Jump to content

Sands of Time Kandric Saga

There are currently no reviews.
Genres: Fantasy
Sub-genres: High/Epic Fantasy
Sands-of-Time-Feature.jpg

After surviving the destruction of their world and a harrowing flight to their capitol city and supposed safety, Xavier and his patrol find the only real way to safety was his father's desperate and deadly plan. Finding themselves in a land they were unaccustomed to and a future they can hardly believe, Xavier and his small group of friends attempt to find a way to restore their lost Kingdom and if possible, revive a long dead race of Dragons. This is the world that Kandric lives in. It is not the safe place that was envisioned!

This story will contain violence 
Copyright © 2023 Roland; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 7
  • Addictive/Pacing 6
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 4
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 6
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 4
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • P. Prologue
    • 8,245 Words
    • 942 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 6,841 Words
    • 698 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 9,925 Words
    • 566 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 8,241 Words
    • 466 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 9,170 Words
    • 477 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 10,759 Words
    • 534 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 8,711 Words
    • 432 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 7,811 Words
    • 457 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 9,551 Words
    • 429 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 9,347 Words
    • 518 Views
    • 12 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 9,561 Words
    • 428 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 8,490 Words
    • 754 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 8,768 Words
    • 619 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 8,700 Words
    • 756 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 14. Chapter 14
    • 8,441 Words
    • 1,060 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 15. Chapter 15
    • 10,011 Words
    • 783 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 16. Chapter 16
    • 12,978 Words
    • 745 Views
    • 21 Comments
  • 17. Chapter 17
    • 11,040 Words
    • 290 Views
    • 7 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

You will note that this is version 2 of Sands.

Why? Because the first version was too friendly, too soft, too fluffy bunny to be a part of Kandric's world.

So, with a lot of work and help from his beta reader and his editors, we have a version that is better suited for a group of battle-worn kids who have been flung from the frying pan into the fire.

We hope you enjoy this collaboration into The World of Kandric.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Hey all,

We just wanted to post a little note explaining the publishing schedule we have come up with.  Hopefully, you are all following both new Kandric World stories, 'Beyond the Crags', and 'Sands of Time'.  Over the past couple of weeks, several chapters of each story have been posted, however, we decided to make a set schedule so that the readers can anticipate when new chapters are posted.  

'Beyond the Crags' chapter 3 was just posted today.  Next Monday, chapter 4 will be posted, bringing it to the same number of chapters posted as 'Sands of Time'.  The following Monday we will post chapter 5 of 'Sands'.  We will then alternate the posting of new chapters every Monday.  

We truly hope you are enjoying both stories so far, and look forward to hearing what you think about future chapters.  We would like to extend a large thank you to those of you who are reading, reacting, and/or commenting on the chapters.  Your feedback is an author's lifeblood. 

Thank you again.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

has the Kendric universe been abandoned? i have not seen any new chapters since sands of time chapter 9 in april 2022 , chapter 14 beyond the crags jan 2022, kendric, chapter 34 dec 2021

Edited by rdale
  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Awesome--you have seen a draft of the next chapter of Kandric

You are making me and other fans of Kyle very happy

Thank you for the update.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Al Norris said:

Not a real draft. A mere single scene.

But that is hope, yes?

 

For anyone else it would be two to three chapters worth.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Yes, there is hope--Our distinguished author writes on a grand scale with a layered drama covering many beings not normal for most authors. 9000 words might be three standard chapters for a regular writer.

Maybe Kyle will not write another record setting book length chapter. I bet 2-4 scenes would make a compelling chapter. Kandric has to meet the King and get his brothers back from Frexla. These could be two of possible  great topics for the next chapter--just saying....  Of course, I want Kandric to meet Xavier, the great sand dragon.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, akascrubber said:

Of course, I want Kandric to meet Xavier, the great sand dragon.

But does Xavier? I mean he kills dragons.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

I somehow think Xavier and Kandric can find common ground. Xavier and his crew kill dragons, too. Kandic already knows the rumor that beings--including dragons- from Seandra escaped before the fall. Both are shamans. Xavier can help Kandric fight Frexla in the spirit world. 

 

Maybe, Thane would be a good negotiator to help Kandric understand Xavier can be a friend.

Edited by akascrubber
  • Like 3
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, akascrubber said:

Of course, I want Kandric to meet Xavier, the great sand dragon.

35 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

But does Xavier? I mean he kills dragons.

I wonder how much rumor gets around? Xavier, being a great dragon, might be a bit upset about hearing some Halfelf killed a great Green, a Great Black, and a Great White...

Of course, we don't know if the time period that Xavier is in is the same as Kandric. Is it before, during, or after Kandric has his killing spree?

  • Fingers Crossed 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..