Best Halloween costume you ever saw.

In college the biggest party of the year was the costume Halloween Ball. Remember the Pillsberry Dough Boy. He came once with his Pillsberry girfriend or was it boyfriend. It was hard... to tell. One year Snoopy came wearing a WWI bi-plane. He couldn't get in the door. But he had great time singing out on the lawn. "Don't Cry For Me Halloweenia." The Mona Lisa came. Mickey and Minnie came. A bunch of bananas came and split. I have never been to a better party. It was held in an old theatre.

For me Halloween isn't about trick or treat or candy. It's about the festival of Samhuinn, my favourite festival of all. It's about the time between times when the veil between the worlds is thin and the dead walk among the living. My favourite Halloween constume was the simple robe I wore when I was initiated into the Dridic mysteries on 31 October 1987 (OMG was it REALLY that long ago). That night will stay with me for the rest of my life. I partook in a ritual which was at the same time terrifying and more uplifting and inspiring than any I had done before. I travelled more than 200 miles to place myself entirely and intimately in the hands of complete strangers and I experienced nothing but kindness, wisdom and support. It was when I was most truly the fool and jumped off the cliff. I have never looked back smile.gif

Heh... brightly leather clad "naughty angels" :) Me and my friends paid a small fortune, but it was worth it. We had the guy's costumes picked out as well, but they really wouldn't wear them... they were our "slaves" had daisy dukes and dog chains... that matched our colors.. sigh spoil sports.

It's about the festival of Samhuinn, my favourite festival of all. It's about the time between times when the veil between the worlds is thin and the dead walk among the living.

Same here. It's one of the most important holidays in my religion.

Still, I have fun by dressing up and going to haunted carnivals. I'm going as Jiminy Cricket this year. :)

A couple of years before Katrina, in the lobby of the "Roosevelt" Hotel in New Orleans, a guy with an incredible body, covered with skimpy briefs and glitter, and wearing a crown of peacock feathers. If you're reading this, you were fantastic!

• 10 months later...

:ph34r: i got creative my last year i was able to go trick or treating.

I dressed as the ring girl and it bugged me to know end that people kept thinking i was that short guy with the wig from the adam's family. but a ten year old boy did recognise me as the ring girl.

I wanna "hang out" with you!

Anytime. Sometimes, I tell you...it's wild.

Those "clothing optional bars" are always fun too. Love to a take newcomer to the city and watch their face when someone comes in and just starts stripping then sits down for a rum & Coke.

A friend of mine went as the one of the old ipod commercial silhouette guys. He dressed in all black, painted all his skin black and borrowed my other friends white ipod and headphones haha. It was pretty sweet if I do say so myself :P