I loved it! Completely, totally loved it!

Finially, Dennis showing a bit of posessiveness, telling Travis not to kiss Aiden or anyone else. Woot!

Great Chappy Dom!

I wonder if they really are going to have The Talk. And would Dennis really bring it up?

Cant wait!

I like it how Dom slowly builds up the momentum and suspense. B)

From the way Dennis juxtaposed his "relationship" with Travis against Lacy's small talk in the salon,

to the way Dennis & Travis had the non-Talk :lol:

Little by little...I find myself smiling :) as Dennis realizes something...

Now, will Travis realize that too? I mean, he hasn't given any signal yet.

Feeling-wise that is B)

Now...what about Leo? What would he think if he finds out that Dennis is dating Travis?

Is he going to call Dennis all names. I'm pretty sure Dennis would take it (feeling guilty), :(

but Travis would totally explode :lol:

Dom, you're a demigod! :worship:

Edited by Rad

Chapter 22 is great! Thanks, Dom. I'm so glad you are back and are releasing chapters of ITFB. It's great that Dennis and Travis are warming up to each other.

I say Dom dominates gay fiction. He's the Dominator. :worship:

Both Travis and Dennis seem to be too busy avoiding their respective troubles to develop an genuine interest in each other apart from the sexual one. Travis is the easier case, feeling more comfortable with himself. It is impressive how Dom describes him as vulnerable and strong at the same time.

I was thinking along the lines of:

Travis comes to Owen, he says no.

Owen kissed Travis for the last time.

Aidan walks in, intending to get back on a relationship with Owen.

Aidan storms out.

Dennis meets a heartbroken Aidan.

Aiden tells why...

:lol::lol:

The following drama will be great

I say Dom dominates gay fiction. He's the Dominator. :worship:

LOL! I love puns...they make me feel warm inside. Haha.

Ok, seriously though...I really did like how chapter 22 ended, with Dennis actually revealing that he didn't want Travis to make out with anyone. And the way he said it was so...Dennis-like. As if to not actually show he cared too much by hugging Travis and going "please don't make out with anyone else, it'll break my heart!"

At the same time, I think everyone here is a little bit unnerved by the Owen/Aiden situation. I mean, they're going through their problems, but at the same time...you gotta love how clingy we all are to these characters, as if we knew them in real life. By us whining (and I don't mean that as a bad thing, you guys. I whine about this story all the time, it's hilarious lol) and feeling emotions over these fictional characters, it really does just go to show how badass Dom is.

And now...really...

WHY CAN'T OWEN AND AIDEN JUST BE HAPPY TOGETHER?! /cry

Hahaha. I had to say it! It's killing me to see them like this!! lol

Really though, I think the party that really REALLY got to me, oddly enough, was Ryan Sader and Lacy Chapman. I mean, the friendship those 2 had was amazing! It put COUPLES to shame how well those 2 clicked on almost every single part. I remember reading about how they could just look at each other and laugh for no reason, and how they do silly things like chew almost 3 whole packets of gum just to see who can blow the biggest bubble... /sigh. They're just cute together, even as just friends.

Yes, sadly, what has happened with Ryan and Lacey is all too common among friends who try to take their friendship to the next level. What's weird about it for them is that it's not the first time they've tried to date each other, and each time before they always managed to stay friends, but I guess this time is different. I think everyone would like to see them reconcile and get back to the way they were - and let's face it, some friends just don't work as couples - but their feelings for one another are so complicated right now that it's hard to envision the toothpaste getting put back into the tube.

Owen and Aiden, on the other hand, are at a place where it would be very difficult for them to simply get back together. A lot of couples end up breaking up or divorcing because they met or married too young, without having experienced enough of life during those critical years where everyone changes on their own to really know who they are and what they want. Aiden has dated other guys before; Owen really didn't have a lot of experience before Aiden. And I don't think Aiden is wrong in saying that maybe they need their space to figure out who they are separately, and then maybe they can find their way back towards one another. But what's complicating matters is that they always see each other, they have the same friends, they hang out in places where they're bound to run into each other... It's one thing if they were going off to college in separate cities or really getting some sort of chance to build separate lives, but in this case, they just keep seeing each other and wanting to be together. And that's just a form of self-torture, and as long as they're gonna keep doing that, they might as well be together.

See, I love Owen and Aiden and think they're a great couple but IRL would they really end up together in the long run? Unlikely. I think Dom is just being realistic when he writes them apart, though I'm a sucker for a happy ending so I'm holding out hope that they'll get back together.

though I'm a sucker for a happy ending so I'm holding out hope that they'll get back together.

Everything you said was all too true, especially that last line. I think a lot of us are like that, hehe. And of course, maybe that's why your name-tag says "Cynical Romantic" :P

I'm kinda going through the same thing with my best friend right now, and it really IS difficult to try to lead separate lives when you're forced to see the person day-in and day-out..whether it be at work, with the same friends, in the same house even. As much as you want to tear yourself away because you know it's good for you, its that much harder because you literally CAN'T.

As far as Ryan and Lacy go, I see them resolving their conflicts a lot easier (and sooner) than Owen and Aiden (/cry!)

NOW WHERE'S CHAPTER 23?! *is an addict* haha

Everything you said was all too true, especially that last line. I think a lot of us are like that, hehe. And of course, maybe that's why your name-tag says "Cynical Romantic" :P

I'm kinda going through the same thing with my best friend right now, and it really IS difficult to try to lead separate lives when you're forced to see the person day-in and day-out..whether it be at work, with the same friends, in the same house even. As much as you want to tear yourself away because you know it's good for you, its that much harder because you literally CAN'T.

As far as Ryan and Lacy go, I see them resolving their conflicts a lot easier (and sooner) than Owen and Aiden (/cry!)

NOW WHERE'S CHAPTER 23?! *is an addict* haha

Cynical Romance and Hawke are correct, many marry to young and owen hasn't experienced maybe enough yet and need their space. Yet though some do get back together, but is it always a good thing to try it again?

also admit though i will read the rest when this story is done :P

Edited by Drewbie

At the same time, I think everyone here is a little bit unnerved by the Owen/Aiden situation. I mean, they're going through their problems, but at the same time...you gotta love how clingy we all are to these characters, as if we knew them in real life. By us whining (and I don't mean that as a bad thing, you guys. I whine about this story all the time, it's hilarious lol) and feeling emotions over these fictional characters, it really does just go to show how badass Dom is.

And now...really...

WHY CAN'T OWEN AND AIDEN JUST BE HAPPY TOGETHER?! /cry

Hahaha. I had to say it! It's killing me to see them like this!! lol

What has surprised myself is the amount of emotional energy I have been putting into the affairs of two totally fictional gay couples. I so want Dennis to redeem Travis thru unconditional love. I also want Aiden to stop being so damn difficult and to get back with Owen. Like I am majorly upset about all their break up.

So there you are, for the year of Dom's silence I wss like the knight in Keats' La Belle Dame Sans Merci - alone and palely loitering. I am still totally in thrall and under the spell once again of a master story teller.

G.