I turn 25 in 12 days...

Thirdeye

and I don't like it. I feel so old and feel like the years from 18-25 have gone way way to fast. It really sucks!

Lol... calm down... you're only as young as you feel. :P

And really.. you're only going to be 25. You've got more than a few good years left in you I'm sure. :)

Krista

• Site Administrator

Do you expect sympathy? :P

I remember my 25th birthday -- I was on vacation and sitting at a table by myself because all the other people who were supposed to be sitting with me never showed up.... At least you have a boyfriend :)

25 is not old. It's easier when you get to 30 -- that seems old now, but once you get there you realise it's just another year.

Just enjoy life and you'll be fine. :)

:hug:

I have a birthday this week. I don't know how old I'll be; I can't find my calculator. :(

At some point you either can't remember or it just doesn't matter. Or you are so old and confused, you wonder what the bother is and take a nap.

The thing is I just feel way to inmature to be 25. I'm not a grown up, I laugh at the samethings I did when I was 13, the only difference is I know I shouldn't be laughing....that only makes me laugh harder.

Edited by Thirdeye

At least you have a boyfriend :)

Yeah but he turned 25 on June 29th, which means i'm in love with an old man :P

He hates that hes older, even if its only about a month. I get pleasure out of reminding him

• Site Administrator
Yeah but he turned 25 on June 29th, which means i'm in love with an old man :P

He hates that hes older, even if its only about a month. I get pleasure out of reminding him

And I missed it! Wish Jacob a belated Happy Birthday from me, please :)

The thing is I just feel way to inmature to be 25. I'm not a grown up, I laugh at the samethings I did when I was 13, the only difference is I know I shouldn't be laughing....that only makes me laugh harder.

Erm... Frankie, one definition of old is when you stop laughing at fart jokes and become one.

I don't care how old you get my friend, all I ask is that you stay golden.

My best regards to you and Jacob on your birthdays.

James

I totally empathize with you, dude. I'm completely freaked out about getting older, and it's definitely the fact that it seems to be happening so fast rather than just the number.

I think I've come up with a plan for beating it though...I'm going to start lying about my age :P

The plan is to age one year for every two! That way by the time I'm 47 I'll only be 35!

Seriously though, I get so irritated when people ask me my age. Although I've always been that way, if anything it was worse when I was in my teens/preteens. Anyway, since my perspective on this still hasn't changed, I'm pretty sure it's just outright rude. So I figure if people are going to be nosy, pushy, and rude, I won't feel bad about lying to them.

I would of course be honest with people who might have a right to know, but presumably these people would understand and accept my feelings and not contradict whatever age I'm presenting.

Good luck and take care :)

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Oh grow up.

Hehe, I had to do it :lol:

You only need to start worrying about your age when it comes time to start acting it. That time is usually when you punch 40, but even then the jury is still out.

I think your car insurance rates start going down when you turn 25. :great:

That's probably the only benefit. :lol:

It does, but that makes things worst. When you're a kid you have ages to look forward to things, 13 you become a teen, 16 you can drive, 18 you're an adult, 21 you can drink. I now realize all thats left is the seniors discount :wacko:

Edited by Thirdeye

It does, but that makes things worst. When you're a kid you have ages to look forward to things, 13 you become a teen, 17 you can drive, 18 you're an adult, 21 you can drink, 19 you can buy cigarettes I now realize all thats left is the seniors discount :wacko:

Corrected and added.

New Jersey sucks.

I've never seen such trajedy all in one thread. :lol:

Are any of you pups going bald?

Do you take Centrum?

Can you leave home without your Pepto Bismol?

Does your plumbing work well? Know any good proctologists?

Btw, you can say "Uncle Conner" anytime you want. If you don't, I'll start in on prostate issues. :D

Cry me a river!

Uncle Conner

Don't think you guys should mourn so much. I mean, you may be 25 or 45, but your heart should remain 18!

Enjoy life as long as there's breath in it. Never let the flame of youth extinguish. It's the secret of eternal youth, isn't it, Uncle Conner?

Ieshwar

I love what my granddad said in his reply to the email I sent him for his 68th birthday:

Don't worry about the stuff you can't control, like how old you are or aren't.

There's more than enough stuff you can control to keep you worrying every waking moment of the rest of your life.

He also has another great line I love:

It's all part of sliding down the razor blade of life.

:lol::great:

Colin B)

Take it in your stride man!!! Don't think that you have a year less to live...think that you lived a year more!! Enjoy every bit of your life---be it 5, 15 or 25. It is you that matters and not your age. Be yourself...laugh as much as you want and don't care if people think you have gone funny in the head...That's their job....It's in their nature to do this. But it is up to us to ignore them and live our lives the way we want to....

Happy Birthday in advance....

The BeaStKid

I don't feel eighteen... I feel thirteen. What's sad is that most kids that are thirteen are as tall as I am, too. -_- I just don't feel like an adult at all yet. Maybe at some point that'll change. Until then I'm just gonna fake it.

I've never seen such trajedy all in one thread. :lol:

Are any of you pups going bald?

Btw, you can say "Uncle Conner" anytime you want. If you don't, I'll start in on prostate issues. :D

Cry me a river!

Uncle Conner

And if this doesn't work, you can call Grandpa Old Bob :lol:

As Graeme said :

25 is not old. It's easier when you get to 30 -- that seems old now, but once you get there you realise it's just another year.Just enjoy life and you'll be fine.

Age is like an onion, each year a layer, each year a new person covering the old one :boy: .

You have a choice : you can look gloomy back and wishing to stay in the past (as it seems you do :P ), or you can look forward, wishing to discover new feelings in the future (as I did since my birth 78 years ago :rolleyes: )

One thing is sure : you will never forget the different layers of your "onion". Thats the best thing in life, everything remains in your memory, and you can live it again ! And more : your memory is much better for the good moments than for the bad ones (and even these become good ! :2thumbs: )

Believe me, there is no reason to feel "old". Even if your body tells you so, your brain denies it B) .

I now realize all thats left is the seniors discount :wacko:

But 10% off is 10% off! You only have 30 years to wait for that!

oh, here's another way to look at turning 25...You'll be a quarter of a century old B)

But 10% off is 10% off! You only have 30 years to wait for that!

oh, here's another way to look at turning 25...You'll be a quarter of a century old B)

It's 15% at my store.

BTW, most places give the discount to people who are 65+, so he has 40 years to wait. At my store, it's 62.