Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 700 Words
  • 1,688 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stranded With a Vampire - 1. Chapter 1

p style="text-align:center;"> spacer.png

"I'm the fucking king of the world!" Caden laughed into the night while standing on the bow of his father’s yacht with a bottle of expensive whiskey in one hand and a Cuban cigar in the other. It was his day. Finally, he had turned twenty-one and was allowed to have full access to his trust fund. The redhead had waited for this day for so long and had already planned exactly what he was going to do with the millions of dollars that were finally his.

I'm going to live like a king! And nobody can stop me! Not even mom and dad with their constant nagging. He thought and lifted the whiskey bottle to his lips when, suddenly, he heard the sound of breaking glass.

"I said don't break anything! Fuck! Whoever did this I'm gonna throw you overboard!" The redhead angrily yelled in the direction of his partying friends, knowing full well that they had probably not heard him, considering how loud music was and that everyone was already high on something.

Even though he knew he wouldn't really be in trouble if something broke or hell even if the yacht sunk, he still was pissed that they didn't listen to what he had told them.

With an annoyed grumble, he took one last drag from the cigar before flicking it into the water. He looked up at the clear night sky one last time and then turned around on the railing in order to climb down.

Caden had just lifted one foot off the thin metal bar when, all of a sudden, a strong wave hit the boat, rocking it from side to side. Panicked, the redhead thrashed his arms around in an attempt to keep his balance. But when another wave hit the boat just a second later, he fell backwards.

With a loud splash, he landed in the dark waters below. Disoriented the redhead thrashed around, swallowing a bunch of salty water in the process. He looked all around himself, unsure of where the surface was. Then he spotted the light of the boat below him. He turned around and swam back up as fast as he could. Once he had reached the surface, he coughed up the water he had swallowed and forced air down into his lungs.

"HELP! HELP!" He screamed as loud as he could while fighting against the waves that were splashing against him seemingly from all sides. But to his horror, none of his friends heard him so the boat just moved further and further away from him with every passing second.

"No, come back!" Caden screamed and pulled all his strength together to swim after the boat. He tried and tried but it was no use. The boat was just way faster than him and with the clothes he was wearing and the coldness of the water, it was already hard enough for him to keep himself afloat. "Please come back!" He desperately begged, while the yacht slowly disappeared into the night.

With his only chance for survival gone, it finally dawned on Caden that he was most likely going to die. Helplessly he tried to drift on his back, between the waves that were trying to pull him into an early grave.

"Please… I don't want to die." The redhead cried, his burning tears mixing with cold water around him.

:::::

The seagull swooped down from the sky and landed on the white sand near the lifeless body, hoping to have found an easy meal. But when it started picking on the sunburned skin of the redhead, the young man seemed to have come back to life.

Caden coughed up the salt water he had swallowed and exhausted, rolled over onto his back, staring up at the clear blue sky. For a moment he thought he had died and gone to paradise, but then the seagull next to him screamed at him, angry that her breakfast wasn't as dead as she had thought. Caden slowly sat up, every inch of his body aching in pain, and looked around.

"Fuuuuck!" He groaned, finally realizing that he was very much alive and very much stranded.

Thirdly: I can't tell you how privileged I was to read this as Luna was working on it. This is yet another complete tale that will be posted on a 3 day schedule until the end.
Copyright © 2023 LunaM., Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 10
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..