I don't have any palliative care experience per se. I do have a fair bit of hospital experience through volunteering back home and shadowing here at school. Back home I gave tours to young kids and also volunteered on an infant ward as well as an oncology ward for awhile. Oncology can be terribly sad, personally I think I'd like to end up where there can be some more positive outcomes....who knows though. Thanks for reading and commenting bob!!

Greg B)

Just a word about "palliative care", for those who care :D .

Palliative care (from Latin palliare, to cloak) is any form of medical care or treatment that concentrates on reducing the severity of disease symptoms, rather than halting or delaying progression of the disease itself or providing a cure. The goal is to prevent and relieve suffering and to improve quality of life for people facing serious, complex illness, and particularly for people in "terminal" state.

If you want to know more, see palliative care

The problem of the medical staff is that they are not prepared to face the death of patients they have to cure. The first who dealed with this problem was Elisabeth K

Yeah, I'll stalk you more in the forums and whenever you write a story. This is how you know you've made it: when you get your first stalker.

YAY!!! I've made it *pumps fist into the air* :lol:

Summer school sucks. It's very condensed. I don't know how you manage a full semester during those summer sessions. Although it could be worse. You could be a big dork like me and take 40 credits freshman year. That was a doozy. :wacko:

No kidding it sucks. Actually back home I liked summer sessions because campus was actually nice and quiet. Here wr are on trimesters so it is just a normal semester. 40 credits?! crazzzzzy girl. I remember 2nd year fall semester I had 12 hours of lecture and 13 hours of lab.....stupid lab! That was before the really long labs though :P

Nah, have some faith in yourself. If you channel your procrastinating energy into a series, you'll have a masterpiece. You need to break down every chapter and pretend each one is its own short story. Wow, can you imagine that? Freaking awesome. Okok, too much pressure now. A good stalker knows when to pull back, :lol:

May the force be with you (Don't know where that came from. A random Star Wars reference.)

:lol: too funny! I don't know if I have the stamina for a series, especially the way I write :P

Or he could try for a few day before the deadline...like normal people. :blink:

I thought deadline was latin for 'start' *cackles and runs away*

<sigh> Remind me of the deadline again so I can plan to be awake at midnight...just in case. :rolleyes:

hahaha, July 14th....but if I do this one, I'll try and give you more than a few hours this time. I wuv you Sharon :wub:

Greg is not a normal procrastinator. He's a super procrastinator!

And as tough as it may be, he manages a great story in a span of a few hours. I know, he's a superfreak. :D

Here's to hoping he'll come up with something by July 14...or a few days earlier so poor editors aren't scrambling. :lol:

Oh yeah he's a superfreak, superfreak, he's superfreaky...... :P

I like watching the editors scramble ;) ....seriously though they have saved my ass many times and I owe them whatever bits of my soul I still have left

:hug:s for all

Greg :D

Just a word about "palliative care", for those who care :D .

Palliative care (from Latin palliare, to cloak) is any form of medical care or treatment that concentrates on reducing the severity of disease symptoms, rather than halting or delaying progression of the disease itself or providing a cure. The goal is to prevent and relieve suffering and to improve quality of life for people facing serious, complex illness, and particularly for people in "terminal" state.

If you want to know more, see palliative care

The problem of the medical staff is that they are not prepared to face the death of patients they have to cure. The first who dealed with this problem was Elisabeth K

• 2 years later...

Just an update....

This story has been completely re-written and edited again. The story features a reworked point of view and has undergone several scene changes. Please feel free to enjoy and let me know if you approve of the changes! Thanks!!

Without You