2 Cents Question For 7/27

It's a question that I like to ask of people every now and then...and wondered what you thought.

When you sit back, and really think about it...

do you think you have the ability to change the world?

And I'm not talking about donating to a charity, or singlehandedly stopping global warming. You don't have to cure cancer or bring an end to the war in Iraq. And I'm not talking about being a part of a 'group' that's changing the world. And I'm not talking about just doing your 'part', like with recycling.

If it came right down to it....and you had the chance...on a scale of 1 to 10...do you thik you could PERSONALLY make a change in the world around you? 1 being having no effect on the world at all....and 10 being able to create a revolution and evolution of everything you didn't like about the world in general.

What do you think? How much influence do you think you really have (PERSONALLY, as an individual) on the world at large?

Are you just another ant in the colony? Are you fored to play society's game? Do you have some minor influence on the people in your immediate vicinity? Or do you think you can have a Ghandi/Martin Luther King Jr/ Mother Thresa impact on the lives surrounding you? Let us know!

Yes I have the power to change the world. Everyone does. Society is made up of every individual within it and if every individual stood up for what they believed and fulfilled their own potential then the whole of society would change and if every society changed the world would change.

There are so many situations where one man or one woman, ordinary people, stood up for what they believed in and it changed everything.

I am who I am... a green haired vampire lover of fallen angels and I refuse to be anything else. I believe that by doing that, by not hiding who and what I am, by standing up for the things I believe in and my right to believe them, that I have the power to change my world... everyone else's comes later.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed! Wholeheartedly.

I think if we take the time to look back at all the people who really made a difference, led a movement, started a change...probably didn't even realize it until they were in the middle of it. I think that all it takes is the compassion and willingness to try.

I'm a huge believer of the ripple effect. What may seem like an insignificant gesture to us at the time, could have a huge efect on things in the future. Something as simple as sharing a smile with somebody could prevent a suicide. Something as small as helping a homeless person get something to eat, can help them keep their dream of getting back on their feet just a little bit longer. A compliment or whispered word of encouragement can get someone to follow their dream all the wa to greatness. So everything counts. Everything. And that makes life beautiful. It makes every moment precious, you know? And it makes you WANT to give a damn about how you interact with the people around you.

What could be better than that? You know? I'd like to think the world would be much better if people realized the rewards and the consequences behind their actions.And understood how much their actions have an impact.

But, you know? That's just me.

No. The world is what it is because of human nature and we can only change ourselves.

That's true. We can only change ourselves but that doesn't mean we can't help others want to change themselves too. Otherwise what't the point? If we can't change anything then we just have to accept. Accept the prejudice, accept the biggotry, accept the ignorance, accept the negativity. Well... you can but I'm not :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..