Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 933 Words
  • 1,195 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stranded With a Vampire - 7. Chapter 7

"What in God's name is he doing?" Ludwig mumbled to himself, watching from the thicket how the red-haired human attempted to light a fire with a strange looking metal object. Apparently he had spent all day tying sticks together, so they would form crosses and creating very badly improvised spears.

Does he really think some pointy sticks and crooked crosses would be able to harm me? He thought and shook his head in amusement. It was maybe true that he was nowhere near his full strength and abilities, courtesy of having to survive off of animal blood for a very long time, but that didn't mean he would let himself be murdered by this foolish young man.

"Maybe I should just drain him. It would be quite merciful, considering how inept he seems at survival and also would save me a lot of trouble." The vampire mused while continuing to watch the human struggle with lighting a fire. But then he reminded himself that if he did so he would have no more proper food, at least until another human got washed up on his island, and who knew how long that would take. The blood of the animal on the island was maybe good enough to keep him alive but it paled in comparison to that of humans.

He carefully weighed the pros and cons of killing him when, suddenly, the redhead screamed in pain and the scent of fresh blood filled the air. Without even thinking, Ludwig walked closer, lured by the sweet smell that he had been missing for such a long time.

"Do you require help with this?" The dark-haired man asked, almost giving Caden a heart attack. His eyes darted back and forth between the makeshift crosses he had put all around his camp and the vampire that was standing just a few feet from him.

"So crosses don't work, huh?" The redhead questioned and slowly reached for the spear that was laying next to him, while not leaving Ludwig out of his sight for even a second.
He had just picked up his weapon from the sand when the blue eyed man chuckled and said, "No, they don't. And that toothpick won't do anything either."

Caden angrily clenched his fist around the stick he had worked so hard on to sharpen into a spear with his small pocket knife that he’d luckily found in his pants pocket when he fell off his yacht. He wasn't entirely sure if the bloodsucker was lying to him or not, but considering the vampire's nonchalant behavior and the fact he didn’t seem worried at all that he might get impaled, Caden leaned more towards him telling the truth. Frustrated, he sighed and put down his weapon.

"Great, so I'm basically out of options to kill you." He grumbled and sat down on the white sand, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Well, besides sunlight. After all, you don't seem to sparkle in it."

"Sparkle?" Ludwig questioned, not understanding how anybody could even get the idea that one of his kind would sparkle. To his disbelief, the human actually nodded and explained that it was a pop cultural thing. The dark-haired man didn't know what pop meant but he was quite certain that he didn't like it, considering it apparently turned his people into some sort of sparkly nonsense.

"That sounds ridiculous."

"I know, right?! I mean a certain immunity to some degree or, hell, even a magical stone that protects vampires from burning in the sun would make sense, but sparkling like a drag queen at a pride parade?! That takes away everything that makes vampire's actually interesting, sexy, and… uhm…" Caden rambled, only realizing that he was kinda still in life danger when the vampire sat down next to him and smiled at him in a way that showed his fangs slightly.

Caden scooted away from the vampire, who could rip out his throat at any second, feeling terribly embarrassed that he had basically just called him sexy. Well he is pretty hot, but… The redhead thought, glancing at the ridiculously handsome man beside him.

"Are you going to kill me?" He asked, while trying not to shiver in fear of what that guy could actually do to him.

Ludwig shook his head. "In all honesty, I did think about it." He casually admitted and then quickly added, "But, long-term, it makes more sense to keep you alive and healthy. So, if you require something, I'm willing to assist you."

Caden repeated the words over and over again in his head when he finally realized what the bloodsucker was implying. "What the fuck, dude?! I'm not your goddamn livestock! You aren't getting a single drop of blood from me!" He screamed and jumped to his feet. The redhead was about to let out a very colorful lecture onto the asshole when he reminded him of a quite simple fact.

"I don't need your permission to drink from you. I'm merely offering this out of politeness."

He hated to admit it, but the guy was right. He’d only been lucky the last time they fought, and if even the slightest bit of vampire lore was true, then he definitely was at a huge disadvantage against the blue-eyed bastard. "Okay, fine… BUT, if you get my blood, I want something in return!"

"Is helping you survive this island and not killing you myself, not already enough?"

"Hell no. That shit benefits us both. I want something that's only for ME!"

"Fine, and what would that be?"

Copyright © 2023 LunaM., Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 11
  • Haha 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Finally, they are almost at an honest equilibrium.

Caden decides not to go for the quick kill and then have to subsist barely on animal blood, Caden realizes he cannot kill Ludwig with a spear or ward him off with crosses, Caden has to accept he will be foodstock for Ludwig, no matter how disgusting it will be. 

But by being food for Ludwig, Caden wants something. What is it?

I can suggest three options that Caden might want from Ludwig-----

help building a home near the beach so he will not have to live in a cold cave--and always be subject to be sucked since it is perpetually dark in the cave

companionship being taught living skills and having an open discussion about each other so Caden can better know Ludwig--he knows he will be lonely--if just related to when his blood was needed -- he might well crave companionship and some control over his life even if limited by the power Ludwig has over him

some sort of sexual relationship--since Caden is very gay and could be very frustrated if he has to just  jack off for relief--They do have cultural differences and Ludwig seems to not understand his gay references and may not want a gay relationship even if it were possible

Caden --you have your best leverage right now, speak clearly and honestly to Ludwid, please, Hold nothing back!

 

 

Edited by scrubber6620
  • Love 5
Link to comment

As mentioned by others, it is a fairly honest fireside chat.  I do wonder at what Caden will demand.  I think he is too spoiled to ask for the more practical options suggested.  He always seems to be focused on his own pleasure.  Maybe the house.  Sex would be a possibility also, but it wouldn't fit Caden's something for myself statement.  After all, Ludwig would also benefit from sex.  Some good laughs in the dialogue about current culture.  How long has Ludwig been stranded on the island?

  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, raven1 said:

How long has Ludwig been stranded on the island?

It will be reviled later in the story so.... 🤐

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..