Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play Chapter 30

Well, not everybody is a health freak ... and especially rock bands / singers don't really seem to care too much. Sex, Drugs and Rock'n'Roll .... i have seen (and played with) quite some singers (or other band members) that have been drinking (or worse....) before, on stage, and after a gig. I think its rather realistic that "the boys" get out of control once in a while :P

I think getting the power somewhere in the motor area was/is a good idea. I would probably have gone for the battery connectors directly, if they are accessible (but you might have to open the hood to get there). And it is definitely a good place to hide the device itself. If you want to be sure to have a good signal quality for the GPS, an external antenna placed somewhere where it is as less covered as possible, like behind/in the radiator grill... or somewhere at the bumper, would do a good job. The antennas are usually rather small, and easy to hide/hard to spot. Of course that would require a bit more planning... but you can get an antenna for a GPS easily (at least here you can get them in many shops...).

I never thought of an external antenna, that's a great idea! I'll file it away for future stories. The external antenna could be hidden inside a bumper; so many are plastic or composite these days, and that's radio-freq transparent. Thanks! :)

Ah, yes. We have discussed this many times. I believe Joe even attempted one time to properly put it in the context that it was intended.

But, our Goat decided to put it back again. Hence the quote at the bottom of my posts, which CJ posted before my post.

Since I am Canadian, and since CJ believes I'm like a unicorn by being nothing more than fictional, this means the only statement made in his favour of his mantra was made by a fictional person, not a real person :P .

Well I'm off to my fictional kitchen, to make some fictional dinner, and might then read some fiction :D .

Steve B)

PS, also you notice the only other person to come to his defense is Sacha, whom also is a Canadian. Need I say more. LOL

I hope you enjoyed your fictional dinner? 0:)

Sacha just knows a cliffhanger when he sees one, and more importantly knows when he doesn't see one, and observes accordingly. :2thumbs:

BTW, if I was disposed to using cliffhangers, there could have been a good one at the end of chapter 30 if I'd parsed the chapter breakpoints a little differently. Say, end the chapter just as Jerry is thinking of killing the guys? :2hands:

But, of course, I didn't do that. See? I always avoid cliffhangers! 0:)

BTW, speaking of Jerry... this is the first time we've seen him kill. Well, sort of. He did kill the first guy he tried to get Kryton switches from, but we didn't see the murder itself.

Did anyone notice any differences between Jerry, when killing, and Dimitri, when Dimitri did the "employee termination" thing?

:)

Do you think Eric will pay a visit to Jerry's Toowoomba facility?

BTW, the title of Chapter 31 is "Problems and Solutions"

CJ :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice any differences between Jerry, when killing, and Dimitri, when Dimitri did the "employee termination" thing?

:)

Dimitri's employee termination was a deliberate, planned thing. He did the deed in a secluded place where there were not likely to be any witnesses and he disposed of the body immediately.

Jerry's garroting of Adam was a spur of the moment thing. While it was not planned, Jerry was prepared to act and carried a silent weapon, not just a gun. His planning came after the deed -- how to deal with the body (both immediately and long term) and what to do about any possible witnesses.

I would say that the two different situations permitted more premeditation in one case but required more passionate action in the other.

Is there a prize? B)

• Site Moderator

That was risky. Someone could have walked up to the trailer and looked in at that moment. And that could have been the guy's since they were under the trailer at that moment.

Dimitri's employee termination was a deliberate, planned thing. He did the deed in a secluded place where there were not likely to be any witnesses and he disposed of the body immediately.

Jerry's garroting of Adam was a spur of the moment thing. While it was not planned, Jerry was prepared to act and carried a silent weapon, not just a gun. His planning came after the deed -- how to deal with the body (both immediately and long term) and what to do about any possible witnesses.

I would say that the two different situations permitted more premeditation in one case but required more passionate action in the other.

Is there a prize? B)

Very good! :2thumbs:

That's a large part of it. Jerry's actions were brought about by circumstance. Dimitri's less so. Dimitri, though, took pleasure in looking into the eyes of his victim as he died.

Jerry has shown himself, more than once now, to be quite willing to kill when the perceived need arises (such as any threat to his plans).

That was risky. Someone could have walked up to the trailer and looked in at that moment. And that could have been the guy's since they were under the trailer at that moment.

It was very risky indeed. However, he was trying to protect his devices, and Adam's intent to examine them had to be stopped somehow. I won't say what they are yet, but the clues are there and Dimitri and Jerry each have their strengths and weaknesses. :)

• Site Administrator
That's a large part of it. Jerry's actions were brought about by circumstance. Dimitri's less so. Dimitri, though, took pleasure in looking into the eyes of his victim as he died.

So your telling us that Dimitri was disappointed when he couldn't see the eyes of all of his victims on the Russian passenger plane that he just happened to put explosives on?

I'm beginning to not like Dimitri :angry:

Edited by wildone
So your telling us that Dimitri was disappointed when he couldn't see the eyes of all of his victims on the Russian passenger plane that he just happened to put explosives on?

I'm beginning to not like Dimitri :angry:

I think he meant that when Dmitri killed that guy, he liked to see him in the eyes... Scar never got that chance...

So. Scar was cheated somehow? How sad.

yeah..the poor guy...he never got to plan the murder... :hug:

I feel now compassion for Scar. He is not nice. He takes joy in killing innocent people. I hope he gets what's coming to him. :2hands:

Oh, there's lots more than one...

Here's what I'd like to do to Scar:

machine-gun.gif

This one is even better. rocketlauncher.gif Not even The Scar can survive that. :D

Edited by TL The Writing Tiger

I wonder if the Scar or Dimitri is going to experience backstabbg2.gif instead of Vlad?

Helen might well resemble gripepv7.gif when she hears about the boys' latest escapade from Barbara ...

Or maybe her reaction will be more like picardlo0.gif.

Oh well, we're all looking forward to the next concert! bandid1.gif

companioncubeia5.gif

:blink:

It's getting to be that this thread is no place for a pacifist!

It was very risky indeed. However, he was trying to protect his devices, and Adam's intent to examine them had to be stopped somehow. I won't say what they are yet, but the clues are there and Dimitri and Jerry each have their strengths and weaknesses. :)

It would appear that Dimitri enjoys killing more whereas The Scar is more apt to see it as a last resort and more of a means to an end than as a delightful recreational pastime.

Really, depending on circumstances, each of those outlooks could add up to pros or cons for each individual.

Very good! :2thumbs:

Jerry has shown himself, more than once now, to be quite willing to kill when the perceived need arises (such as any threat to his plans).

I won't say what they are yet, but the clues are there and Dimitri and Jerry each have their strengths and weaknesses. :)

Exact, the way I see it, Jerry/Scar is more a business man in what he does. He does the killing cause they gotta happen. not just for the fun of it. Dimitri is much more like a mercenary in the way he does business.

In this instinct that's why I don't think that dimitri will get killed or double crossed by Jerry at the end.

btw, I see that there have been some fun (slash stupid posting) going on in here as I off my puter :P LOL

Edited by FrenchCanadian

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..