Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Story news; stories about to roll!

Stories? Plural? Yep!

"Circumnavigation" should begin posting within a week. I have some HTML work to finished up, and then it will begin to appear on my site.

Also, the novel "Jake" will be appearing in Premium very soon. :)

Circumnavigation has been underway for a while. I had to get well into it because I needed to see what happened before posting the beginning. (in case changes to the start were required).

Sorry for the very long delay since Changing Lanes wrapped; I never intended for it to be this long!!

CJ :)

I think you will find both stories, Jake and Circumnavigation, some interesting reading.

I agree. While the goat has been out of public view, he has been hard at work. Everyone is in store for a couple of gems.

Thank you, Mike and Jan!

You've solved a worry of mine; I know it is very common for writers, like software developers, to talk about what amounts to vaporware; stuff that really doesn't yet exist. So, naturally, I look at my own posts claiming that "Jake" is complete and that "Circumnavigation" has more than 20 chapters, and I think "Yeah, if I read that from somebody else, I wouldn't beleive it either".

Now, nobody has seen some of the Circumnavigation chapters (they are just raw drafts) but some of my team HAVE seen the first dozen or so chapters of Circumcision and they've seen all of Jake, so hopefully that proves I've actually been writing, not slacking, because they really do exist. :)

(and don't forget, the chapters are a team effort, and my team has been working very hard too!)

Today, I'm doing HTML work, getting the Circumnavigation site ready for upload. It's getting closer. :)

Thank you, Mike and Jan!

You've solved a worry of mine; I know it is very common for writers, like software developers, to talk about what amounts to vaporware; stuff that really doesn't yet exist. So, naturally, I look at my own posts claiming that "Jake" is complete and that "Circumnavigation" has more than 20 chapters, and I think "Yeah, if I read that from somebody else, I wouldn't beleive it either".

Now, nobody has seen some of the Circumnavigation chapters (they are just raw drafts) but some of my team HAVE seen the first dozen or so chapters of Circumcision and they've seen all of Jake, so hopefully that proves I've actually been writing, not slacking, because they really do exist. :)

(and don't forget, the chapters are a team effort, and my team has been working very hard too!)

Today, I'm doing HTML work, getting the Circumnavigation site ready for upload. It's getting closer. :)

Circumcision? I haven't seen that one and am not sure I want to.

Edited by MikeL
  • Site Moderator

Circumcision? I haven't seen that one and am not sure I want to.

Back in the 80's, when I was an orderly in Surgery, I did see a few. And you're right, it's not something that you want to want to see.

• Site Administrator

but some of my team HAVE seen the first dozen or so chapters of Circumcision and they've seen all of Jake, so hopefully that proves I've actually been writing, not slacking, because they really do exist. smile.gif

Does this mean the team helped cut some of the text out of the story lmaosmiley.gif (and I'll leave the 'hard' part alone)

On a serious note CJ, I'm anxiously waiting and I'm sure you'll deliver as you have always done in the past.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Steve cool.gif

:*)

OOps.

Now y'all can see why this is a team effort. I'm very prone to such goofs.

If you think that's good, get team members to tell you about some of my more-notorious goofs. One recent one; A character had to move three suitcases on board in one go, and did so by taking one in each hand. Of course, my team gets overly particular when characters start spouting extra arms and hands, so there ya go.. :)

I also managed to create a new sea; the Editerranean Sea. Editors would have approved of the name, maybe? :)

And yep, I'm working on the new website pages now. All being well, it will be up inside of a week. (Circumnavigation, not circumcision!) :)

• Site Administrator

And yep, I'm working on the new website pages now. All being well, it will be up inside of a week. (Circumnavigation, not circumcision!) smile.gif

That's great news, now I can stop wearing my steel plated cup ohmy.gif .

I know you have a great team behind you, and right now I'm jealous that they have an inside track on the new stories.

On the other hand, I do enjoy being a reader who is shocked repeatedly (I'm a slow learner wink.gif ) with the cliffhangers that we all expect.

Question, Circumnavigation usually refers to sailing around the world. Are we about to start a journey upon the high seas? chris.gif

Edited by wildone
  • Site Moderator

Question, Circumnavigation usually refers to sailing around the world. Are we about to start a journey upon the high seas? chris.gif

I guess you will have to wait and see, you know how the goat likes to use some misdirection.

Question, Circumnavigation usually refers to sailing around the world. Are we about to start a journey upon the high seas?

I guess you will have to wait and see, you know how the goat likes to use some misdirection.

He does indeed. Now I'm beginning to wonder if "circumcision" was actually only a typo. :P

• Site Administrator

He does indeed. Now I'm beginning to wonder if "circumcision" was actually only a typo. tongue.gif

ohmy.gifohmy.gif YIKES ohmy.gifohmy.gif

*Steve runs off to put his steel plated cup back on*

Hey now! I don't use misdirection! Why, that's as alien to me as cliffhangers are!

As for whether or not there will be a circumnavigation of the earth... I'm not sure what I can say without provoking the Anti-spoiler Echidna.

I know I can say that circumnavigation means going around something... so maybe we're talking about the protagonist going around the block? Or around his back yard? 0:)

BTW, Circumnavigation, Like FTL, is part mystery. It can be read as a normal story, or a mystery, reader;s choice.

CJ :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..