Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 565 Words
  • 1,272 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stranded With a Vampire - 3. Chapter 3

"Who are you?" The redhead questioned the thing, but once again it just repeated his words back to him, with his horrible croaking voice.

From what Caden could see in the dim moonlight, it appeared to be a human but there was still something off about it. Maybe it was those purple eyes that shined like a cat's or the metallic voice that sounded like it came from a broken speaker but, either way, the redhead knew he had to keep his guard up.

He slowly rose to his feet, not leaving the thing out of his sight for even a second.

"Listen dude, I don't want any trouble." He tried to reassure the stranger as he slowly got closer.

"I kinda got washed up on the shore today and, well, I'm not really the survival kinda guy. So, if you could help me stay alive till we get rescued, I would really appreciate that." Caden explained and then added with a smug grin that he was even willing to pay the stranger a lot of money once they got off the island. By the time he was done talking he was almost close enough to make out the other person’s features properly.

That's definitely a guy. Caden thought while looking at the other person's figure. To his annoyance, he even had to admit that the guy was at least a head taller than himself.

"What do you say? Do we have a deal?" The redhead asked, forcing himself to smile and hold out his hand. The other person slowly tilted his head from side to side, almost as if he was thinking about it and then stepped forward, into the moonlight.

Caden’s eyes widened in horror and he barely could keep himself from screaming. He had already had the feeling something was going on with the guy but now that he finally could see him much more clearly, he knew exactly what it was.

That's a Zombie! He thought, a wave of dread washing over him, making him tremble. Even though it sounded insane, there was no doubt in Caden’s mind what that thing was. The stranger's grayish skin, sunken features, bloodshot eyes and the tattered rags, were all just way too much like how undead, brain-eating zombies always were portrayed.

Frozen in shock, Caden just stood there and stared at the monster in front of him. Even when the thing slowly reached out for him and its cold hand brushed against his own, he still couldn't move. Only when the bird he had tried to hunt screeched behind him, he abruptly managed to come back to his senses.

Without missing a beat he turned on his heel and started to run as if the devil himself was after him.

The redhead dashed through the forest, dodging low hanging branches and thorny shrubbery left, right and center. Scared out of his mind, Caden quickly looked over his shoulder to see if it was following him, when he suddenly felt the ground beneath his feet give away. Before he could even realize what was happening he had tumbled down a deep slope and hit his head on a large rock.

The last thing he saw before blacking out was the creature slowly climbing down the steep decline, its eyes burning with an intense hunger and its sharp teeth glistening in the silvery moonlight.

Copyright © 2023 LunaM., Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 10
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It is interesting that the vampire is so ravaged that he appears to look like a zombie to Caden.  I like and agree with the comments made by  @scrubber6620.  They will both need each other to survive being stranded on the island.  In addition to scrubber's questions, I would add a few.  Where in the world are they?  How and why is the vampire on the island?  Why was Caden on the ship, and where was he going?  This is a really good start to set up the story, Thirdly.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
15 hours ago, raven1 said:

 This is a really good start to set up the story, Thirdly.

Oh this one was written by Luna, I only helped with edits and suggestions. They are on an island in the Pacific Ocean. And Caden was just celebrating his birthday. I imagine they were going to a popular, fancy resort somewhere.

Edited by Thirdly
  • Love 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

The Vamp must really be hungry , A Whiskey Marinated Ginger ? 😂🤣😳

Those are the best 😏😉

  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

The Vamp must really be hungry , A Whiskey Marinated Ginger ? 😂🤣😳

Great Idea!  I'll take Michael Fassbender with Black Label Johnny Walker, please.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..