Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 1,013 Words
  • 4,464 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

In The Arms of an Angel - 18. Chapter 18 Don't Leave Me

When Gabri’el had gone there was silence. Pasha had no idea what to say. Eventually, he had to break the silence.

“You remember then?”

“Yes.”

“Those men who came were right, weren’t they? You are a warrior and, from their point of view, you are an escaped criminal.”

“Yes.” Uzzi’el wouldn’t meet his eyes. He stared at the floor and chewed on his lip.

“And you’re dangerous.”

That wasn’t a question but Uzzi’el answered anyway. “Yes.”

“What have you done to me?”

Uzzi’el knelt before Pasha, his eyes tormented. “I never meant to hurt you, Pasha. I swear I did nothing consciously to hurt you.”

“Would it have made a difference if you’d remembered?”

“Yes. I would have run far away the moment I saw you.”

“You’d have run from me?”

“If that’s what it took to keep you safe.”

“Oh.”

“I’d like to think I’d have had the strength to walk away but I don’t know. From the moment I saw you there was…a connection. When I started feeling your feelings I knew. I didn’t remember but I knew.”

“Knew what?”

“That I’d found my mate, my partner. We bonded and I was helpless to do anything about it. I love you, Pasha. I love you more than I ever thought it was possible to love anyone.”

“What about Gabri’el?”

“Gabri’el was a mistake. I was young. What can I say? He was the kind of guy you’d want to lick chocolate off. I really believed I loved him— and that he loved me. Sometimes I think maybe he does but he’s not the loving kind. He’s a soldier through and through, always has been. I think he’s forgotten what it means to love. He thinks only of the next battle and how to get his men through it. That’s all I ever was, one of his men; one who was decorative enough to grace his table and passionate enough to keep his bed warm. He cares for me, I believe that. He just doesn’t know how.”

“Do you care for him? Still?”

Uzzi’el stared at him. “I want to be completely honest with you, Pasha. I suspect I have no choice. You know how I feel without me having to say a word. Yes, I still care for him. There’s still a pull but it’s not like it was before. Before when he called I had to come. Now, I can hear the call and walk away.”

Pasha nodded. “I believe you.”

They smiled at each other until suddenly something snapped and they were in each other’s arms kissing desperately, as if it was the last kiss they’d ever share.

Then Uzzi’el pulled away. “Pasha,” he said softly, regretfully and Pasha was hit by a wave of sadness and despair.

“No,” He whispered.

“I have to go.”

“Don’t leave me.”

“I have to. I’m a leader. People depend on me for their lives, their freedom. I can’t, in all conscience, stay here safe with you when people are dying in my name.”

“Then let me come.”

“I can’t, Pasha. You’re not a warrior. You wouldn’t last a day and I couldn’t take that chance.”

“Please. Please don’t leave me. Not now. Please. You won’t come back. I know you won’t come back.”

Uzzi’el took his hands and held them tight over his heart. “I swear to you, if I am able I will come back.”

“If you’re able?”

“Only death will keep me away from you.”

“Death?”

“It’s a war, Pasha.”

“I’ll know, won’t I. I’ll feel if you…”

“Yes.”

“Will I die too?”

“No. If I die the bond will break and you’ll be free of me.”

“I don’t want to be free of you. I don’t ever want to be free of you.”

Uzzi’el threw his arms around him and pulled him close. “I don’t want to leave you either,” he whispered in his ear. “I want to be with you forever and I will be. When this is over I’ll never leave your side again.”

“Uzzi’el?” The sharp retort drew them apart. Pasha looked up and saw Gabri’el in the doorway, his face expressionless.

“Gabri’el.” Uzzi’el’s voice was cold.

“It’s time to go.”

“I’m ready.” Uzzi’el gave Pasha a last kiss and stood up.

Pasha wanted to throw himself at Uzzi’el, hold onto his leg and never let go, but he was damned if he was going to look that weak in front of Gabri’el.

