Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 37

To bad they didn't run over yuri :lol:

there reunion will probably go with a gang,

and evil cjames, Eric and Jensen just wanna have some fun.. But Jensen buying some tequila can be really bad epically since the scar is here, but maybe a drunk eric can duke it out their ex friend :P

Is the title of this chapter a little misleading? I can't see anything significant that has gone awry. True, Eric and Jansen hit a snag, but I don't think they even had any plans.

As for cliffhangers...perhaps a provisional certificate of no cliffhangers is in order. The chapter had a relatively "soft" ending. Of course the volcano, the nukes, Scar's impending invasion, and a bottle of tequila are still hanging out there.

B) ..............Somehow, I knew the tequila was going to sneak back into Eric's life. It will certainly liven things up, maybe Eric and Scar will share a shot or two. Why was Keith surprised Brian slept with his hand grenade?? :lol: I slept with my rifle plenty of times! I can see breakfast being kinda awkward, with the nights previous pairings and the new guests and all.

Helen's moving of the bombs may well have bought them time, and Brian's grenade may produce a stalemate!

Great chapter CJ!

There was lots more lovin' in this chapter! :wub: Now we're cookin'.

I agree :D

im afraid, since the scar is coming jensen could get caught while getting more tequila.. I sorta mentioned that above this post.

• Site Administrator

O M G ! ! !

Did Jensen not get the memo that said Do Not Tequila The Eric???? :o:o:o

Great chapter CJ, and thanks :worship:

I wonder what will happen at the breakfast buffet :P , I'm sure Brian will be bringing his own pineapple with him. Since Felicia and General Bradson know what The Scar and Yuri look like, I imagine that he will try to take them out first. Then again, The Scar may get greedy and decide that Eric needs to be first which could get him in trouble.

Is the title of this chapter a little misleading? I can't see anything significant that has gone awry. True, Eric and Jansen hit a snag, but I don't think they even had any plans.

As for cliffhangers...perhaps a provisional certificate of no cliffhangers is in order. The chapter had a relatively "soft" ending. Of course the volcano, the nukes, Scar's impending invasion, and a bottle of tequila are still hanging out there.

Mike, go back and edit this right away. I once made the mistake of claiming something similar and the Goat made me regret it for nearly two years :D .

I'll get into some guessing later, but for now, don't want to bother with the spoiler tags :P .

Thanks again Cj

To bad they didn't run over yuri :lol:

there reunion will probably go with a gang,

and evil cjames, Eric and Jensen just wanna have some fun.. But Jensen buying some tequila can be really bad epically since the scar is here, but maybe a drunk eric can duke it out their ex friend :P

For all we know, The Scar might just want to drop in for a friendly lunch. :)

Why does everyone always think the worst of poor, misunderstood Jerry? 0:)

:worship::worship: :worship: :worship:

All hail His Amphibiousness! I hereby gratefully accept the Amphibious Declaration of Cliffhanger-free! :2thumbs:

Yes indeed, just a few little hiccups. Everything is pretty much quiet in the chapter, and all is well.

B) ..............Somehow, I knew the tequila was going to sneak back into Eric's life. It will certainly liven things up, maybe Eric and Scar will share a shot or two. Why was Keith surprised Brian slept with his hand grenade?? :lol: I slept with my rifle plenty of times! I can see breakfast being kinda awkward, with the nights previous pairings and the new guests and all.

Helen's moving of the bombs may well have bought them time, and Brian's grenade may produce a stalemate!

Great chapter CJ!

The Scar has tequila'd the Eric in the past, so why not again? Just two old pals, sharing a drink for old time's sake?

Keith and Brian's hand grenade scene was written long ago, before Christmas, in fact. It just popped into my head as funny, and I had to write it down. Poor Brian, he was so concerned that Keith might think the lump was something other than a grenade. LoL!

There was lots more lovin' in this chapter! :wub: Now we're cookin'.

I can't say anything about the future <looks around nervously for the Echidna> but... :wub:;)

I agree :D

im afraid, since the scar is coming Jensen could get caught while getting more tequila.. I sorta mentioned that above this post.

Remember, The Scar only knows (or would recognize) Instinct, Helen, the General, and Felecia. He's never seen Jansen and Keith, and has no idea who they are. :) Of course, they don't know The Scar, either.... :)

O M G ! ! !

Did Jensen not get the memo that said Do Not Tequila The Eric???? :o:o:o

Great chapter CJ, and thanks :worship:

I wonder what will happen at the breakfast buffet :P , I'm sure Brian will be bringing his own pineapple with him. Since Felicia and General Bradson know what The Scar and Yuri look like, I imagine that he will try to take them out first. Then again, The Scar may get greedy and decide that Eric needs to be first which could get him in trouble.

