Loosing a loved one.

I recently lost a family member when it wasn't his time.

Jackson was two and a half when he was beat to death by a guy my cousin was shacking up with. He punched him in the head and in the stomach. Clinton Rosenbaum was the one who took little babby Jack away from us.

When the police asked Clinton Rosenbaum why he beat him he said that Jackson had hit his dog with a toy. These events only go to show me how cruel and unjust the world is.

It hurts to loose one so young and close to you. His father was hispanic and his mother was white. he had a full head of brown curley hair and the softest skin you could imagine.

Jackson loved to laugh just as much as he loved playing with his dog Daisy. You could hear him laughing from anywhere in the house, it was infectious.

At his funeral my aunt read this poem. The poem is intitled Funeral Blues by W. H. Auden.

Funeral Blues

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.

Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my Easy and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

-- W. H. Auden

I hope this poem can help anyone out there that has been affected in the way that I have. The world is a cruel and beautifull place and it's hard to have something like this happen and there's nothing you can do to make it better. Things like this happen all over the world all the time. Our childeren are the future and what kind of future are we passing on to them?

Damn Patrick, that absolutely sucks. :(

Nothing that I could write here would ease the pain that you and your family are experiencing at this moment.

It hurts me just to think about it and my thoughts will be with you.

I hope that justice is served and Mr. Rosenbaum gets what is coming to him.

If the cops and the DA screw the pooch in the process of putting this mutt away, just send me his address and I'll make sure he gets neutered.

Patrick,

I am so very sorry for the loss that your family has suffered. Words can never be enough to douse the grief that you all feel. I can only offer my deepest respects, and prayers that you all make it through this trial intact. God keep and bless you and yours.

I'm sorry for your trouble, Patrick.

The last stanza of Auden's poem truly expresses the incredible sense of loss, despair and anger that you must be feeling after this senseless tragedy.

Find voice for your grief and remember...

'Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all.

--Alfred Tennyson, _In Memoriam A.H.H._ (1850), XXVII. 44

Hugs,

Conner

Patrick I am so so very sorry for your loss. I can't say I know what you are going thru cause I don't but I do feel the pain I know the pain . I volunteer at a hospital here in Phoenix and I have seen some God awful sights . I am on the YAW 9 Young Adult Wing ) of the hospital ages 13-18 . Dude if you need or want to vent I'm here or I can be reached at JUSTYNPHX@msn.com I may be young and all but I can listen if it helps My Prayers are with you and your family

GOD BLESS Stay Safe Take Care

Justyn C Case

Patrick,

That's horrific. I've been to lots of funerals (and no, contrary to popular opinion, they weren't people that I personally killed) and the younger the victim the tougher it is. I try very hard in life not to carry grudges, or maintain a high level of hate, but I don't know how you're going to be able to accomplish that in this case. Only time will ease the pain, but it will never be erased.