passed.”

“You did? That’s great.”

“I could get offended that you’re so surprised, if I didn’t appreciate how right you are.”

“What are you going to do now?”

“I’ll be assigned a new task, my first as a qualified scientist. I don’t know what it is yet, but I hope it has nothing to do with climate control.”

“God forbid,” Pasha said, rolling his eyes.

“Well, if you forbid it, I’ll convey your orders.”

Pasha blinked, confused for a moment, then laughed. “It’s going to take some getting used to.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get right into it. At least there are three of you. I was on my own. Besides, Uzzy is already better at using the machines than I am. You’ll do fine. Make sure to have fun.”

The picture started to waver.

“Looks like I have to go.”

“Wait. Will we ever see you again?”

“Maybe. I’ll try.”

Before any of them could say another word, the picture dissolved and the screen went blank.

“I’m glad he passed.”

“Yeah. On the whole, he wasn’t so bad.”

“As Gods go, he wasn’t a bad one, I guess.”

“We’ll be better.”

“Yeah, like he said, we have each other. We can do anything, together.”

“Yes, we can, together.”

The End.

This is the end of the story, but I'm thinking of expanding and subbing it to a publisher, so keep your eyes open. This may not be THE END
Copyright © 2013 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Bravo!!! Great job! I loved the ending. So glad Ari passed the exam. Would have sucked eggs if God couldn't pass a test!!! LOL. So glad the birds found them, I missed them. So the Holy Trinity is really in charge now. Let the fun begin.....

Anyway...Thanks for this wonderful story. Will there be anymore Wednesday Briefs? Let us know if you expand and publish. Good luck with that.

Next story??? Soon????

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/14/2013 07:46 AM, LadyDe said:
Bravo!!! Great job! I loved the ending. So glad Ari passed the exam. Would have sucked eggs if God couldn't pass a test!!! LOL. So glad the birds found them, I missed them. So the Holy Trinity is really in charge now. Let the fun begin.....

Anyway...Thanks for this wonderful story. Will there be anymore Wednesday Briefs? Let us know if you expand and publish. Good luck with that.

Next story??? Soon????

The next Wednesday Brief is in progress. It's a straight story, so I'm not going to post it here. I'm going to post the previous WB I did. Rune and Luke. I was fond of that and it will be fun to post again. Thank you so much for your comments and support
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/15/2013 12:11 AM, stanollie said:
I couldn't ask for a better ending? Beginning? Will look forward to Rune and Luke.
Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I didn't want to cut it too short or drag it out too much. I liked it and I'm glad you did too. I love Rune, he's so adorable and Luke is very protective of him, He needs to be.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
:,( I'm going to miss these guys. Then again I miss all of your characters when the stories come to completion. It's been one hell of a unique, intriguing and spectacular ride. As I have said before, there were times that I felt left out in Right Field as everyone else was heading off for Ice Cream, mostly because I missed a small snippet or clue, but I think that was half the fun. Reading, rereading and trying to second guess where you were going to take the story. My thoughts heading off in one direction only to get whiplash as you sent the characters and story off soaring in a total different spin. (BTW...I'll send ya the ER bill for the whiplash, lol) Another amazing feat in story telling, Nephylim. Thank-You!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I loved this story I don't want to see it end but all good things must end....i guess. To think how far the story has come from a bump on the road to godly status of three. Amazing how much love, all kinds of love can change your life. From a solitary person with only a brother to love to a trio of angels becoming gods.. Beautiful story and hopefully not the true end I will keep my eyes open for more in the future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/15/2013 10:16 AM, CW Prince said:
:,( I'm going to miss these guys. Then again I miss all of your characters when the stories come to completion. It's been one hell of a unique, intriguing and spectacular ride. As I have said before, there were times that I felt left out in Right Field as everyone else was heading off for Ice Cream, mostly because I missed a small snippet or clue, but I think that was half the fun. Reading, rereading and trying to second guess where you were going to take the story. My thoughts heading off in one direction only to get whiplash as you sent the characters and story off soaring in a total different spin. (BTW...I'll send ya the ER bill for the whiplash, lol) Another amazing feat in story telling, Nephylim. Thank-You!
Thank you so much for your kind words. This story was so much fun to write. One of the great things about it was that it was written from week to week in response to prompts and it was the prompts that often sparked off one of the wackier ideas. I'm sorry to see the boys go too but I am seriously considering fleshing out their adventures and adding new material for publication. It would be nice to explore some of the things I had to rush over.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/15/2013 11:07 AM, Daithi said:
I loved this story I don't want to see it end but all good things must end....i guess. To think how far the story has come from a bump on the road to godly status of three. Amazing how much love, all kinds of love can change your life. From a solitary person with only a brother to love to a trio of angels becoming gods.. Beautiful story and hopefully not the true end I will keep my eyes open for more in the future.
Thank you so much for your support all the way through. I'm sure my boys appreciate it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/28/2014 03:44 AM, bundu_st said:
I absolutely love the way your mind works. I can only bow down.
Haha. My mind works in mysterious ways, even to me. Thank you SO much for commenting :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/22/2018 at 5:03 PM, Himmin said:

Thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you! :D❤️ 

You're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..