Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Website redesign... Done at last!

Sorry to those of you who have been inconvenienced by the problems on my site; I was doing a total site overhaul. I'm now pleased to report that it's done! (Took me a month, ugh!)

The layout for every page has changed. All pages, except the short stories, now have a sidebar nav menu.

I also made a lot of behind-the-scenes changes. The "for the Love" chapter filenames changed to .php (so i had to use meta-redirects to keep old external links to them working) I also changed the layouts, graphics, etc. I also made some changes so that the pages load faster, and display correctly during as well as after the load.

Another change was the nav buttons on each chapter; the next or previous chapter buttons, formerly on the bottom of each page, now appear on the top as well.

My website has hundreds of pages, and I've ended up making changes to ever single one, lol.

Anyway, it's done at last!

If anyone notices any errors or problems, PLEASE let me know. :)

CJ :)

Looks good CJ! :)

Thanks! :)

Pretty fancy CJ!

It's a little nicer than most goats would be comfortable with though. :D

Thanks, and LoL!

Except for the RSS feed (the list of recent forum topics on the main page, which Joe created for me, and fixed when I broke it; thanks Joe!) It's all my own work, including the graphics (most of which are based on my own photography). I have to admit, I'm very pleased with the way it came out, especially due to the fact that I am sorely lacking in tech skills.

Originally I was just going to ad the menus, but I decided to bite the bullet and overhaul the whole site. There were quite a few structural goofs that I made when I first created it that needed fixing, coding glitches in the chapter pages, etc, so it needed doing.

I've been neglecting my writing while working on this, so now it's done, no excuses, back to my keyboard. :)

I did have plenty of advice during the layout process though, so I owe a big "thank you" to Myr, Steph, Shadowgod and Wildone for that. :)

Nice work CJ. I guess I know what I'll be doing next week during the second half of my vacation, repairing some broken links.

LoL... No links were broken due to the site overhaul; I was careful to use meta redirects in place of any moved files. :)

• Site Moderator
Nice work CJ. I guess I know what I'll be doing next week during the second half of my vacation, repairing some broken links.

LoL... No links were broken due to the site overhaul; I was careful to use meta redirects in place of any moved files. :)

In case you were wondering what happened, I found the problem. It turned out that when I first started posting the story announcements at my site, CJ wasn't hosted yet and he was posting his stories in eFiction. And that's the link that I provided. When some recent maintenance was done, FTL was removed from eFiction, thus causing the 404 Error to come up. I've now taken care of the 20 posts that had the wrong url correct.

With over 3,100 hits alone for CJ's story announcements at The Talon House, they needed to be changed.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..