Weekend Fun

methodwriter85

So, I used to post stuff like this at this other board I'm involved in, but I'm taking a break from there and wanna try this place out.

This thread is to talk about the fun stuff we like to do on weekends and such. You can talk about any fun parties you've gone to, and all the silly and fun antics that go into them. We can also post links to songs we like that make us thinking of partying mode.

For me, so far this weekend, my Friday night was great. I went to an improv comedy show, did some swing dancing in the student center, hit up the bar, and then went to a rager being held at an friend's house. Pretty fun- lots of people, dancing, a D.J, and cool party lights. It's at this notorious party place everyone at my school calls Skid Row- a bunch of old row houses. Everyone there is a student, so parties there never get busted, which is freakin' sick.

Here's one of the songs they like to play at their parties. God, I love this song.

"Flashlight" by Parliament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1cnaa12FIo

Anyways, I hope my Saturday night is good as well...I'm going to a concert at this bar by this cool local band.

What about you guys? Any fun stories you wanna share?

We can also post links to songs we like that make us thinking of partying mode.

Some of the ones that get me moving, even if in the kitchen while cooking or doing dishes.....Starting with one of my fav. dancing songs...the guys in the vids are not bad either! Ya'll ready to dance???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SelGqLGDG_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ap49jvZoKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ263vzs2gg

So, I used to post stuff like this at this other board I'm involved in, but I'm taking a break from there and wanna try this place out.

This thread is to talk about the fun stuff we like to do on weekends and such. You can talk about any fun parties you've gone to, and all the silly and fun antics that go into them. We can also post links to songs we like that make us thinking of partying mode.

For me, so far this weekend, my Friday night was great. I went to an improv comedy show, did some swing dancing in the student center, hit up the bar, and then went to a rager being held at an friend's house. Pretty fun- lots of people, dancing, a D.J, and cool party lights. It's at this notorious party place everyone at my school calls Skid Row- a bunch of old row houses. Everyone there is a student, so parties there never get busted, which is freakin' sick.

Here's one of the songs they like to play at their parties. God, I love this song.

"Flashlight" by Parliament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1cnaa12FIo

Anyways, I hope my Saturday night is good as well...I'm going to a concert at this bar by this cool local band.

What about you guys? Any fun stories you wanna share?

I'm at home writing.

Well, I've had the week from hell, so just vegging out at home with my feet up watching DVD's. & shite TV. Have no plans to mow, clean, party with obnoxious queens, dust or otherwise engage in any strenuous activity outside the bedroom! :devil:

I went to the beach with my boyfriend yesterday, had a giant, delicious, chicken, beef, noodle, won ton, tofu and noodle laksa soup today and am about to see 'Slumdog Millionaire' with my sister.

I didn't initially wanna see it coz I thought it was a rapper movie or something because like 'slumdog' 'snoopdog' or something. (Did that sentence make sense?) Did anyone else think that?

Edited by writeincode

Occasionally, I end up in Dallas. There's plenty to do there, and it's great if you don't mind the traffic. Some weekend I'm going to the zoo and probably Reunion Tower. :)

p5-14.1.jpg

Eh. Dallas is a sore spot to me right now for some reason. I'm glad 2,000 miles seperate me from that place. I kinda have to pretend that place doesn't exist for now, and the large physical distance makes it easier to do so.

I was supposed to hit up Philly last night, but I wound up going to a bar concert instead. Pretty good stuff. The lead singer is DREAMY. And it's a good band in general- has this whole bluesy/progressive rock sound. They're called 61 North.

It prolly isn't everyone's taste, but here's a link to their Myspace music page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=150695844

And again, I think their lead singer, Brian LaPann, is freakin' dreamy. Too bad he's straight.

Occasionally, I end up in Dallas. There's plenty to do there, and it's great if you don't mind the traffic. Some weekend I'm going to the zoo and probably Reunion Tower. :)

p5-14.1.jpg

Let's see....is that a huge phallic symbol or what?

More like a vibrator. You see, it's missing balls. :P

As for me, usually I do unproductive things and go to a cafe for coffee and read/surf the net for hours there.

It doesn't need balls. See those tank cars to the right? They ship in whatever fluids it needs.

It doesn't need balls. See those tank cars to the right? They ship in whatever fluids it needs.