“I’ve left guards,” Gabri’el said to Uzzi’el. “Your human pet and his family will be safe.”

Uzzi’el glared at him, then strode out of the door and was gone.

Pasha sat immobile until he heard the front door slam then threw himself onto the bed and sobbed hysterically until he felt arms around him. He knew it wasn’t Uzzi’el, the arms were to slender, too soft and the smell was all wrong. It was Anna. She held him until he calmed and lay, gasping, knowing that some of the distress that tore at his heart wasn’t his own. It was comforting to know Uzzi’el was hurting as much as he was.

Somehow, Pasha made it through the rest of the day. The angelic guards were unobtrusive although he occasionally caught a glimpse of a shadow in the garden or heard the swish of feathers outside the window.

“Do you think they’re going to want dinner?” Anna asked

Pasha shrugged. “Don’t know.”

“Try to cheer up, darling. You know he loves you and he’ll be back as soon as he can.”

“I know but—” His stomach lurched as someone knocked the front door. He almost pushed Anna out of the way to answer it.

The man who stood on the doorstep was unfamiliar, but Pasha was instantly rooted to the spot in absolute terror.

“You must be Pasha. I thought you’d be bigger.”

“Who…who are you?”

“You might have heard of me. My name is Micha’el.”

Pasha gasped and took a step back. He froze as Micha’el’s hand touched his arm, then the world spun around him and went black.

Check out my other flashes at nephylim-author.blogspot.co.uk
Copyright © 2013 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Curious, so now it looks like Pasha is a pawn, and what's all the fuss about

anyway? These angels aren't very subtle creatures. Will Pasha wake up in

heaven or hell?

Link to comment

Hello Nephy my old friend, I've come to read with you again. Sorry, Simon and Garfunkle got stuck in my head. So at least we know there is something in my head. I am not as Zombieproof as we thought. We just have to find hippy Zombies that want to eat Simon and Garfunkle. I think one of them has gone bald. Is that like already peeled shrimp for Zombies? Ok, I am going to be serious now and write a review.

This is what I was thinking last night. I had to agree with Stephen who said Pasha was a pawn. It seems that he is. Now that all these heavy hitters are literally dropping out of the skies, what is going to happen to the poor supposedly weak human? I say supposedly because I think at the last minute we are going to have a ta-da moment bigger than "You are NOT the father." on the Maury show. I think Pasha is going to turn out to have bigger wings( haha, thinly veiled balls joke) than the Angels. People forget that will is often stronger than skills. The little guy does sometimes get to overcome. I don't know though. I still want to know what all the fighting is about. Are we having a fight like the Rolling Stones? " Hey, You, get off of my cloud" teritorial fight or are we fighting because one realm wants to take over the other and be boss of everyone else. Hmmm. In time, all shall be revealed~ Obi Wan. Cripes. I am going to go somewhere with all the cheese I left in here and make some damn nachos or something.

Anyways, I loved it. You know that. And the book was fricken AWESOME. I reviewed it on Amazon so that everyone will know that you guys rocked it. smile.png

Tootles.

Link to comment
On 11/21/2012 06:54 PM, SoullessCynner said:
No! Poor Pasha!

 

Oh wait. What am I saying? :huh: Bring on the torture! devilsmiley.gif

 

Loving this story so far. Can't wait for more. :D

Hehe, what can I say. I wonder if Micha'el knows that Pasha and Uzzy share feelings. Wouldn't it be terrible if he did coz then he could torture Pasha and Uzzy would feel it. Damn. That would be terrible. Let's just hope he doesn't find out ;)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/21/2012 07:48 PM, Stephen said:
Curious, so now it looks like Pasha is a pawn, and what's all the fuss about

anyway? These angels aren't very subtle creatures. Will Pasha wake up in

heaven or hell?