Mike, go back and edit this right away. I once made the mistake of claiming something similar and the Goat made me regret it for nearly two years :D .

I'll get into some guessing later, but for now, don't want to bother with the spoiler tags :P .

Thanks again Cj

Poor Jansen.. based on the one time he's seen Eric on Tequila, he's assuming that Helen was exaggerating. :)

Poor Jerry, he's looking for his bombs, but now they aren't there. They literally passed right under his nose, and he never knew.

I think Mike's post is fine! He's quite right; no tension at all in the chapter.

They're all just having fun at the resort, and once Jerry checks in, they'll be neighbors. Who knows.. maybe he just wants to relax (he's too stressed most of the time). For all we know, he knows how to cook and will make them all a friendly breakfast. :)

just........

I dunno.....

sigh....

Cliff Hanger Free....(mostly)

Jon

Though, them TLC moments were great :)

That makes two cliffhanger-free votes! Yay!!!

Ok, on a serious note, I want to mention Eric and Jansen. Eric has never been with a guy before, and in fact has never been in a relationship before, just one night stands. So, I figured that no way, no how, would things go smoothly the first time he tried. :)

Without meaning to, Jansen sure put poor Eric under "performance pressure", LoL!

Okay, I think now might be a good time to mention the title of 38: "Fallen". (mainly, so I don't forget again!)

• Site Administrator

Hmm, not to stir up the pot any 0:) (not me, lol)

So as much as I loved the tender moments between Eric and Jansen I do have one question that you may or may not choose to answer.

From the text, are you saying the 'corny' lines that Eric has used on women in the past is all that is needed to bed a woman :lmao: ? Are you saying that men need less tender moments between them?

:whistle:

Actually CJ, I know you are not fond of writing love/sex scenes, but once again you did this one very well and leaves it to the readers imagination. Well done :worship: .

So as much as I loved the tender moments between Eric and Jansen I do have one question that you may or may not choose to answer.

From the text, are you saying the 'corny' lines that Eric has used on women in the past is all that is needed to bed a woman :lmao: ? Are you saying that men need less tender moments between them?

Actually CJ, I know you are not fond of writing love/sex scenes, but once again you did this one very well and leaves it to the readers imagination. Well done :worship: .

B) ...........Actually, I thought this was very believable, here you have a rock star that is tired of the one night stands and wants to feel 'something' other then saying 'bye babe, catch ya later' Eric is probably not gay, and I'm not even sure if he is bi, maybe bi-curious. He certainly didn't make this jump for a game. He was searching himself to find something to grasp onto, he is serious in his quest, but will find the truth more antagonizing in the end. Eric is Eric!

• Site Moderator

The title might be a little misleading and could be leading us into the next chapter, or two. Most of the plans that were laid out in the previous chapter have been taken care of.

I hope that Keith isn't setting himself up for a big let down. After all, we don't know if Brian has a boyfriend somewhere or not.

Maybe Jansen will make the difference when it comes to Tequila and Eric. After all, Eric was tame the last time when it was just him, Jansen, and Keith.

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

All hail His Amphibiousness! I hereby gratefully accept the Amphibious Declaration of Cliffhanger-free! :2thumbs:

Provisional.

I think Mike's post is fine! He's quite right; no tension at all in the chapter.

Didn't say that.

I think one of the main people will fall, or jansen,

Poor Jerry? cause what he's like you cjames :P an evil evil man...

I don't think eric's confused with jansen, maybe sexually fluid like it's been mentioned before with some guys and girls.

Edited by Drewbie
  • Site Administrator

Well I guess I'm glad that Yuri encountered the truck on it's return to the resort. I guess that means that Jerry and Yuri did not see the same truck leave the resort earlier.

There is some question though what Jerry will deduce when he finds out that the bombs are not at the resort. Then again, I don't really thing that he is expecting the bombs to be there. Did he not send the majority of the mercenaries to the airport to acquire the bombs which he believes are still with the Herc?

Unfortunately I believe Jerry's mission on the west side of the island is strictly to exact revenge on Eric.

His anger and dislike of him and the other band members must be big enough that he really isn't concerned about the bombs as he is of taking out them.

One other thing I thought of, in LTMP, Jerry entrusted Dimitri and others to eliminate Instinct. Also, anyone that did actually encounter The Scar when he was in a killing mood actually died. So who's luck is going to run out? The Scar's 100% batting average in killing people, or Eric's average of getting out of trouble?

