Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 584 Words
  • 1,458 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stranded With a Vampire - 4. Chapter 4

"Chicken?" Caden groaned, still half asleep, when the sweet smell of roasted chicken tingled his nose. Dazed, he slowly turned his head to where the smell was coming from, flinching when he noticed a stinging pain on the left side of his neck. Confused, the redhead reached up to feel what was causing the issue, when a voice drew his attention away from the pain.

"Are you hungry?" The stranger sitting across from him, asked, his angelic face illuminated by the campfire that was burning between them. His slight accent the man had while speaking was none Caden had ever heard and, considering he had been to almost all countries, that really meant something.

"What happened?" The redhead croaked, his throat dry like the desert, and sat up.

"You hit your head." The dark haired man nonchalantly explained, got up and came over to his side. Only when Caden’s eyes followed the stranger's movement did he notice that they weren't outside, but instead in a cave.

Does he live here? The redhead questioned and looked around the dimly lit cavern. On one end of the large room he could see the entrance, where the sunshine was barely able to break through a waterfall, and on the other end he saw two dark tunnels, leading even further into the mountain.

No wonder it's freezing cold in here, without the fire it would probably be unbearable. But still I guess it's not the worst place to set up camp, even if it's far from cozy. Hell it would probably not even get one star. Caden lamented, when all of a sudden a bowl was pressed against his lips. Confused, he looked up at the stranger.

"It's just water. Drink it."

With slight hesitation Caden did as told. He hadn't even noticed how thirsty he really was until the cold water hit the back of his throat. Greedily he drank it all and then asked for even more but the dark-haired man just shook his head and said, "Eat first, then you can get yourself more."

"What? Why can't you get me more?!"

"I'm not your servant." The taller man coldly stated and for a second Caden could have sworn that his eyes were glowing but when he blinked, the others' eyes seemed completely normal once again. Well as normal as eyes the color of the night sky were.

Caden tried to protest but the stranger shook his head once again and then, without another word, grabbed the small bird that was roasting on a stick beside the fire and gave it to Caden. The redhead huffed in annoyance, not used to having people refuse his demands, but still grumpily started to eat his meal. He was on his third bite when he realized that the bird was a similar size to the one he had tried to hunt before. Was it the same one? If so, then this guy had robbed him of his vengeance on the stupid bird!

He was halfway done devouring the skinny bird when he noticed the stranger watching his every move. At first, Caden tried to ignore it, but when the man didn't stop, he just had enough.

"Dude, I'm not sharing! If you want some, catch another one! You are clearly capable enough." He angrily yelled, his mouth still half full with food.

The stranger's eyes slowly wandered from Caden’s face to his neck, while he said, with a strange smile, that he already had his dinner.

Copyright © 2023 LunaM., Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 9
  • Haha 12
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

13 hours ago, scrubber6620 said:

He must not have read fantasy books or seen supernatural movies.

Oh, he has. He's just not grasping that the man before him and the "zombie" are one and the same just yet.

  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

You have created an interesting foundation in the setting and plot on which to build the story.  At this point, however, neither character is well enough developed to judge whether I like or dislike them.  At this point the only things we see of them are not very positive.  Looking forward to future developments.  Good start!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, raven1 said:

At this point the only things we see of them are not very positive.  

Yes, exactly. These two are not exactly the most humble and charitable characters out there. But, there is more to both beneath the surface.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 4/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, chris191070 said:

Caden has enough to survive on, for now.

But Will Our Arrogant Little Prod Survive , Vampire Has A Happy Meal Now the lost boys vampire GIF🧛‍♂️

  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..