Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 1,354 Words
  • 1,987 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Neko's Tail - 30. A Sick Faro

Artemis purred as he nestled into the crook of Iason’s arm.

“That was amazing,” he murmured, looking up at the white tiger.

“Mmm, I’ve missed this,” Iason agreed. “I’m guessing your companions have not been sating your urges.”

His fingers trailed under Artemis’ tail, and the smaller tiger squirmed away.

“Elias tried once, but I think I scared him away. And Reinard… Well, I assume you know about Faro.”

“What you need is a good strong tigress to see to your needs,” Iason smirked.

“No thanks. She would leave me wanting in more ways than one.”

Artemis sat up, checking the time on his bracelet.

“Shouldn’t they be back by now?” he questioned.

“Probably. But let’s take advantage of their absence a little longer. We both know we have a week of this tops before we have to return to our hands.”

Artemis pushed the white tiger’s hands away, standing.

“No, they should be back,” he frowned, dressing quickly.

An alarm blared through the ship as he opened the door and Artemis flinched.

“Relax. That’s just the portal alert. We should be on our way to Oyhaf soon,” Iason said as the alarm died away.

The neighboring door opened, Elias’ head poking through warily, and Artemis beamed.

“There you are,” he said, turning toward the neko.

Elias frowned, staring at the Egaro.

“Are you okay kitten? Why didn’t you come back to the room?”

“You were busy…”

“Oh. Wait… you saw? I’m sorry about that Elias. I thought you realized I…”

Artemis stopped, seeing the look in the neko’s eyes. It wasn’t one of anger, more of quiet wonder.

“Look, you need to get back in the cabin,” Geiro said, grabbing Elias’ arm as he stepped out of the cabin.

The neko wrenched his arm away from the Faro, scowling as he returned to the other cabin.

“Ah, Captain Artemis. I take it the heat has passed for now?”

“What heat? I’m still cooling off from my last one,” the tiger said.

Iason wrapped his arms around Artemis from behind.

“Aw, you mean that was all me?” the white Egaro grinned.

“Lieutenant Iason, we will be discussing your actions once this is all over. Your job was to protect Artemis, not sleep with him.”

“I kept him safe in my arms…” Iason grumbled.

Artemis pulled away.

“Excuse me,” he said, passing Geiro.

He found Elias sitting on the bed next to Reinard. The fox was curled up, his eyes closed.

“Hey, you two. Sorry about that,” the tiger mumbled.

Reinard’s eyes opened, looking a little glassy. He frowned, then lurched out of bed, aiming for the bathroom.

Sounds of vomit hitting the toilet followed and both Artemis and Elias lunged for the bathroom.

“Reinard?!”

The fox rest his head against the bowl, breathing hard. Geiro pushed his way into the room, kneeling beside the sick Faro as Reinard retched again.

Geiro held Reinard’s ears back, making gentle soothing sounds as the Faro threw up again.

“It’s okay,” he whispered. “We’ll get you to the med bay when you’re done.”

A sob escaped Reinard’s lips, and his head spun, finding Elias. The Faro lunged for the neko, wrapping his arms around the cat.

“Don’t leave me…” he shuddered.

 

Geiro stepped through the med bay door, calling a Xanar toward the group.

“We have a Faro vomiting,” he said quickly, pointing to Reinard, who still held Elias’ hand.

The Xanar nodded, their white necklace dangling freely.

“Cadet, can you sit on this bed for me? We would like to save our pods for those who really need them.”

Reinard looked at Elias, tightening his grip on the neko. He nearly dragged Elias to the bed, making Elias stoop as he sat.

“We need you to let go,” the Xanar said calmly. “Your friend will be right here, okay?”

Reinard growled quietly. He was not letting Elias go. He needed to protect the neko, and he couldn’t do that if Elias was across the room.

“You are possessive of your friend,” the Xanar noted.

Reinard snorted. Duh. Why wouldn’t he be? Elias was his lover, his bonded.

“Okay, we can try to work around him, for now. Cadet, can you tell me your name?”

“Reinard Artego.”

Simple, easy. Was this all necessary for a little vomit?

“Good. Now, can you tell me what happened?”

Reinard frowned.

“I… I was resting with Elias and an alarm went off.”

“The portal alarm,” the Xanar nodded.

“Elias stood up and ran from the room, and I started feeling sick.”

