Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 781 Words
  • 711 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stranded With a Vampire - 15. Chapter 15

"You are an idiot." Caden commented once Ludwig had finished telling him the story of how he had become a vampire.

Baffled, the dark-haired man just stared at his companion. He had expected the redhead to maybe be scared or infuriated, after hearing his darkest, most shameful sin but instead Caden just sneered and insulted him. "W-what?" He stammered, still unable to comprehend why the human was behaving like that.

"Oh, come on, dude, you can't really believe that God cursed you to be a vampire, just because you fucked another guy?!" Caden laughed, amused that apparently the vampire genuinely thought that his vampirism was a result of God's wrath. Just the idea of the Big-Guy above turning gay people into vamps, was so outlandish to him, that he could help himself but laugh about it.

The redhead's laughter and mocking infuriated Ludwig. "The Lord didn't curse me, he punished me for my unnatural behavior and lustfulness!" He loudly corrected the human, but all his yelling did was make the redhead laugh even more, to the point where he was rolling on the ground and gasping for air.

Ludwig’s anger was about to boil over when the redhead sat up again, looked at him with a look of pity in his eyes and sighed. "Okay, first of all, being gay isn't 'unnatural' it's just what it is. And, secondly, if God really did shit like that, earth would be sooo fucked, because there would be millions of gay vampire's running around, sucking on people's necks." Caden tried to explain, but the vampire still seemed unconvinced.

The blue-eyed vampire shook his head, even though his companions' words made sense, he still couldn't believe it. After all, if it hadn't been God's will, then whose will was it? Who had he enraged to the point where they wished eternal suffering upon him?

No matter how long Ludwig thought about it, he just couldn't figure it out. In his opinion he had always been a just and merciful man, who had tried his best to be a good Christian. The only time he had gone against the Lord's rules was when he had laid with another man, so how could it not be the reason for his predicament?

"Is it really so important why you are a vampire? It doesn't really change who you are." Caden questioned, when he saw how much his company was struggling with the new realization. He meant to cheer up the vampire by telling him that it didn't really matter but it seemingly had quite the opposite effect, because just seconds after the words had left his mouth, blood red streams of tears started running down the pale cheeks of the vampire.
Shit! Was it wrong to say that?! Fuck, what do I do?! The redhead panicked, and yet didn't do anything because he was too worried he might mess it up even more.

Ludwig slowly turned his head towards Caden, only then realizing that he was crying. Quickly the vampire whipped the blood off his own face and tried to compose himself again, afraid that his sign of weakness may impact the image the human had of him. He wanted to be strong and resilient. But, now faced with the realization that what he had believed in for a thousand years was possibly nothing more than him coming to the wrong conclusion, he felt himself crumbling to pieces. Sure, the redhead was right about it not changing who he was at face value, but it still mattered. In fact it mattered a lot to him, because without a reason behind it all, there was no point in his existence and counting to suffer through his eternal life. After all, the only reason Ludwig had never given up and forced himself to not lose himself in the pleasure of blood and flesh was because he had hoped that, one day, God may forgive him and grant him a place in heaven.

If God isn't angry with me and isn't the one who punished me, then I can never gain his forgiveness…I can't redeem myself! There is no redemption for me, I will never be free of this curse! Ludwig thought, his thoughts spiraling out of control and his body shaking from the earthquake that was rippling through his brain.

"I need some time to think." The dark-haired vampire breathlessly mumbled and got up.

"About what?! Hey, wait! When will you be back?" Caden yelled after him. But, he received no reaction from the vampire, who quickly disappeared into the pitch black thicket of the forest. "Fine! I can totally take care of myself! You will see!"

Copyright © 2023 LunaM., Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 15
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Caden's lack of knowledge, understanding and empathy has once again created a desperate situation when he rattled off his mouth without filter.  He has left Ludwig without hope for redemption.  For someone born 1000 years ago, that is a devastating concept and one that could easily lead Ludwig to "face the light" in order to end his loss of hope.  Caden needed a better thought out explanation of the ideas today and explain that first before totally destroying what Ludwig's ideas and hopes.  

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..