OMG, I did it...

Adrian Michaels

So a few of you may remember back in the confessions thread when I said that I was still in love with my best friend, and had been for years....

I told him tonight. We both kind of hit an emotional moment, and it all came pouring out. Very ChickFlicky. Anyway, that point is that he WASNT freaked out by it. Of course, nothing is really going to come out of it either. He's after somone else (A boy surprisingly, which confirms the whole orientation issue)

We've got the sort of friendship where we can say anything without fear of rejection... And I feel really lucky for that.

The highlight of the event?? When he told me that he wished he felt the same way, so I wouldn't have to go through the pain anymore. Yeah, cue the waterworks there...

Now, I'm emotionally drained, so I'm going to bed. But I just thought you all should know

-AM

So a few of you may remember back in the confessions thread when I said that I was still in love with my best friend, and had been for years....

I told him tonight. We both kind of hit an emotional moment, and it all came pouring out. Very ChickFlicky. Anyway, that point is that he WASNT freaked out by it. Of course, nothing is really going to come out of it either. He's after somone else (A boy surprisingly, which confirms the whole orientation issue)

We've got the sort of friendship where we can say anything without fear of rejection... And I feel really lucky for that.

The highlight of the event?? When he told me that he wished he felt the same way, so I wouldn't have to go through the pain anymore. Yeah, cue the waterworks there...

Now, I'm emotionally drained, so I'm going to bed. But I just thought you all should know

-AM

:hug:

I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest! And it's great that he was really empathetic to your situation. I like that he was supportive without leading you on. He sounds like a great friend. I know it still kinda sucks now, but it'll get better. Doesn't feel any better to read that, I know, but sometimes you still have to hear it.

Sorry it didn't work pal.

Sometimes when you are stuck in such a situation, it leaves you in a sort of limbo and you can't move on.

Now you can. :)

Aw, guys, you're too nice.

Yeah, so besides having really weird dreams about him last night, I'm feeling pretty good. He's supposed to come over later and we're gonna talk about the stuff that's going on with him. Should be a fun time.

I'm glad everything is out in the open, and I don't feel like I have to avoid him anymore, which is good.

Reminds me of a time post dinosaur when my best friend and I were camped in a beachside tent: "Ron?" "Yeah?" "I...I..." The words refused to leave my mouth. After some seconds he said, "Yeah, I know...you love me." :blink:

:) that is great and being honest liek that will bring you closer together and you can move on adn who is to say that he won't return your feelings one day? may just be that right now he doesn't. Either way i hope you two remain close and stay honest :) well done for telling him.

Mark

Never say never.... that's my motto.

I went though something like that, funny part was, when I finally said it was over, and i had to move on, that's when they started to look towards my directions. Never told them though that I had moved on, I just sort of forced it.... had help too... but anyway, you never now what tomorrow is going to bring. Heck you might actually hook up in the end.

I agree... that whole scene does sound like it came right from the climax of your average chick flick, LOL!

Anyways good for you! I, for one, will never tell either of my best friends about me... mostly because they are both homophobic. I think one might be more receptive to it than the other, but I am painfully aware that she loves me as more than a friend, so I'd rather not break her heart again (some military asshole already did once).

That said, I am happy for you, and I hope that you can now use this newfound closeness with him to move on to another target (and I mean that in a good way, lol).

Yay!! I'm so happy for you Adrian!! :hug:

That does sound like a major turning point in your friendship! If you can have that level of openness and disclosure there's a really good chance the friendship is destined to be very long-term :2thumbs:

I wish you the best and I'm proud of you!! :D

I agree... that whole scene does sound like it came right from the climax of your average chick flick, LOL!

Yes, it does...probably why I tend to like "chick flicks"

Aw Wow, so many replies to this, you guys are great.

Yeah, I guess maybe the worst part about it is that he's not straight. If he was, it would be so much easier to at least try and get over him. AND we're going to be going to the same college next year, so that'll be interesting.

But I met up with him again today, twice actually. Good times. Maybe this chick flick will have a happy ending.

As for the "Hooking up in the end" as jamessavik put it... That's not even important to me. In fact, quite far from my mind.

As for the "Hooking up in the end" as jamessavik put it... That's not even important to me. In fact, quite far from my mind.

Don't blame me, that was Bard. 0:):devil:

I am sure that you will hook up with some nice, sweet hottie far in advance of the end. :2thumbs:

One day, you'll write a story about your relationship. All the best.

Conner

ACTUALLY, Liam and Aden are based physically off of the two of us. (With some added physique of course...)

Its pretty much what I would WANT to happen. Without, you know, fighting the forces of evil. Which would probably get kinda old.

But hey, if I got magic out of it, I might consider the job.

That was really brave of your part. I had through that too but never mustered the courage to tell him my feelings. But I'm over it now! And I'm sure a long-lasting friendship lies ahead of you both.

Take care,

Ieshwar

• 2 weeks later...

Man you have Balls!!!(with a capital B as u can see it)

before even knowing that your best friend was indeed gay, you came out to him!! That takes a lot of guts! Kudos to you, dude!

If i were in your situation, i would never have been able to muster up the courage to tell my best friend that i'm bi, let alone tell him that i'm in love with him. There is this one guy i like a lot, but i can't tell him b'cause i don't know how he'll react. plus i don't know if he's gay/bi or not. Living in a country full of prejudices has instilled this fear in me.

I congratulate you once again on your courage. I really do hope that things work out between the two of you...eventually...lol..

Cheers!!

hot_bsk

Oh, thanks again guys.

Yeah. At the moment, I'm working on getting him hooked up with this other guy from our circle. I figure that all I want is for him to be happy, even if it isn't with me.

Of course, there's also a tiny part of me, the dark, twisty, evil part that's hoping it fails. That way he'll have to come running back. I'm trying to do everything I can to kill that part... It might be working.

A lot of my other friends keep telling me, "Don't date within the circle. It'll only blow things up when it ends". And part of me sees the truth it that. I know so many friends that it's happened to. But still, I have this hope.

I guess maybe I just need someone new in my life to knock me off this crush.... we'll see I guess.

I agree with everyone else, that was really very brave of you. My friend use to have a really big crush on her best friend, they were really close, and you could tell that there was a chemistry. She wasn't brave enough to tell him about her feelings untill he came out as gay and she knew nothing could come of it. I suppose a lot of people get into these kind of situations, but only the few brave people actually come out and tell their friends.

Whats even braver is that you came out as gay at the same time.

I admire you, i really do.