Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 39

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) ........If anyone can develop "characters" it's the goat! The way the story started out from two different directions crossed over leaving one theme in its wake and converged again. I'm not sure if Scar has the starring role of the story or not, It was supposed to be Brandons take.

I think Brandon is the one real hero in the story thus far.

I'm going to go out on a limb here....

I predict that the next chapter is going to end with either Brandon or Chase being shot :o !!!!

Surely not. I'm looking for one of the band members to be a hero...perhaps Brandon again.

I'm going to go out on a limb here....

I predict that the next chapter is going to end with either Brandon or Chase being shot :o !!!!

It could be, but I don't see any of them get shot and die from it. If they do get shot, it would be only injured.

It would be even more ironic if it would come from a friendly fire :P

Edited by FrenchCanadian
It could be, but I don't see any of them get shot and die from it. If they do get shot, it would be only injured.

It would be even more ironic if it would come from a friendly fire :P

B) .............Like Eric accidentally getting some buckshot in the rear!! :P From Helen no less!!!!!! :P:P

Edited by Benji
B) .............Like Eric accidentally getting some buckshot in the rear!! :P From Helen no less!!!!!! :P:P

If Helen does that to my beloved Eric I'll have to write myself into the story and seek revenge on that bitch. I never did like her.

machine-gun.gif

If Helen does that to my beloved Eric I'll have to write myself into the story and seek revenge on that bitch. I never did like her.machine-gun.gifSCAR

B) .........Now, now...after all that Eric did to Helen?? The band would be in shambles if she didn't insert some control. And Eric :whistle: well he did seem to be a bit overboard, especially after some Tequila. I may have thought her to be "overbearing" at times, but it would be somewhat ironic if Helen accidentally buggered Eric with some buckshot. :P

shotgunsmiley_2.gif

Perhaps in your neck of the woods it is pronounced differently, but the only difference in pronunciation to me is the
I have no doubt the next chapter will end in some kind of cliffhanger. CJ will be kicking it up a knotch in the next chapter.

You never know... it might end with a live hand grenade flying towards Eric's head. :ph34r:

You never know... it might end with a live hand grenade flying towards Eric's head. :ph34r:

That would invite the wrath of SPiCE, and the goat knows it! He knows what happens if we get really mad because of Eric's mistreatment. :evil:

I don't know that it actually is a polarizing issue in the South. I very rarely see "y'all" in writing; have already seen it more in this forum than anywhere else. BTW, try typing both "y'all" and "ya'll" in a response in this forum and see which one is underlined as an incorrect spelling.

Well, they underline all sorts of words which aren't really incorrect. The dictionary seems very limited. For example in says:

Favour, neighbour, colour, cancelled, realise, dialogue etc. are all incorrect. Granted, these are all alternate spellings, but they ARE alternate spellings, and IMO should be recognized (and not underlined) as such.

Another good example is "transgender" (and a great deal many other such terms).

While specific examples elude me at the moment I also clearly remember it having serious trouble with various scientific, philosophical, and religious terms.

In general I don't pay a lot of mind to what the program says is or isn't correct. If I suspect I'm misspelling a word anyway I might look into it, but most of the time I just say "Nope, I'm right" and ignore it :P:boy:

The rule as I remember it is that the apostrophe takes the place of the missing letter(s) in a contraction. Therefore, the proper contraction of "you all" is "y'all". Not that we are necessarily talking about proper English. Anyone ever hear the Queen say "y'all"?
Goatboi...

It is a contraction of You All (in proper northern english), however in Texas (were real english is spoken) ya'll is a contraction of 'Ya-all'.

Example: "When I see ya, I'll let ya know."

Plural: "When I see ya'll, I'll let ya'll know."

(Ya: a term to define a particular person without using gender in the second hand, indicated and properly pronounced with a upward tilt/nod of the head also known as a 'chin nod')

So... all ya'll yankees need to get a Yankee-English dictionary!

EXACTLY!

People commonly mistake 'ya'll' as a contraction for 'you all'; it just isn't. It's a contraction for 'ya all' as Bob says.

Surely not. I'm looking for one of the band members to be a hero...perhaps Brandon again.

Actually I think Steve might very well be right!

Let's note that he didn't predict they would die merely be shot. I think there's a very good chance that either Helen, Barbra, or one of the band members will be shot before all is done. I think there's a decent chance that one will be killed, but a much better chance that at the very least he/she/they will be shot.

Well, they underline all sorts of words which aren't really incorrect. The dictionary seems very limited. For example in says:

Favour, neighbour, colour, cancelled, realise, dialogue etc. are all incorrect. Granted, these are all alternate spellings, but they ARE alternate spellings, and IMO should be recognized (and not underlined) as such.

There are an awful lot of words in the English language. Most dictionaries, printed or electronic, will omit many words that are not in most peoples' vocabularies. This is true even of those not considered abridged. Most of the alternate spellings you listed are those used by the British and are not likely to be in American dictionaries. I suppose the only significant test is whether or not your reader understands what you meant.

I don't think the military realizes, yet, how much danger the guys and Helen are in.

The military's discovery of the fact that someone deliberately tried to kill Instinct and make it appear to be an accident should give them a clue. If General Bradson is flying to Telluride, perhaps he will bring a contingent of MPs with him.

The military's discovery of the fact that someone deliberately tried to kill Instinct and make it appear to be an accident should give them a clue. If General Bradson is flying to Telluride, perhaps he will bring a contingent of MPs with him.

I hope you're right Mike. And I pray that a contingent of MPs will be enough to deal with Dimitri and Mario. :)

I hope you're right Mike. And I pray that a contingent of MPs will be enough to deal with Dimitri and Mario. :)

<_< ......All he needs is a couple of Marines, I'm sure more than one biker fits that bill.

I noticed some discussion on what The Scar is really after... I can't divulge any future details, but I can help out my mentioning a few key passages in the narration. The biggest is this one in 38:

With a shrug, The Scar replied,

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..