Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 1,007 Words
  • 3,855 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

In The Arms of an Angel - 28. Chapter 28 You Can't Do That To Me

Passa’el and Uzzi’el ignored the outraged cries of the sentenced angels and linked hands. Once more the rainbow coloured light poured from them and surrounded the prisoners. Soon their cries were silenced and they were lost in the maelstrom of colour.

After what seemed like a long time to those who watched, the two angles dropped hands and took a step back. All four prisoners were kneeling on the ground, their heads bowed, no longer bound. They looked – different.

Slowly Micha’el raised his head and glared at Uzzi’el, his eyes burning with anger and hatred that bordered on madness. He got to his feet and stumbled. Surprised, he looked down at himself, studying his hands as if they belonged to someone else.

“What have you done?” he growled, his voice low and threatening.

“What we said we would do. You are now human, Michael. Go learn what it’s like to be human. As your body grows old, remember what you have done and repent of your evil ways. If you can purify your heart sufficiently there may still be a place for you when your human body dies. If not, then you will turn to dust as you deserve.”

“No!” Gabri’el cried out. “Uzzy, please. Please don’t do this to me.”

“It’s done Gabriel.”

“Please, not this, not a human. I can’t stand it. I would rather die.”

“That’s in your hands now. Your life is yours to do with as you please. If you choose to take it then remember this – unless you redeem yourself your body will turn to dust and your soul will be freed to join with the universal source of life. Only if you work hard at being human and make yourself a good one, will you have a chance of regaining what you once were. Learn humility, Gabriel, or disappear forever.”

“You can’t do this to me. You can’t—.”

“As I said, we already have. Now leave. You may collect your belongings from the camp. If you wish you will be taken there and on to anywhere you please. After that you’re on your own. I’d wish you good luck if I didn’t think the words would be wasted.”

Gabriel continued to plead and curse while Michael and the other two angels remained silent. The two lesser angels appeared resigned to their fate but Michael was simmering, already plotting something. Pasha had no confidence they’d make anything of their chance, neither did he have any doubts they would find a way back eventually. But that was for another time. For now, he put his arm around Uzzi’el and they turned away.

From the droop of his shoulders, Pasha could tell Uzzy was as exhausted as he was. Ignoring the shouts and curses from behind them the two tired angels walked across the courtyard toward the low, L shaped building that was serving as headquarters for the rebel angels, who, it appeared were rebels no more.

By the time he registered the change in the tone of shouts and heard the crack of gunfire, Pasha turned just in time to catch the flat of Michael’s hand in the middle of his chest, sending him staggering back a few steps.

“Uzzy,” he cried, too late, as Michael grabbed Uzzi’el and pulled him against him with a gun jammed against his ribs.

“Get back,” Michael called and the angels who had been running towards them slowed to a standstill. “If anyone so much as twitches, I’ll splatter his guts all over the courtyard.” He jabbed the gun sharply into Uzzi’el’s ribs, making him twitch and gasp.

“Let him go.” Pasha knew full well Michael had no intention of letting Uzzi’el go, but he had to try. Uzzi’el smiled at him, his eyes alight with love. Even now.

Michael laughed. “Not a chance, little demon. Give me back my wings. Return what you took from me and I will return what I took from you.”

“I can’t.”

“Oh, I think you can.”

“Then you think wrong. We can, but I can’t.”

Michael frowned, considering. “Alright. Come closer. You can touch him but make a single false move and I’ll pull the trigger.”

Pasha moved closer and took Uzzi’el’s hand. They gazed into each other’s eyes, non verbal messaged flying between them.

“Do it.”

Passa’el and Uzzi’el nodded in unison and the rainbow began to build.

“Don’t try pulling any stunts,” Michael growled, jabbing Uzzi’el again and making him cry out.

“If you keep doing that,” Uzzi’el said calmly. “I won’t be able to concentrate to do anything.”

“Get on with it.”

Uzzi’el took a deep breath and started to glow again. The rainbow grew and grew until it was blinding, obscuring each of them from each other and everyone else. Passa’el held tight to Uzzi’el’s hand and let him lead, following him along the paths and the currents of their own personal rainbow. It didn’t take long to realise that Uzzi’el had no intention of restoring Michael.

Passa’el fed his energy into his mate as Uzzi’el carefully spun it and gathered it ready to release into Michael. He was somewhat surprised that Uzzi’el intended to destroy him but he wasn’t about to argue after what Michael had done to him, to both of us.

What happened next was so fast Passa’el couldn’t really have said in precisely what order they came.

Uzzi’el got to the point where he was ready to release the energy into Michael, effectively atomising him and sending his essence back into the universal life source. At what must have been precisely the same moment Michael realised he was being deceived and pulled the trigger. There was an enormous, but silently contained explosion of energy that literally blasted Pasha off his feet. He flew backwards and landed so hard he was winded.

Struggling for air, he managed to roll over and raise his head. Uzzi’el was on his back in the dirt about two hundred yards away, but there was no sign of Michael.

Copyright © 2013 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

B) .................. Humm, sounded like a cliffhanger to me Nephy! And how the hell did a bound up Michael get a gun afterwards?
Link to comment
On 02/20/2013 09:09 AM, Benji said:
B) .................. Humm, sounded like a cliffhanger to me Nephy! And how the hell did a bound up Michael get a gun afterwards?
Michael wasn't bound, hun. He was unbound. They all were. as for how he got the gun, I'm sure Pasha is going to be asking about that later. For the moment he's got other things on his mind.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/20/2013 01:22 PM, Stephen said:
It's wicked to tease, you know? I hope that rainbow power really works.
I know, that's why I'm a wicked tease. Rainbow power rules. i thought you would have known that. Shame there wasn't any rainbow power around when Michael shot Uzzy... or did he? ;)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/20/2013 01:38 PM, avidreadr said:
I could really learn to hate cliffhangers. A great chapter and I can't wait for the next,
I know. Cliffhangers suck don't they. Fortunately, i don't write them :)
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 02/20/2013 01:38 PM, avidreadr said:
I could really learn to hate cliffhangers. A great chapter and I can't wait for the next,
I know. Cliffhangers suck don't they. Fortunately, i don't write them :)
Link to comment

OH, wow...Neph....what are you up to here? My mind is spinning in a million directions. Where'd Michael go? Is Uzzy ok? Is Pasha ok? What kind of damaged has been caused from the build up of power and then the gun shot? Did Michael get destroyed in the process or did Uzzy's plan backfire? Just as I thought things might be settling down you send me soaring off the cliff. Great Chapter and I'll be anxiously awaiting the next one!

Link to comment
On 02/21/2013 05:10 AM, CW Prince said:
OH, wow...Neph....what are you up to here? My mind is spinning in a million directions. Where'd Michael go? Is Uzzy ok? Is Pasha ok? What kind of damaged has been caused from the build up of power and then the gun shot? Did Michael get destroyed in the process or did Uzzy's plan backfire? Just as I thought things might be settling down you send me soaring off the cliff. Great Chapter and I'll be anxiously awaiting the next one!
Thank you. Well. I'll tell you this. Someone is dead. Someone is dying and someone is about to mourn what might have been. ;)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..