Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 39

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an extremely short chapter and nothing of significance seems to have happened. The one big event,

the payoff

, should have been much more dramatic or at least been given a lot more words than you gave it. What's up with that, CJ? :)

Edited by GaryInMiami

I think it is quite a good chapter, CJ. A battle is brewing and a number of things are moving forward toward the climax of the story...

the Air Force investigation, the search for Gunter, and the preparations to defend Instinct. Also, Scar's little Latin power play is well under way.

Wheels within wheels? I guess a lot of wheels are turning...some of them on Harleys.

Ready for 40.

• Site Administrator
It was an extremely short chapter and nothing of significance seems to have happened. The one big event,

the payoff

, should have been much more dramatic or at least been given a lot more words than you gave it. What's up with that, CJ? :)

You don't think a little breather was appropriate? :P

There are few things setting things up that I could see. One was the General's actions. Another was Dimitri and Mario's actions. The last was the gun practise. I don't know how long CJ will string it out for, but I believe there is a small chance of some gun fire in the upcoming chapters 0:):boy:

I think it is quite a good chapter, CJ. A battle is brewing and a number of things are moving forward toward the climax of the story...

the Air Force investigation, the search for Gunter, and the preparations to defend Instinct. Also, Scar's little Latin power play is well under way.

Wheels within wheels? I guess a lot of wheels are turning...some of them on Harleys.

Ready for 40.

I agree it was a good chapter. It was just too short. Not enough words were dedicated to any of the items you listed in the spoiler tags. That's sort of what I meant about nothing significant happening. It was all done in a rather blase manner. :)

Woot! first to notice and post! /wave

/me gives Bob a friendly tap on the shoulder. I was the first to post. ;)

PS, found a typo:

y'all? Y'ALL? C'mon... it's *ya'll*... yeash, consult a texan fer cryin' out loud.

from American Heritage Dictionary:

y'all

pron. Chiefly Southern U.S.

Variant of you-all.

No! I want some serious action. :P

Edited by GaryInMiami

Im sure next chapter will have action. Hope gunter won't be a john doe for long. Probably with the band, dimitri and mario it's going be one hell of a gun battle.

also was likes that chase and brandon have these little chats :)

Woot! first to notice and post! /wave

PS, found a typo:

y'all? Y'ALL? C'mon... it's *ya'll*... yeash, consult a texan fer cryin' out loud.

Y'all is spelled various ways:

Y'all

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Y'all, sometimes spelled as "Ya'll", "Yawl", or "Yaw", and archaically spelled "You-all", is a fused grammaticalization of the phrase "you all". It is used primarily as a plural second-person pronoun, and less often as a singular second-person pronoun. Commonly believed to have originated in the Southern United States, it is primarily associated with Southern American English, African American Vernacular English, and some dialects of the Western United States.

I usually spell it "y'all" (though I rarely write it) and I am from Tennessee. Texans who are up on their state history know that many early "Texicans" came from Tennessee (Houston, Crockett, etc.) and the vernacular is very similar. Several times when I traveled to New York, Boston or Philadelphia, locals have assumed I was from Texas or out west.

BTW, for those who don't know, many people use "y'all" as a singular pronoun (at odds with the Wikipedia entry); the plural is "all y'all".

• Site Administrator

I for one am extremely grateful for the breather after the last couple of chapters. I think if CJ had did another evil cliffhanger, or adrenalin inducing chapter I would have been spent.

I have a feeling that CJ gives out more clues in chapters like this one. They are there, we just have to find them.

Really liked the chat that Brandon and Chase in bed, it only reaffirmed their love for each others.

As far as not being a cliffhanger, in usual CJ manner, he did have to include a cliff, the one he wants to drive the guys off of. Much to same fate as poor Blackheart :P .

Great chapter CJ, I will re read it and see if there are some actual clues in it. I have a feeling that this chapter may have been the calm before the storm.

That was definitely an interesting chapter. I am definitely looking forward to the next chapter even though I am suspecting it to either be "edge of your seat" for the entire chapter or for there to be yet another deviously evil cliffhanger. :ph34r:

That was definitely an interesting chapter. I am definitely looking forward to the next chapter even though I am suspecting it to either be "edge of your seat" for the entire chapter or for there to be yet another deviously evil cliffhanger. :ph34r:

Want me to warm up the spit just in case?

Interesting. From the sounds of the first chapter it seems likely that the nukes in the US will not be going off. Scar got his money and will be now begin his takeover of Paraquay, but that does not mean that he won't use one of them if the US tries to come after him.

As for the situation with Mario and Dimitri, it seems there will be an intense battle in the next one or two chapters. Jim has them covered and the fact that some of the bikers are ex-military bodes well for the band. The problem will be how quickly they can see the threat coming. There is forty acres of property from which Dimitri and Mario can come at them from and I doubt that this small army can keep an eye on everything.

I was actually surprised to see the chapter up, but I guess time flies when you have finals and projects, and then summer "vacation" starts. I use the term vacation loosely because I'll be taking two summer classes and I'll be working. The vacation will be all of the car shows I'm going to plus a week in Key West later this summer :D

I only have a couple of miniutes (I haven't had time to post the announcment yet, lol) so I'll have to be quick...

I'd like to express my thanks to the person who PM'd me over some errors. I won't disclose his name unless he says it's ok, but my sincere thanks.

The errors are: I had Dimitri mentioning

or perhaps a fire from a propane leak or carbon dioxide poisoning from a faulty kerosene heater.

It's carbon monoxide, not carbon dioxide. Granted, Dimitri might have just been mistaken, but seeing as that mistake is not for plot reasons and is just a goof on my part, I have changed it.

