California Ban on Gay Marriage Overturned

dkstories

I proposed, the date is set for July 2nd, here in California. Invitations and registry will be up as soon as the details are worked out.

Yay! :D

My partner / "boyfriend" / OneTrueLove came into my work, brought me a bouquet of 17 roses (one for each year we've been together), and proposed to me. We're going to get our license on our actual 17th anniversary, and have our wedding ceremony and celebration next year (assuming the marriage license lasts that long...)

- dfp

My partner / "boyfriend" / OneTrueLove came into my work, brought me a bouquet of 17 roses (one for each year we've been together), and proposed to me. We're going to get our license on our actual 17th anniversary, and have our wedding ceremony and celebration next year (assuming the marriage license lasts that long...)

- dfp

B) ...........Congrats! The very best to you both!!

- dfp

That is wonderful! I'm sure you'll stay together long enough. :)

- dfp

That would be very great for you guys to get married on the day of your 'anniversary'

and as for the overturn of the ban, that is also a good news,, hopefully other states will go on the same path and soon the federal gov will also recognize those mariage

Edited by FrenchCanadian

That is wonderful! I'm sure you'll stay together long enough. :)

Oh - after 17 years already, I'm sure we'll be together long enough :D I'm just worried about the constitutional amendment proposition that will be on the november ballot. :P

Oh - after 17 years already, I'm sure we'll be together long enough :D I'm just worried about the constitutional amendment proposition that will be on the november ballot. :P

B) .............I get this feeling that it's done, and the amendment will not be passed.

It's about f**king time...

I was just thinking 'when was the last time something happened that actually made me feel like this is going to be a progressive step forward and that I don't feel let down by the government?' Can't even remember, but this is a great start...

Congratulations seems... a weird word for finally being given the right to do something that you have always deserved, should always have had, that I STILL can't believe anyone thought should be taken from anyone.

Anyway...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hugs,

Vivian :D

- dfp

Licenses have to be used within 90 days...

:o .....Your married!!!

I gave plenty of references to that (look at "proposal" thread in Q & A)

I've married for over two and half years. I did it at the city courthouse a few months after Canada legalized gay marriage nationalwide. ^^

Married at 22?!!! Though am expecting some of my friends to begin the whole engagment thing soon (and kids... :blink: ), but its still quite scary to me, reminds me I'm growing up.

I was 20. He was 19. :*)

Kids? Forget that crap. I'll worry about it when I am 30. Just because I married at 20 doesn't mean I gave up my youth and settled down.

darkfoxprime: Congrats!!! Many years for you two!

Edited by Jack Frost

<_< .......Big deal!! Wait when your kids start thinking about getting married, growing up is replaced by getting old.

Nobody should be in fear or get angry about the fact to getting old :rolleyes: . Each age has its pleasures. If you can't enjoy your kids any more because they are grown up, grand-kids are coming, than great-grand-kids and the joy is the same. And even if your body is getting old, you can remain young with your feelings, moods and hopes.

I'm the best example ! :lol:

old bob

Nobody should be in fear or get angry about the fact to getting old :rolleyes: . Each age has its pleasures. If you can't enjoy your kids any more because they are grown up, grand-kids are coming, than great-grand-kids and the joy is the same. And even if your body is getting old, you can remain young with your feelings, moods and hopes.

old bob

;) .................Of course I was jesting!! :worship: I bow to your experience!!!!

- dfp

Oh my gosh! How romantic!!!! :wub:

My very deepest and heartfelt congrats!! :D

It's about f**king time...

I was just thinking 'when was the last time something happened that actually made me feel like this is going to be a progressive step forward and that I don't feel let down by the government?' Can't even remember, but this is a great start...

Congratulations seems... a weird word for finally being given the right to do something that you have always deserved, should always have had, that I STILL can't believe anyone thought should be taken from anyone.

Well said, Viv :)

old bob

Indeed you are, Old Bob!! :D

Thats great news.

I was reading the comments on the ABC news site. Some of the comments are great because of how accepting they are, some are completely bigotted and narrow-minded while others are so hypocritical that I find them quite baffling.

However, I have to say that this was my favourite comment:

As a 60 year old conservative, once divorced, twice married, white male, I agree that anyone who is a consenting adult should be allowed to marry, period. Gays and Lesbians deserve the right to be as miserable as the rest of us.

:P

Congrats California

Martin

I've married for over two and half years. I did it at the city courthouse a few months after Canada legalized gay marriage nationalwide. ^^

I was 20. He was 19. :*)

Kids? Forget that crap. I'll worry about it when I am 30. Just because I married at 20 doesn't mean I gave up my youth and settled down.

yeah, the friends I see getting engaged soon, don't strike me as ever 'settling down'. just strikes me as a grown up thing to do -- ie. something grown ups are allowed to do, ergo I am an adult, arrgh time is flying, exciting and daunting. girls my age are starting more and more to talk about kids, in a serious manner. the other day I remember some of us discussing, I was saying I could actually see it as a real possibilty, me a mum, for the first time (not that I want any yet at all), before the idea just seemed so foreign, and the boys we were with were looking at each other, am sure thinking omg omg omg, girls are crazy, I hope my gf doesnt think that :) .

Celia