Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 442 Words
  • 1,215 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stranded With a Vampire - 5. Chapter 5

"Uhm…okay? But then why the hell are you staring at me like that?" Caden asked, slightly creeped out by the other man's expressions but he just shrugged and said that he enjoyed watching him eat.

That's fucking weird, but I guess if he has been on the island for a while, it's kinda understandable. Caden rationalized and stuffed another piece of meat into his mouth. While chewing his roasted bird, the redhead imagined how he would fare if he were all on his own for weeks or, hell, even months. I would probably lose my goddamn mind.

The memory of last night's encounter with the undead monster suddenly flooded his mind, making him almost choke on his food. It seemed so unreal and yet he just couldn't deny what he had seen. A rotting corpse, with glowing purple eyes and rags that looked like it had crawled out of its grave just moments before.

Caden knew that it sounded insane but he still couldn't suppress the urge to ask his new company about it. "By the way, when you picked me up from where I had blacked out, did you see something weird… like a zombie or something?" The redhead hesitantly questioned, halfway expecting the other man to laugh at him for even asking something so outlandish.

But to his surprise the blue eyed man didn’t laugh at all, he actually just seemed somewhat confused by the question. "A Zombie?"

"I know it sounds weird but I kinda think there was one. I mean it definitely looked like it."

"What did it look like?" The dark-haired man asked, seemingly still very confused about what Caden was even talking about. Slightly frustrated, the redhead rolled his eyes and tried to explain what he meant, "Like a Zombie! You know those undead, brain-eating monsters?! Do you know what I mean?"

At first, he only got a blank stare from the blue eyed man but then he slowly nodded.

"Yes I do, but for your information, I don't eat brains. That's disgusting."

Now it was Caden's turn to be confused about what the other guy was talking about. He studied the beautiful face of the man across the campfire, hoping that he could figure out if it all was just a joke, but he just couldn't. With how blank his expression was and how deadpan he had said it, Caden was at a loss.

"Well I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about that hideous, undead thing I saw last night." He awkwardly laughed and admitted that he had been even more terrified when it ran after him.

"That was me."

Copyright © 2023 LunaM., Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 11
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 hours ago, scrubber6620 said:

Caden has to grow to be a helper--either willingly or by compulsion-- and this could be a new role for him.

Everything is new for Caden. If he gets out of this alive, he'll be tougher than his rich peers. 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..