Also, I had the sound of the shotgun described as a thunderous rapport. Apparently rapport does not have "bang" amongst it's synonyms, so I goofed. I tried "Report" but that too does not fit. Most likly, I just misremembered when I thought "rapport" could fit there. Hence, I have changed it to "roar". :)

Is there a word that sounds similar to "rapport" or "report" that means "boom"? or did I just totally misremember? My guess at the moment is the latter.

The chapter length was about average; 5600 words. It might seem short becuase 36, 37, and 38 were all longer. :)

As for the payoff, all we see here is them arranging to collect the money from the bank. Any actual paying can't occur until the money actually arrives. :)

This story keeps getting better and better!!! Congrats CJames on making an amzing story! It's amazing how you can combine all different aspects (from music to nuclear obliteration) into one story.

Please no cliffhangers though... I think people will agree when I say it's evil! :D

Interesting. From the sounds of the first chapter it seems likely that the nukes in the US will not be going off. Scar got his money and will be now begin his takeover of Paraquay, but that does not mean that he won't use one of them if the US tries to come after him.
As for the payoff, all we see here is them arranging to collect the money from the bank. Any actual paying can't occur until the money actually arrives. :)

Let's remember that Scar also anticipates receiving half the gold in Fort Knox. He'll probably hold onto his trump cards (the bombs hidden in the US) until he collects payment in full.

This story keeps getting better and better!!! Congrats CJames on making an amzing story! It's amazing how you can combine all different aspects (from music to nuclear obliteration) into one story.

Please no cliffhangers though... I think people will agree when I say it's evil! :D

Thanks you!!!

I enjoy varied subjects, and also learning things. For example, for this chapter, i had to learn a bit about forensics. I knew about the micro-pitting that a bomb causes, but I had to find the chemicals used in primer cord. Also, I almost made a huge plot error;

The altitude was always intended to cast doubt on the bird-strike theory, but when I came up with the plot I didn't know about the african vulture ingested into an engine at 37000 feet over West Africa. I did know the height limit for a Canada goose (9000 feet)

but the West African incident was something that, for a few moments, made me think I'd written myself into a corner. The problem was the Condor, which is native to an area close to where they were flying, and is a vulture. Only when i discovered that thunderstorms were the cuase of the West African incident did I know I was safe. (The Condor has, however, been seen at 15,000 feet.). :)

Let's remember that Scar also anticipates receiving half the gold in Fort Knox. He'll probably hold onto his trump cards (the bombs hidden in the US) until he collects payment in full.

OOps, I was thinking that Gary meant the payoff for the bikers, not The Scar. And yes, The Scar has received what essentially amounts to a small down payment. :)

And BTW, it was Mike who helped with the typos and the CO issue. Thank you Mike! :2thumbs:

I only have a couple of miniutes (I haven't had time to post the announcment yet, lol) so I'll have to be quick...

I'd like to express my thanks to the person who PM'd me over some errors. I won't disclose his name unless he says it's ok, but my sincere thanks.

The errors are: I had Dimitri mentioning

It's carbon monoxide, not carbon dioxide. Granted, Dimitri might have just been mistaken, but seeing as that mistake is not for plot reasons and is just a goof on my part, I have changed it.

Also, I had the sound of the shotgun described as a thunderous rapport. Apparently rapport does not have "bang" amongst it's synonyms, so I goofed. I tried "Report" but that too does not fit. Most likly, I just misremembered when I thought "rapport" could fit there. Hence, I have changed it to "roar". :)

Is there a word that sounds similar to "rapport" or "report" that means "boom"? or did I just totally misremember? My guess at the moment is the latter.

The chapter length was about average; 5600 words. It might seem short becuase 36, 37, and 38 were all longer. :)

Main Entry: 1re

PS, found a typo:

from American Heritage Dictionary:

y'all

pron. Chiefly Southern U.S.

Variant of you-all.

Gotta back Bob on this one. "Y'all" is just how Yankees* think we spell it ;)

Great chapter, CJ. I hadn't realized that Jim and his gang would be so integral to Instinct's safety at this point! I'm still hoping the Air Force shows up soon though! Can't wait to see what happens next! :D

Take care all,

Kevin

*in this case I mean "Yankees" to apply to anyone not from Texas, Louisiana, or Mississippi. I have no idea how those Tennessean and Georgian Yankees spell their ya'll. :boy:

There are few things setting things up that I could see. One was the General's actions. Another was Dimitri and Mario's actions. The last was the gun practise. I don't know how long CJ will string it out for, but I believe there is a small chance of some gun fire in the upcoming chapters 0:):boy:

I agree. I thought it was a great chapter with plenty of information. :worship: It does kind of make one wonder about the next chapter, however...

:/

• Site Administrator
I agree. I thought it was a great chapter with plenty of information. :worship: It does kind of make one wonder about the next chapter, however...

:/

Be afraid, be very afraid :blink: !!!

Actually that is a good point, the general himself is heading up to Telluride. I wonder what kind of entourage will be going with him as he now realizes that the guys have valuable information about the Australian detonation? So this means Dimitri and Mario could quite possibly going up against 20 bad ass bikers, some with former military experience, the guys who now all have shotguns, and the US Air Force led by a General. Oh, and don't forget the local sheriff's department which we can only hope is more competent than the Piedmont department.

Speaking of fireworks Steve, maybe the next chapter should have the same warning :P

Great chapter, CJ. I hadn't realized that Jim and his gang would be so integral to Instinct's safety at this point! I'm still hoping the Air Force shows up soon though! Can't wait to see what happens next! :D

Also, looks like Dimitri and Mario are going go be carrying a lot of firepower. though I could see Brandon flying an older type of plane to take them out, but realistically, him not knowing how to shoot in an older fighter or work some of the instruments.

I don't know kevin, Georgia is pretty southern especially Tennessee :P

Edited by Drewbie

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..