“Just suddenly? Or was it more gradual?”

“I guess my stomach hasn’t been feeling so good for an hour or so…”

“Do you have any other symptoms?”

The Faro shook his head and the Xanar frowned.

“Okay, I need you to remove your shirt,” they said. “Have you had anything to eat in the last day?”

Reinard shrugged, trying to remove his shirt one-handed. He felt Elias tug at the hem of his shirt, trying to help the fox as much as he could, but the shirt was not coming off without Reinard releasing Elias. And he was not prepared to do that.

“Reinard, if I may,” Geiro said quietly. “Do you have a Bonded?”

Reinard nodded.

“Elias,” he said, holding up their hands.

“Interesting. I had not heard of an interspecies bonding before,” the Xanar said.

“They are nonexistent as far as I know. We have not been in the galactic scene long enough for my people to search other species for Bonds,” Geiro informed them.

“So you have bonded with Cadet Elias? When was the first time you completed your bond?”

Reinard frowned.

“It was after Artemis woke from the med pod. Maybe three, four days ago?”

The Xanar smiled suddenly, hurrying to a computer. They began typing, searching, until with a satisfied sigh, they stepped away from the screen. Picking up a strange white rod, they returned to the Faro.

The Xanar waved the rod across Reinard’s stomach, returning it to the computer. After a moment, they turned back to the group.

“I have some good news,” they beamed. “Cadet, you’re fine. In fact, you’re pregnant with a pair of kites.”

 

Elias stared blankly at the Xanar. Reinard pregnant? But he was a male…

“How?”

It slipped out without him even realizing it. Instantly the neko’s ears folded and he curled into himself, trying to escape the room full of eyes.

Iason chuckled.

“He talks,” he grinned.

Reinard let out a long breath, looking at Elias. He rest his head on the neko’s shoulder.

“I didn’t think… You are sure?” he asked.

“Positive. I am surprised actually. They seem to have developed a little fast, even for Faro kites,” the Xanar said. “I am unfamiliar with Cadet Elias’ species, but he might have something to do with their increased development. I think you’re looking at a quick pregnancy.”

It still made no sense. How was Reinard pregnant?

A horrifying thought entered Elias’ mind. He had gotten Reinard pregnant. What were they going to do to him? He didn’t know it could even happen, but that was no excuse. It had only happened once before in Astara, but he had been severely punished for it, and forced to abandon the neko baby to the cold harsh winter. Elias didn’t think he could go through that again.

“Elias?” Artemis said, placing a heavy hand on the neko’s free shoulder.

Elias flinched at the contact, knocking Reinard off his other shoulder. He pulled himself out of the Faro’s grasp, eliciting a yelp from the fox.

Backing toward the door, he froze as his back connected with a solid mass. Iason stood behind him, blocking his escape. There was no way out, no way to escape the punishment that was surely coming.

“Elias, are you okay?”

Artemis knelt beside the neko, holding Elias’ shoulders.

“Look at me. Breathe. Everything is okay.”

Everything was okay. Artemis wasn’t his owner, he was nice. He wouldn’t kill a child.

Elias buried his face in Artemis’ shoulder, tears staining the tiger’s shirt. Artemis gently held the neko, rubbing his back reassuringly.

“You’re going to be a father kitten…”

Some good news at last. Will Elias be a good father? And what is up between Artemis and Iason? Is there a flame there, or was it all a one night stand?
Copyright © 2019 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 14
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow what a chapter. So Reinard is pregnant and Elias is the father, an interesting development. I think there’s a spark developing between Artemis and Iason.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Terror at a pregnancy because it equates with punishment and death. Elias'  past continues to haunt him. His baby was killed when this happened before. Elias has survived so much and some we undoubtedly still don't know.

at first I thought Reinard might have been poisoned.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Just now, drpaladin said:

Terror at a pregnancy because it equates with punishment and death. Elias'  past continues to haunt him. His baby was killed when this happened before. Elias has survived so much and some we undoubtedly still don't know.

at first I thought Reinard might have been poisoned.

Thankfully it wasn't poison, but something much better.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Yeoldebard said:

Thankfully it wasn't poison, but something much better.

The bigger ship is about to get crowded.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Now I am really curious about the pregnancy stats - how long does it usually take for a Faro and how long for a neko? 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..