Edited by wildone
Keith and Brian's hand grenade scene was written long ago, before Christmas, in fact. It just popped into my head as funny, and I had to write it down. Poor Brian, he was so concerned that Keith might think the lump was something other than a grenade. LoL!

I got a kick out of it. It's hard to resist the obvious "Is that a grenade in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" line. :lol:

Maybe Jansen will make the difference when it comes to Tequila and Eric. After all, Eric was tame the last time when it was just him, Jansen, and Keith.

Yes, I was thinking that as well; although, clearly the foreshadowing indicates otherwise.

One other thing I thought of, in LTMP, Jerry entrusted Dimitri and others to eliminate Instinct. Also, anyone that did actually encounter The Scar when he was in a killing mood actually died. So who's luck is going to run out? The Scar's 100% batting average in killing people, or Eric's average of getting out of trouble?

I bet neither one of them will break their streak. My hunch is that in a fit of embarrassment over last night's events Eric decides to join forces with The Scar and eliminate everyone else so that no one can live to tell the tale of his sexual mishap.

In other news, I absolutely loved this chapter! It's my favourite one of the past several chapters. Brian and Keith are making such a cute couple! LOL, and while I know I never actually got around to posting it, I 'called it' right away as soon as they met. :boy:

The scene with Eric and Jansen talking things out, and Jansen seducing Eric, was just awesome!

All in all a thoroughly fantastic chapter! :worship:

-Kevin

Lol!

Well, Eric had to do far less than that to get girls into bed with him; they were groupies, looking to bed a famous rock star, so all he had to do was.. not run away. LoL

So, he has zero experience in the arts of romance... as was painfully apparent. ROFL.

You're right, I do find sex scenes hard to write, but to my mind, this wasn't one, because they didn't get that far, plue we heard abotu it from their later conversation. :)

I've very recently been dealing with the issue of writing sex scenes.. Now, for fear of the echidna, I dare not say which story or which characters it was for, but a couple of days ago I wrote a rather.. detailed one, that leaves nothing to the imagination. :devil:

B) ...........Actually, I thought this was very believable, here you have a rock star that is tired of the one night stands and wants to feel 'something' other then saying 'bye babe, catch ya later' Eric is probably not gay, and I'm not even sure if he is bi, maybe bi-curious. He certainly didn't make this jump for a game. He was searching himself to find something to grasp onto, he is serious in his quest, but will find the truth more antagonizing in the end. Eric is Eric!

Good point!

The way I see Eric, he, per his own words (in LTMP), finds guys hot but girls hotter, physically. To my mind, that makes him bi leaning slightly female. I think, for Eric, the deciding factor wouldn't be just phisical attraction, but how he connects with the person on other levels. :)

The title might be a little misleading and could be leading us into the next chapter, or two. Most of the plans that were laid out in the previous chapter have been taken care of.

I hope that Keith isn't setting himself up for a big let down. After all, we don't know if Brian has a boyfriend somewhere or not.

Yep, Eric was, for Eric, shockingly tame the last time on tequila. That may, or may not, mean something. :)

There are a few ongoing plans.. Helen's, for the press conference, and The Scar's, for checking in and finding Instinct to get info on the bombs. Plus of course, Jansen's plans to Tequila the Eric. ;)

Provisional.

Didn't say that.

Ummm, when will the provisional declaration become a permanent one? Now the chapter is out, what more is there to decide? :)

I think one of the main people will fall, or jansen,

Poor Jerry? cause what he's like you cjames :P an evil evil man...

I don't think eric's confused with jansen, maybe sexually fluid like it's been mentioned before with some guys and girls.

What? Me, evil? Awwww... Here I am, getting all the old freinds from LTMP together again, for a nice holiday at a wonderful resort... how could that be evil?

Well I guess I'm glad that Yuri encountered the truck on it's return to the resort. I guess that means that Jerry and Yuri did not see the same truck leave the resort earlier.

There is some question though what Jerry will deduce when he finds out that the bombs are not at the resort. Then again, I don't really thing that he is expecting the bombs to be there. Did he not send the majority of the mercenaries to the airport to acquire the bombs which he believes are still with the Herc?

Unfortunately I believe Jerry's mission on the west side of the island is strictly to exact revenge on Eric.

His anger and dislike of him and the other band members must be big enough that he really isn't concerned about the bombs as he is of taking out them.

Yep, they didn't see the truck outbound, nor did they see where it went. :)

Jerry does think Instinct has something to do with the bombs, and getting information is part of his reason for being there. That photo of Eric in the general's camera, and Instinct staying at a resort on the island where the general took the bombs, made him suspect there was a connection, so he's after both his bombs, and some revenge. Of course, as he likes to say, he has no objection to mixing business with pleasure.

