Zombie Mom from San Antonio:

JamesSavik

Well, that is pretty psycho. That doesn't even sound like something a sane person would do. Sadly, she may have an insanity defense... otherwise, she's a psychopath, though considering that she stabbed herself, that is unlikely as psychopaths are too selfish to do something like that.

She was a schizophrenic. You would think someone would have noticed she was unstable? It sounds like a horrible incident that could have been avoided.

And I don't find it funny at all. I'm a very easy going person and I can laugh at a lot of things and not get offended easily.

But this is a baby . :(

source

Edited by ArpeGGio

If you guys think being a schizophrenic absolves her from guilt, you are all mistaken. It might take capital punishment off the table, but she will serve at least life in prison without parole.

If you guys think being a schizophrenic absolves her from guilt, you are all mistaken. It might take capital punishment off the table, but she will serve at least life in prison without parole.

I imagine you're right. I don't know that she would ever be able to safely go back out into society.

I agree, Tiger. It doesn't make her innocent, but it is something that really could have been avoided.

:( .................No I agree, her being crazy should not absolve her of this crime. She should be jailed and NEVER be let out EVER!!!

Edited by Benji

The person that concerns me most is the father. He is very angry because of the situation. He actually wants her to die because of what she did. How much that would affect a jury, I am uncertain though.

Edit to add: Because she stabbed herself, she KNEW what she did was wrong. In order for someone to be able to use a plea of insanity, it must be proven that at the given time, they were incapable of discerning right from wrong. Attempted suicide afterward shows that she knew what she did was wrong.

Edited by Tiger

This occurred in Texas where people are very rarely found unfit to stand trial.

Texas will give you meds just to get you rational enough to know that they are about to execute you.

I agree she should stay locked up somewhere. Should be a mental institue.

Found this on another board site.

Andrea Yates drowned her five children in her Houston-area home

Lisa Ann Diaz also drowned her children in the bathtub

Dena Schlosser killed her 10-month-old in her Plano home by slicing off the baby's arms

Deanna LaJune Laney, a Texas woman, was accused today of fatally beating her children with rocks

Gilberta Estrada of Fort Worth, Texas hangs herself and her 3 children in her home

Dee Etta Perez shot her three children ranging from ages 4-10 before killing herself

Edited by Drewbie

I agree she should stay locked up somewhere. Should be a mental institue.

Found this on another board site.

Andrea Yates drowned her five children in her Houston-area home

Lisa Ann Diaz also drowned her children in the bathtub

Dena Schlosser killed her 10-month-old in her Plano home by slicing off the baby's arms

Deanna LaJune Laney, a Texas woman, was accused today of fatally beating her children with rocks

Gilberta Estrada of Fort Worth, Texas hangs herself and her 3 children in her home

Dee Etta Perez shot her three children ranging from ages 4-10 before killing herself

Cheery! :(

Those stories are always ridiculously sad. I remember hearing a couple others that, unless I'm mistaken (and I could be), involved effectively cooking babies - one in the oven and another in the microwave. Either way, these mothers are psycho.