Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 22

w00t I'm on my way out the door for a little fun in the Poconos and CJ posts the new chapter right on time! hehe saved it and will read it at the cabin.

Have fun in the Poconos!

Hope you enjoy the chapter. I think its a good one for a relaxing read. :)

BTW, a special note of thanks: Due to the holidays and some real-world events, I was horrendously late in completing the draft of this chapter. That's why I mentioned in the last thread that it would likely be late. It is only due to a stellar performance by every member of my team that it is online today. They did a fantastic job. :worship::worship::worship:

Brandon and Chase are married. :wub:

How about devoting an entire chapter to the consummation of the marriage? 0:)B):D:great:

I guess that may have to wait until we get the volcano/earthquake/sunami out of the way. :( But it is important, I suppose, to take care of these small details before getting back to the main themes...weddings, pool parties and strippers. :P

Great chapter, CJ! :worship::worship:

Conner

• Site Administrator
Transfixed by the sight of the erupting volcano, everyone on the beach was facing the wrong way to notice the hasty, almost noiseless retreat of the sea.

Crap that means a tsunami?

That was my read on it, too. If so, they are in BIG trouble, because the only way off the beach, as I understand it, is a narrow path up the cliff face. If the earth is still shaking, then that would be dangerous. Of course, staying on the beach with an incoming tsunami would also be dangerous..... :wacko:

Great chapter. I had a feeling that this was the way it should flow for the good guys.

I'm discounting the bad guys part since I don't read that part.

Nice to see Jane - mom taking her rightful role with the boys.

I cried - I guess I love family re-unions - as long as its not my family.

Hopefully she hasn't roasted Erics Partners

I am still curious on what she thinks of Brandon.

I guess she must like him.

Not its going to be interesting having two moms.

The boys are certainly going to get some bi-mother signals cross or in harmony.

If they get out of this alive, mom certainly going to scold Eric and have him sit in the corner.

I certainly expect that many will flee to higher ground or begin evacuation.

Next chapter will surely be exciting.

That was my read on it, too. If so, they are in BIG trouble, because the only way off the beach, as I understand it, is a narrow path up the cliff face. If the earth is still shaking, then that would be dangerous. Of course, staying on the beach with an incoming tsunami would also be dangerous..... :wacko:

Well a least its not the california version of rock slides and stuff.

Didn't it say it was the other side thats more dangerous??

But I believe its the USA Eastern Seaboard that would get the brunt of the hit as the amplification of the wave speeds up.

Now it all depends if its from that cliff side falling into the ocean or a fault movement.

• Site Administrator
Transfixed by the sight of the erupting volcano, everyone on the beach was facing the wrong way to notice the hasty, almost noiseless retreat of the sea.

Crap that means a tsunami?

I've just thought of another altenative explanation. What if the earth movement was raising the beach? Admitedly, I would have expected the people on the beach to notice that, if it happened, but it would explain the retreat of the sea without requiring a tsunami.

There are probably some undersea earth movements that would also explain it, such as the raising of the floor in some places to block or partially block off the sea near the beach, coupled with a drop in the sea floor just out from the beach, but that's getting a bit extreme....

Did anyone else find amusing the minister's proclamation of Brandon and Chase being 'Husband and Wife'? I know he was just saying it by reflex, given the earth movement and volcano eruption, but I can see Eric and Jon grilling the newlyweds to find out which is the husband and which is the wife.....

I've just thought of another altenative explanation. What if the earth movement was raising the beach? Admitedly, I would have expected the people on the beach to notice that, if it happened, but it would explain the retreat of the sea without requiring a tsunami.

There are probably some undersea earth movements that would also explain it, such as the raising of the floor in some places to block or partially block off the sea near the beach, coupled with a drop in the sea floor just out from the beach, but that's getting a bit extreme....

Did anyone else find amusing the minister's proclamation of Brandon and Chase being 'Husband and Wife'? I know he was just saying it by reflex, given the earth movement and volcano eruption, but I can see Eric and Jon grilling the newlyweds to find out which is the husband and which is the wife.....

I agree with that possibility since it did happen like that in that real one (indian ocean) almost 2 years ago.

That does mean a bigger beach and they should be safe not having to evacuate

hehe that means the volcano went down? and press magma to come out like an untied water balloon?

I can't wait for the grilling - now will it be welldone or overeasy?

By the way, Whos the wife?

Hmmm... from the sounds of it... it sounds like the beach is rising (or a nasty tidal wave) and the volcano is errupting...

I have no choice but to declare this chapter a cliffhanger! Reasons why

1. We don't know whats gonna happen with the general

2. The ocean seems to be moving, but we're not sure why

3. The volcano seems to be having a blast

4. The wedding party seems to be trapped between a volcano and a wet place

So... goat... why are you torturing my namesake?!?!

Edit to add: I do like how you managed to reunite the boys with their mother... if mine were only that easy *sigh*

Great. Now everyone's going to die. Good thing I ordered pizza for the pre funerary party.

Ah well, was still an extremely good chapter. I'm thinking I'm gonna wait till the story is published before I come back to it, all the cliffhangers are killing me. Evil goat, giving a guy a heart attack.

Well the beach rising theory is the only way the wedding party is going to get out alive, since the goat can't kill off most of his characters without repercussion from his fans. I guess throwing the bouquet is out of the picture now, sad, not knowing which one was going to throw it. Hummmmmmm, the honeymoon is apparently off, with everyone and running for their dear lives!!

• Site Administrator
Hummmmmmm, the honeymoon is apparently off, with everyone and running for their dear lives!!

Just speculating, but what's the chance the honeymoon couple had arranged for a helicopter to pick them up off from the beach and whisk them away to an island paradise somewhere? If so, we'll know that at least two people will survive.....

Just speculating, but what's the chance the honeymoon couple had arranged for a helicopter to pick them up off from the beach and whisk them away to an island paradise somewhere? If so, we'll know that at least two people will survive.....

Any chance the General making a grand entrance and save them all??

I'm going with the rising beach theory, though if I were on that beach I think I would prefer a large wave hitting me. Were it a tidal wave, the wave would be heading away from the island, following the shockwaves of the shaking earth.

The reason I believe the rising beach theory is the pool of magma is rising. The reason I prefer the wave is because it sounds like what happened to Mt. St. Helens could happen here.

• Site Moderator

I'm guessing that the shock waves caused by the volcano, rippling thru the water, would cause the water on the beach to recede as the radiating waves moved away from the island. Eventually, there will be a surge water back to the beach.

When it came to the "Eric, Language!", my first thought was someone has stolen a line from another story where it gets used a lot, only with a differnt name, of course.

Cliffhanger free? Not that I noticed.

I'm guessing that the shock waves caused by the volcano, rippling thru the water, would cause the water on the beach to recede as the radiating waves moved away from the island. Eventually, there will be a surge water back to the beach.

When it came to the "Eric, Language!", my first thought was someone has stolen a line from another story where it gets used a lot, only with a differnt name, of course.

Cliffhanger free? Not that I noticed.

Eric too big for a wipping on his bare butt :lol:

Here is an interesting article about tsunami facts, which includes the following:

Witnesses have reported that an approaching tsunami is sometimes preceded by a noticeable fall or rise in the water level. If you see the ocean receding unusually rapidly or far it's a good sign that a big wave is on its way. Go to high ground immediately.
Here are a few pictures.

tsunami_sm.jpg

tsunami_wave_coming_now_too_late.jpg

index.htm_txt_tsunami.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..