Yes, it could be said that being around The Scar in LTMP when he was in a killing mood could be unhealthy. On the other hand, he could be a fun guy to hang around with... He took Instinct shopping once, shared a few drinks with Eric at the pool, etc. Also, in some cases, people got away with angering him. The engineer made Jerry angry a few times, but Jerry didn't fire him, and was even nice enough to let the Engineer watch the first bomb go off.

Lol!

Well, Eric had to do far less than that to get girls into bed with him; they were groupies, looking to bed a famous rock star, so all he had to do was.. not run away. LoL

So, he has zero experience in the arts of romance... as was painfully apparent. ROFL.

LOL, I didn't think it objectively sounded that bad. I mean if a guy I was dating told me I looked beautiful, kissed my forehead, etc., well that would probably work on me. I think the important thing is the execution and also they dynamic. It's possible that Eric made it sound cheesy and regardless as Jansen said it didn't fit their dynamic. In general though I don't think what was described would be a bad way to be romantic with someone. It just depends on the people and the situation IMO.

Ummm, when will the provisional declaration become a permanent one? Now the chapter is out, what more is there to decide? :)

Now you're trying to get the cart before the horse. The provisional certificate was issued after the chapter was posted. The only decision remaining to be made is the possible revocation of said provisional certificate.

LOL, I didn't think it objectively sounded that bad. I mean if a guy I was dating told me I looked beautiful, kissed my forehead, etc., well that would probably work on me. I think the important thing is the execution and also they dynamic. It's possible that Eric made it sound cheesy and regardless as Jansen said it didn't fit their dynamic. In general though I don't think what was described would be a bad way to be romantic with someone. It just depends on the people and the situation IMO.

Totally agreed!

What Eric did, though, was he was trying to act very soppy-romantic. It was the "trying to act" part that tripped him up. He's not a good actor, and soppy-romantic isn't him, so it made Jansen crack up.

Romantic is fine; it was Eric's bad acting (very cheesy) and trying to act out of character that tripped him up. LoL.

However... think of the pressure he's now under to "get it right" next time.

I should have shown it better, but Eric was indeed exceedingly cheesy, and that's what made Jansen crack up. :)

Totally agreed!

What Eric did, though, was he was trying to act very soppy-romantic. It was the "trying to act" part that tripped him up. He's not a good actor, and soppy-romantic isn't him, so it made Jansen crack up.

Romantic is fine; it was Eric's bad acting (very cheesy) and trying to act out of character that tripped him up. LoL.

However... think of the pressure he's now under to "get it right" next time.

I should have shown it better, but Eric was indeed exceedingly cheesy, and that's what made Jansen crack up. :)

I agree but it was sweet anyway! :wub:

So I want to join your team. Send me the sex scene first! I'll let you know what I think....honest. 0:)

Things are getting exciting. Only the goat could bring us awkward love scenes with grenades and the unmistakable ticking of the doomsday clock in the background. Good Job!!!

Thanks!!!

Um, speaking of the ticking clock... (The goat glances nervously at his watch) It's tuesday, almost noon, and I regret to have to say that Chapter 38 is not ready for posting. I was horribly late with it, and also made a few last-second changes for continuity with coming chapters, and as a result didn't get it in to Bondwriter for zeta until a few hours ago. Now, Bondwriter is stuck dealing with a train delay. (He attempted to take over the train by blocking the track and charging everyone a 100-euro extra fee... you know how mercenary he can be.)

I do not expect the chapter delay to be more than 24 hours.

Sorry for the delay; but I do want to make sure all the details match up, and that means that in some cases I can't send off a chapter until a much later one is fully drafted.

CJ :)

• Site Administrator
Thanks!!!

Um, speaking of the ticking clock... (The goat glances nervously at his watch) It's tuesday, almost noon, and I regret to have to say that Chapter 38 is not ready for posting. I was horribly late with it, and also made a few last-second changes for continuity with coming chapters, and as a result didn't get it in to Bondwriter for zeta until a few hours ago. Now, Bondwriter is stuck dealing with a train delay. (He attempted to take over the train by blocking the track and charging everyone a 100-euro extra fee... you know how mercenary he can be.)

I do not expect the chapter delay to be more than 24 hours.

Sorry for the delay; but I do want to make sure all the details match up, and that means that in some cases I can't send off a chapter until a much later one is fully drafted.

CJ :)

Don't sweat it CJ, we'll just blame the new guy :lol::D:P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..