[dkstories] Rich Boy:Growing Pains

• Site Administrator

Great chapter Dan :great: ,

As I was reading, I was thinking of Worthington's loss of Jeremy, and then you immediately introduce Kyle. So I'm thinking wow, maybe there will be something between Worthington and Kyle, that didn't take long to replace :P .

Then, you give us some more about Kyle and then you screw up the whole warm and fuzzy feeling I'm getting with the chapter by Jamie's final statement. :angry:

Just kidding :D .

One thing kind of stuck out to me was Worthington's emotional state, he seemed to be a roller coaster of emotions. Things like being called Boss Man, and have Josh and Tom spilling everything to Kyle. I know he just had one hell of a week and all, but I don't recall him being so temperamental before.

Thanks for the chapter :worship:

Steve B)

Could Kyle be another brother? What will happen as he learns his craft - Worthington is obviously very atracted to him - will they end up as close as he is to Jamie?

Excellent chapter Dan!!

maybe we are due a midweek bonus?

Thanks again! :worship:

Yes, Worthington seems to revel in the idea of a new guy to take to bed. How can someone be oblivious to the fact that he or she is a mage? I find it rather intriguing. Wouldn't a mage accidentally use powers?

Great chapter, Dan. There's always something (or someone) new in this story and the action keeps moving along. It will be interesting to see how Kyle develops as a mage, if he is actually stronger than Worthington and Jamie, and what relationship he will have with Worthington. Is he Dark or Light? Will he opt for Gray?

What has the evil uncle done now? Jamie seems to have learned something important in a short time.

We now know one thing Worthington gave up in exchange for using Light magic to kill the demon lord. Having children without being married. What a novel idea! :lol:

Edited by MikeL
8><

What has the evil uncle done now? Jamie seems to have learned something important in a short time.

I think he meddled with Kyle with the result that Kyle accidently killed his own family. And now trying to use Kyles relatives to gain control over Kyle - maybe trying to use Kyle as the tool that Worthington knew is possible fo a Dark mage.

We now know one thing Worthington gave up in exchange for using Light magic to kill the demon lord. Having children without being married. What a novel idea! :lol:

A price. The Light demanded firmly. Always there will be a price. Two prices this time.

Two? Worthington asked with fear. He'd expected one. Last time the Light had demanded he spend two weeks at a camp for the poor. What would it demand of him now? Was he to give all his money to charity?

First a price for the path you walk. The Light's message was mostly images, Worthington on a path that glimmered light and dark in a dozen different patterns as it stretched before him. And for those who will walk this path with you, if you live. He was joined on the path by Jamie, and then more and more people, whose faces he could not quite make out yet, but he knew they were people he would meet in the future. You must sacrifice now, for them, a part of yourself I think, a dream. Yes one of your old dreams you must lay aside to put Light into this path you wish to walk.

No! Worthington's mind shouted without his actually thinking about it as he realized the dream that he must give up.

What does this dream matter to you now? The Light asked, and now it was sharp, clear, actual words more than images. It was a foolish dream anyway, fraught with peril. You will do better without it in your life. Give it up to me.

Hmm.... this was a tricky one "First a price for the path you walk". Was it to be true to his nature? And there is more to be true to than just to be gay. I think that to be of any value for The light to give a mage its powers you have to be more good than bad. And some 'baddies' will never get The Light how true they ever will. And this is a price for the rest of your life.

Will The Light set up the same demand of sacrifice to all that want to walk The Gray path? And maybe say that his true nature is not good enough?

Actually I wrote 'walk The Gay path' first before correcting it. :blink::lol:

I do wonder what type of magic that would be? :rolleyes:B)

Now the price for the spell.

So what price will it be - and when do we know.

As for the chapter. Always we get to see surprising turns. It can't be easy to train somone that is as powerful as yourself. And to get him levelheaded at the same time. And both beeing teenagers.

And another evil cliffhanger - now we really need a midweek update. :read::music:

Maybe I should set a spell on Dan :2hands:

Is he Dark or Light? Will he opt for Gray?

Judging by Kyle's questions about using certain spells on others as being right or not and Worthington's lighthanded remark in reply, I think that Kyle would either be Light or Gray.

Another great chapter, and I scream CLIFFIE!!

Now what has the uncle done to attract such a response from Jamie? It is a wonder how you make a villain out of a character that you've not even formally introduced, Dan... :P The uncle hasn't made a single appearance in the two books and yet he has constantly been a pain in the a$$ for our heroes...

I vouch for another mid-week update as well... :)

BeaStKid :devil:

What I am really curious about is that where there was previously only a handful of adepts now with Worthington, Jamie, Colin and Kyle there is at least 4 in one city alone. Is Worthington really just a magnet for all this attention? and if so, how?

Great chapter though :)

Greg

What I am really curious about is that where there was previously only a handful of adepts now with Worthington, Jamie, Colin and Kyle there is at least 4 in one city alone. Is Worthington really just a magnet for all this attention? and if so, how?

for some reason, this comment reminds me of a quote from Comsie's GFD... went something like... "You don't know who Comicality is? Let's just say that if our lives were a story, he'd be the one at the keyboard."

I'm glad people seem to be enjoying this part of the story. :) A couple of quick answers: Richie is off at College, learning to become a doctor. Being a Healer/Mage doesn't give him automatic knowledge of how to be a doctor as well, so he has to learn the old-fashioned way. Rest assured though that he is still receiving training from at least one Healer Mage at the school he's attending.

One of the prices Worthington is paying with the Light was for everyone who is Gray to be able to access certain powers commonly associated with the Light. The Light might demand a 'price' of them before letting them use a specific spell, but their access to common 'Light' powers are guaranteed.

Could Kyle be yet another Sinclair half-brother, conceived at the hands of the evil uncle and whose family was offed by said uncle? :devil:
Wouldn't that make him a half cousin?

I think any son of an uncle is a full cousin. It wouldn't matter who the cousin's mother is.

I am not sure there is such a thing as a half cousin. There is, however, such a thing as a double cousin.

Okay, I'm officially stumped!! :wacko:

BeaStKid

P.S

That may also be due to the fact that it is 1.30 am here and I am suffering from lack of sleep... :P