:lmao:

Actually, Reunion Tower is an observation tower. It actually rotates so that you can see all of downtown Dallas, and let me tell you, downtown Dallas is huge! If you're on I-35 E, you drive right by it. Reunion Tower is part of the Hyatt Regency complex, and it also features Dallas cuisine as there is a restaurant there. I didn't really think of it as a phallic symbol. The top of it isn't the right shape. I have not actually been inside it yet, but I'll let everyone know all about it when I do. :D

So last night I again hit up the UD Swing Dance at my school, and hung out with my friend Steve at Buffalo Wild Wings. Pretty fun.

Later on, we just went back to his dorm, hung out with his friends, smoked a j, and shooted the breeze until I finally left to drive home at 5:30 a.m. in the morning...lol. Late night, but not too wild of one, actually. He's an RA, so I get to talk to his residents. There was this one really hot lacrosse guy I kept drooling over...man, I wish I had somehow been able to get that guy alone. LOL.

And today I did my GRE practice test. Man. Not fun.

Tonight I'm thinking about trying to look for a rager. I might call up one of my friend's freshmen residents and try and find one, lol. Could be fun.

What about you guys?

Edited by methodwriter85

It prolly isn't everyone's taste, but here's a link to their Myspace music page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=150695844

Actually I did enjoy their music, thanks :)

Let's see....is that a huge phallic symbol or what?

I was just thinking "gee, that's something I'd hate to step on if I were a giant."

My typical weekend:

Friday night: unwind, possibly go to sleep early, otherwise go out.

Saturday day: wake up around noon, stay in bed for a couple of hours reading, go to my favourite cafe' for a late lunch with whatever random assortment of friends wish to accompany me. Go shopping, or possibly catch up on housework.

Saturday night: Go bar/club hopping with friends.

Sunday day: Sleep late, have brunch at one of my favourite restaurants, go for a walk, rollerblading, or to the gym.

Sunday evening: bum around and do some hardcore chillin'.

Of course I might have other plans on any given day, but in the absence of anything specific that's more or less my general weekend routine.

I'm glad you liked their music, dude.

Anyways, this weekend was fun. I hit up a rager over at SkidRow, which had this decent d.j. Then after the keg got kicked, I hung out with my freshman buddy Ian, and his friends, at their dorm until 4 a.m. in the morning. It was pretty cool.

This is a song that played Friday night at the rager, and never fails to bring a smile to my face.

"Paper Planes" by M.I.A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXVRlB_As9M

Hmmm...this weekend

lets see friday night I went out on a date...he took me to a voguing club and we had a blast of a time

saturday i went shopping for club night and heard the most amazing dance mix to too of my fave dance songs

sunday i slept in and then went to birthday party

*gasps* i still have to call my date back

Hmmm...this weekend

lets see friday night I went out on a date...he took me to a voguing club and we had a blast of a time

saturday i went shopping for club night and heard the most amazing dance mix to too of my fave dance songs

sunday i slept in and then went to birthday party

*gasps* i still have to call my date back

What the hell is a voguing club? Is that where you mince/dance around with your arms in the air? :lmao:

• 2 months later...

Not doing a lot this weekend, but normally would go to the pub with some mates, drink copious amounts of alcohol and make a total ass of myself! After watching the football that is. :D

Went to the swimming pool today, first time I go to a pool that has no chlorine but is treated with salt!!! Swam like a fish whenever the kiddies were out of the way. My daughter said "mom" like a gazillion times til I took her out of the pool and told her dad who was just chatting with others to take care of her before she drove me MAD! Re-discovered that I have something called muscles! UGH even my hair is aching!!! Tylenol tonight before bedtime then repeat the pool tomorrow. I'll be going as much as I can. The pool is heated so it'll be open til around Dec. Got a GREAT suntan too!!! Overall, I had a great day.

Well, I spent last Saturday teaching at the dojo. I teach sometimes when the sensei is out of town, this time it was a regular class in the morning and a gaggle of newbies in the afternoon. God, was I ever that young...I don't think so...ever.

anyway, hoping for a quieter weekend this time around.

Last weekend I did..... nothing. This weekend I am doing... nothing. Sigh.

Living in this backwater is killing me. Which is why I am moving to the City... woohooo can't wait. Anyone want to buy a house :)