Whoever suggested that Angels are subtle???? Pasha was never intended to be a pawn but it certainly seems that this is what he is now. Question is... did Micha'el overpower Gabri'el's guards or...not.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/22/2012 04:29 AM, Carrie76 said:
Hello Nephy my old friend, I've come to read with you again. Sorry, Simon and Garfunkle got stuck in my head. So at least we know there is something in my head. I am not as Zombieproof as we thought. We just have to find hippy Zombies that want to eat Simon and Garfunkle. I think one of them has gone bald. Is that like already peeled shrimp for Zombies? Ok, I am going to be serious now and write a review.

This is what I was thinking last night. I had to agree with Stephen who said Pasha was a pawn. It seems that he is. Now that all these heavy hitters are literally dropping out of the skies, what is going to happen to the poor supposedly weak human? I say supposedly because I think at the last minute we are going to have a ta-da moment bigger than "You are NOT the father." on the Maury show. I think Pasha is going to turn out to have bigger wings( haha, thinly veiled balls joke) than the Angels. People forget that will is often stronger than skills. The little guy does sometimes get to overcome. I don't know though. I still want to know what all the fighting is about. Are we having a fight like the Rolling Stones? " Hey, You, get off of my cloud" teritorial fight or are we fighting because one realm wants to take over the other and be boss of everyone else. Hmmm. In time, all shall be revealed~ Obi Wan. Cripes. I am going to go somewhere with all the cheese I left in here and make some damn nachos or something.

Anyways, I loved it. You know that. And the book was fricken AWESOME. I reviewed it on Amazon so that everyone will know that you guys rocked it. smile.png

Tootles.

Well damn girl you did it again. I'm grinning all over my face. I think it was inevitable that, at some time or another, Pasha was going to become a pawn. Micha'el will stop at nothing to win this war. He's under orders after all. Oh, and he loves it. One of his favoutite occupations is wiping out humans. As Fiero said he's already started the slaughter and one pathetic human isn't going to stand in his way. Except that he does. With Pasha in his hands he has leverage over Uzzy. Hopefully he doesn't know about the connection. At the moment he's going to have to get word to Uzzy and use Pasha as a bargaining tool. Trouble is... Gabri'el. As soon as he knows Pasha is in Micha'el's hands he's going to be chaining Uzzy to the wall...metaphorically speaking...maybe. He's not going to risk him ruining things. The war is a big deal and I think the future of humanity lies in the balance here. On the other hand, that might be exactly what Gabri'el wants... and excuse to get Uzzy out of the picture so the guys will follow HIM and not Uzzy. I mean, did he even put guards on the house, and if he did were they stopping people getting in or getting out? Hmm. I'm not actually sure of the answers but I guess I'll find out as I go along.

 

I like Simon and Garfunkel. Anyone with hair like that has to be cool... don't they. And I love that particular song. Of course I do the first line is ... Hello darkness my old friend :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm not liking this appearance of Michael...not one bit! Why do I feel like he is going to use U's boyfriend as bait, blackmail and try and lure U into a death trap. Also how did Michael make it past the guard Angels? Did he subdue them, kill them or just slip past unnoticed? Why do I have the feeling that Pasha is in for a world of hurt, maybe some torture and may be even death? Michael would have to know that U would be able to feel what Pasha does. Oh, this isn't going to be pretty.

Link to comment
On 11/26/2012 06:08 PM, CW Prince said:
I'm not liking this appearance of Michael...not one bit! Why do I feel like he is going to use U's boyfriend as bait, blackmail and try and lure U into a death trap. Also how did Michael make it past the guard Angels? Did he subdue them, kill them or just slip past unnoticed? Why do I have the feeling that Pasha is in for a world of hurt, maybe some torture and may be even death? Michael would have to know that U would be able to feel what Pasha does. Oh, this isn't going to be pretty.
Well, there is another way Micha'el might have got past the guards :) :) We'll find out soon. Thanks as always for the comment
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..