Pulling faces

Do you pull funny faces in the bathroom mirror? I've been doing it since I was a kid (which provides a teensy clue as to my maturation process). My first job was in a government office where pulling silly faces was considered undignified, so, at lunchtime, I sometimes visited a passport photo booth and pulled silly faces at the camera. Back in the office I showed them around and got quite a few laughs. I wonder what a shrink would say about that kinda behavior. :wacko:

Edited by GaryKelly
That is...mildly bizarre. Well, the thing at the passport photo booth was. I have never really felt the inclination to make faces in the bathroom mirror, but I suppose it is as good a pastime as any in the bathroom.

Ah, but now that I planted a seed, we'll see how long you can resist giving it a whirl hehe.

Once upon a time, I drew a face on me boyfriends behind. We took it into a photobooth and took three pics of his adorned backside.

One we slipped into the annual under the name: Harry Cheeks.

The second, we attached to Harry Cheek's application for enrollment to Ole Miss.

The third replaced our principals face on a big picture of the student body in the schools entry hall.

Hmm... I've been known to make some weird faces while putting on my make-up.. lol. I've been trying to stop myself though. :*)

Krista

Hmm... I've been known to make some weird faces while putting on my make-up.. lol. I've been trying to stop myself though. :*)

Krista

Does that really count? I mean, I challenge anyone to put on eyeshadow and foundation without making some funny faces in the process

Does that really count? I mean, I challenge anyone to put on eyeshadow and foundation without making some funny faces in the process

Lol... I don't know. I just know that people have made fun of me over the faces I make while applying make-up. So I guess I could be making some interesting faces. I don't think they are that bad though. You're also right... it's difficult not to make a face when you're putting on Mascara or foundation. :)

Krista

Do you pull funny faces in the bathroom mirror? I've been doing it since I was a kid (which provides a teensy clue as to my maturation process). My first job was in a government office where pulling silly faces was considered undignified, so, at lunchtime, I sometimes visited a passport photo booth and pulled silly faces at the camera. Back in the office I showed them around and got quite a few laughs. I wonder what a shrink would say about that kinda behavior. :wacko:

Thank goodness the post really did turn out to be about "pulling faces". When I read the title, and subtitle (secrets of the bathroom). I had my fears that the word "faces" was misspelled.

LOL, I would laugh at the concept of putting on eyeshadow and foundation...then I realised I've done it (well not eyeshadow, eyeliner when I was going for an enhancement to my punky/goth look) and still occassionally use a bit of concealor/skin toner.

My experience with shaving though is that it definitely encourages some funny faces; I've often stopped and giggled at myself. Undoubtedly as a child I did purposely make funny faces in the mirror...well probably much more recently than that. But I'm the sort of person for whom such an event wouldn't leave a lasting impression, so I can't recall exactly.

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin

That is...mildly bizarre. Well, the thing at the passport photo booth was. I have never really felt the inclination to make faces in the bathroom mirror, but I suppose it is as good a pastime as any in the bathroom.

This has nothing to do with anything, but the guy in your avatar is so hot! He's a french actor, right?

This has nothing to do with anything, but the guy in your avatar is so hot! He's a french actor, right?

Well it's not completely off-topic since we're discussing faces 0:)

I just thought it was Menzo himself, and I've been thinking for the past several days "WOW! He's HOT!"

• Site Administrator

I make funny faces often, but not in front of a mirror. I do it when playing with the boys. My youngest loves it, though my eldest now seems to think it's too childish....

I just thought it was Menzo himself, and I've been thinking for the past several days "WOW! He's HOT!"

Same here. Though maybe I thought "Wow! He's very cute!"

And I do pull faces in the mirror once in a while; not often enough, since it's a symptom of me being in a good mood.

I almost never use the mirror. I use it only to inspect my acne and to shave. In those cases, I am never looking at my entire face and I'm turning my head at different angles for better perspectives... never really making a face other then pulling down my upper lip to get the mustache hairs that are almost inside my nose...

I agree that Menzoberranzen's avatar is incredibly cute/hot. :P

I don
The guy in my avatar is Gaspard Ulliel, and yes is he a French actor. He is also insanely cute.

I didn't recognize him, the only movie I saw him in was A Very Long Engagement (movie worth being watched, though a bit disappointing compared to the novel it's adapted from), in which he's a bit older I'd say than in your avatar pic. And yes he's insanely cute.

All the gossip blogs tell about his girlfriend. :thumbdown:

Menzoberranzen's avatar is incredibly cute/hot. :P

Yeah, he's really cute and hot. I thought it was Jean-Baptiste Maunier, the one who had played in 'Le Choral'. :blink: I watched the film and it was good.

Hope that it wasn't off-topic. I mean, can hot guys be an off-topic in a gay forum? 0:):lol:

Ieshwar

Yeah, he's really cute and hot. I thought it was Jean-Baptiste Maunier, the one who had played in 'Le Choral'. :blink: I watched the film and it was good.

Hope that it wasn't off-topic. I mean, can hot guys be an off-topic in a gay forum? 0:):lol:

Ieshwar

No, it's Gaspard Ulliel. He was in 'A Very Long Engagement' and 'Hannibal Rising'

Once upon a time, I drew a face on me boyfriends behind. We took it into a photobooth and took three pics of his adorned backside.

The second, we attached to Harry Cheek's application for enrollment to Ole Miss.

The third replaced our principals face on a big picture of the student body in the schools entry hall.

James... you... just... wow. :D You're my favorite.

:worship::worship::worship: LMAO This just made me crack up laughing.

And no i don't pull faces in the mirror as i tend to avoid mirrors at all costs and when i can't avoid i don't look for long but each to their own lol

Mark

I often pull faces in the mirror, i think it maybe a sign of insanity, but i want to explore everything i can do with my face, imagine living your entire life without realising that you could see all the way up your nose, the very top of your gums and the red on th inside of your eye just using your thumbs, fore-fingers and pinkies. I think its about time others did the same, whats the point in having a face if you don't use it to its full extent??

I often pull faces in the mirror, i think it maybe a sign of insanity, but i want to explore everything i can do with my face, imagine living your entire life without realising that you could see all the way up your nose, the very top of your gums and the red on th inside of your eye just using your thumbs, fore-fingers and pinkies. I think its about time others did the same, whats the point in having a face if you don't use it to its full extent??

While I definitely agree with your reasoning, I do feel compelled to warn that you shouldn't pull your eye lids down (or rub your eyes), since the skin there is extremely thin and very prone to loosing it's elasticity. In other words do it too much and you'll get bags under your eyes when you're older ;)

LOL, if you're cool with that or willing to take the risk though, then go for it! :P

Take care all and have an awesome day :)

Kevin

Hmm, maybe i wont play with my eyes any more, i knew that they were sensitive, (i gathered from all the "avoid the sensitive eye area" on skin-care bottles), but i didn't know that contorting your eyes into different shapes could be so troubling, in future, i will simply draw some heyes on paper, and stick them to my face.

Hmm..after further thought, i would then not be able to see the faces i was pulling, hmm tricky...very tricky