[dkstories] Rich Boy - Growing Pains

The basic idea of the 'history' in this chapter was mine, but Trebs really helped me flesh it out and make it a lot better. We talked about it while in bed one night, getting ready to go to sleep. He'd just read the draft chapter and we talked about it for quite a while actually before I went back and rewrote the chapter. :)

The history bit is fascinating. Mankind will never change it seems - always greed and lust for power - destroying everything to eventually gain nothing.

I liked the bit about cycles! . As a race we seem destined to continually try to destroy everything around us in the quest for power and wealth .. then rebuild - start again...

Will you be fleshing out more of Michael's family's role in the history of mage Magic?

I woke up early this morning for a drink of water - saw the chapter up and was wide awake!

Many many thanks for an excellent story!! ( I love everthing you've written that I have found so far! )

Mike M

:D

I remember reading old posts in this forum where Trebs would say that even he didn't have access to your draft chapters. I take this to mean that you two are doing well! ^_^

So, I'm confused about the lack of help by the Light Adepts... Didn't Worthington say that he felt compelled by the Gray power-source-whatever to help these government folks? Why don't the Light Adepts feel the same way?

I've always seen the Light Adepts as being particularly insular, and far more snobbish than Worthington. They might do something, but they aren't going to work with a fallen Light Mage and a former Dark Mage in order to do it (at least right now).

I've always seen the Light Adepts as being particularly insular, and far more snobbish than Worthington. They might do something, but they aren't going to work with a fallen Light Mage and a former Dark Mage in order to do it (at least right now).

Snobbish, indeed! Too bad Worthington can't make another deal w/ the Light to make the Light Adepts feel compelled to help (like Worthington was with the trailerpark and the camp).

That was an interesting chapter. I'm really not liking the government goons. <_< Just as they do in real life, they seem to want to stick there noses in stuff that isn't their business. I venture to say that Dark Mages consider themselves above the law, whereas the Gray Mages and Light Mages seem more willing to make concessions.

Once again DK brought us to a negotiation table with representative of an US Government, as he did in a lot of other stories :lol: . Its amazing how Dan is able to "transfer" the actual real fightings of the political life of today in episodes of a"fairy tale".

It tried to translate : the dark mages could be the republicans, the light mages could be the democrats, the Demons could be the terrorists, the Dwarves the hispanics... and so on (???). The only ones I can't find in the real life are the gray mages and the elves.Perhaps is my imagination not foolish enough to follow Dan's one ?

Fine chapter as usual, and thanks for keeping your agenda as promised.

I'd missed the mid-week chapter AND the latest chapter. I only read it yesterday. I like how the story is going. There is only one thing which struck me hard though. Call me idealistic, but I don't want the Government mage department completely shut down. I mean they didn't know about normal mage society, and to suddenly be told that whatever they have poured their heart and soul (i.e. the department) is no longer needed just because the mage community knows about gifted children being born outside known mage families is a bit too much. Or maybe I'm wallowing in the angst too much. Been doing that recently xD