Happy Thanksgiving Day

wildone

• Site Administrator

To all my fellow Canadians out there

Happy Thanksgiving

Enjoy the day and make sure that you give your thanks for all the great things in our lives. Including the great community we have here a GA.

Steve :D

Happy Thanksgiving to all you lucky people! We don't get to celebrate untill the last Thusrsday on November here in the USA. Do you have a turkey feast in Canada? (That is the tradition here.)

• Site Administrator
Happy Thanksgiving to all you lucky people! We don't get to celebrate untill the last Thusrsday on November here in the USA. Do you have a turkey feast in Canada? (That is the tradition here.)

Yes we do. It is basically the same as the US holiday of a feast to thank for the harvest. Since we are a bit more Northern, our harvest is a bit earlier.

The only differnece is that it doesn't kick off the Christmas shopping season :D .

Oh, and Thank You Ieshwar B)

Steve

Being an American living in Canada, it seems to me that the holiday is treated more like just an excuse for a day off from work, not that I'm complaining about that! :P I definitely doesn't seem to be the huge family get together event like it is in the States. Of course that is probably due to the fact it is on a Monday instead of the kick-off of a 4 day weekend like the US. There isn't the time available for travelling.

I hope everyone here in the Great soon to be White North enjoyed the day.

You're right on with your observation, Tony. Thanksgiving here is no where near the shindig it is in the US.

It's October's holiday. :P

Families do celebrate it but it's just low key....like everything else Canadian. :lol:

Conner

• 1 year later...
  • Site Administrator

Well my house is slowly filling up with smoke as I cook my turkey in a little over an hour (don't ask, or I'll be forced to tell. But it does work really well :P ).

So wanted to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians out there. Hopefully you all have some time off and able to celebrate everything that we have to be thankful for.

Enjoy!!

Steve B)

Happy thanksgiving y'all!!!! I missed my family gathering, I was the only one away from home :(

Oh well.

Oh.......I'd like to thank the Academy, oh wait, wrong speech....apparantly I'd like to thank Ieshwar :? :P

Greg :)

Happy thanksgiving y'all!!!! I missed my family gathering, I was the only one away from home :(

Oh well.

Oh.......I'd like to thank the Academy, oh wait, wrong speech....apparantly I'd like to thank Ieshwar :? :P

Greg :)

B) .........Sorry you missed the home front, maybe next year! Happy Thanksgiving Mrk!!

Yep, Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Canucks. Hope you all enjoyed the Monday off of work as much as I did.

@TonyM, I think it varies, how much people celebrate Thanksgiving here. You're right in that it doesn't seem to be the hoopla that it is in the States, for most people. But it really depends on the family. Mine, for instance, never really celebrates it at all; we're generally holidayed-out by this point, thanks to the string of Jewish holidays that fall around this time of year. But I have friends whose families do the whole Turkey, family and football thing. And then there are those who take the opportunity for a weekend out of town while the weather's still nice. So, yeah, it varies.

However you celebrated, hope you enjoyed it! And don't forget to vote tomorrow!

Edited by Cynical Romantic

Yep, Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Canucks. Hope you all enjoyed the Monday off of work as much as I did.

@TonyM, I think it varies, how much people celebrate Thanksgiving here. You're right in that it doesn't seem to be the hoopla that it is in the States, for most people. But it really depends on the family. Mine, for instance, never really celebrates it at all; we're generally holidayed-out by this point, thanks to the string of Jewish holidays that fall around this time of year. But I have friends whose families do the whole Turkey, family and football thing. And then there are those who take the opportunity for a weekend out of town while the weather's still

However you celebrated, hope you enjoyed it! And don't forget to vote tomorrow!

B) ...........And a happy Yom Kipper to you also!

• Site Administrator
Hmmmm...Thanksgiving holiday....a day before the Canadian election. Is there some irony here? :blink::P

Conner

Good point!!

We got turkey today and we get another turkey tomorrow :lol:

To me it's just a day off.

It seems no one really celebrate it here in this province compared to the hypes I heard from people living in other provinces.

I just slept all morning and then went to the caf

Edited by Jack Frost