B).................Wow, so this was a coming out party! :lol: What are the odds in a small community, at a small gathering, at even a smaller barn dance that many people would come out! That was almost a twilight zone episode in the Castro district!! :lmao: Oh boy, David is in real trouble here!! Does this qualify as an emergency phone call to his uncle? I'm still waiting for the shoe to drop on William! Great chapter, by far the best one! :worship:

NightOwl, that was a really fun chapter! How many people live in that town, because you must of had most of the gay people at that party that night. Posted Image. Candy is going to be interesting to watch in the future chapters. Hopefully Billy can bury the slut in a pile of manure find some way to deal with her before she makes his work even more miserable at that farm. Posted Image

The best part of the chapter is watching how Billy and David interact with each other. I'd be surprised if Ms. Annie isn't a bit suspicious after this chapter. This chapter is one of my favorites, not sure if it beats the first chapter though. Posted Image

Darn, so much for me convoluted ideas as to why Walker doesn't talk! I never imagined it would be that, and his reasoning for is really cute. I agree with Caedus that the best part of that chapter was the interaction between Billy and David. They really have gotten quite close. Of course the end made the even clearer!

I miss read Billy's reaction to Walker and Chris being a couple. At first I just read that he kissed them (automatically thinking in the lips :lol:). I guess the forehead is okay too. hehe

Anyway, great chapter!

Hey Guys, I would have responded sooner but I caught some trouble yesterday, so I hope a mass reply will work.

This was an absolutely enchanting chapter. All I could think of to say was YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabulous. I think Walker is uber cute :) It's a philosphy that many could do with following.. maybe not to his extreme but it's a good basis.

Hello Madam Nephy, I a glad that you stopped in.

I noticed you're review for the chapter, I am glad that you liked. Walker is cute, very very cute...but thats probably not what you meant lol. I'm a fan of Walkers philosphy myself, I've practiced it in minor fashions. Perhaps it is a little unrealistic but I liked the idea so i went with it, I am glad that everyone found it agreeable.

I hope you enjoyed the future chapters as much,

best,

NightOwl

B).................Wow, so this was a coming out party! :lol: What are the odds in a small community, at a small gathering, at even a smaller barn dance that many people would come out! That was almost a twilight zone episode in the Castro district!! :lmao: Oh boy, David is in real trouble here!! Does this qualify as an emergency phone call to his uncle? I'm still waiting for the shoe to drop on William! Great chapter, by far the best one! :worship:

BENJI Dude it's been ages. I'm glad to see you here. I actually considered using *Coming Out Party* as the title but I thought that might be too much of a give away. It does seem a little unrealistic at first blush but you've got to think, David isn't from there, and Chris isn't from the Zenis area like Billy and Walker. I guess to put it Chris would live in the town that corolates with mine, which is about ten to eighteen miles outsider of Zenis. They all just happened to be at the dance together lol.

Yes David is in SOOOO much trouble, and I love every second of it. I think that would be emergancy material but he might not, who knows? William, i hate to say it but it will be a bit longer before he gets resolved. I have so much more planned for him.

Best,

NightOwl

NightOwl, that was a really fun chapter! How many people live in that town, because you must of had most of the gay people at that party that night. Posted Image. Candy is going to be interesting to watch in the future chapters. Hopefully Billy can bury the slut in a pile of manure find some way to deal with her before she makes his work even more miserable at that farm. Posted Image

The best part of the chapter is watching how Billy and David interact with each other. I'd be surprised if Ms. Annie isn't a bit suspicious after this chapter. This chapter is one of my favorites, not sure if it beats the first chapter though. Posted Image

Ceadus, thanks for coming man,

I am glad for you're thoughts on the chapter, i did want it to be funny under the seeming drama. I don't know the population of Zenis but my home town (which you could say is Chris's) had a populationg of over 6.000 as of the 2000 census and is the largest town in Jenning's county. I know that doesn't help much but i'm trying lol. Candy, god I love to hate that chick, and love writing her. I assure you she gets her's in the end. But with a hint, it won't be Billy putting her to rest.

I really did want to take Billy and David's relationship up a little bit with this chapter. i thought the best way would be to make Billy a little more physical, a little more tactile with him. Annie, suspicious? NEVER lol. I am glad this is one of your favorites.

Best,

NightOwl

Darn, so much for me convoluted ideas as to why Walker doesn't talk! I never imagined it would be that, and his reasoning for is really cute. I agree with Caedus that the best part of that chapter was the interaction between Billy and David. They really have gotten quite close. Of course the end made the even clearer!

I miss read Billy's reaction to Walker and Chris being a couple. At first I just read that he kissed them (automatically thinking in the lips :lol:). I guess the forehead is okay too. hehe

Anyway, great chapter!

Ramon, so good to see you again,

Yea I hate to put the kybosh on your speculations, but they had AWESOME merit. I was hoping the reasons for his silence would be a surprise, I really did. The interaction between the boys is my favorite part of this chapter, it's I dunno, endearing.

Yea that scene was something for me to write. I've written Billy to be very tactile with his affections/comradery but I wanted to do something more than just a hug or a handshake. i figured the kiss on the forehead would not only be appropriate but add an element of humor, as well as a sort of sign of Billy's progress.

Best,

NightOwl

I just want thank you all again for stopping and giving me you're thoughts, you know how much I appreciate your feedback.

• Like 1

N.O.

Been working my way through various stories, just finished this one - have to say I wasn't a fan of multiple perspectives - they are all first person POV so it isn't a change in POV - until I read this. The way you handled the switch from David to Billy and back, then tossed in Annie here and there was pretty slick. I think someone commented on William Sr. being totally bad with no redeeming qualities - so I won't go there, I just choose to believe you haven't shown us those good qualities because they haven't come up yet :P .

But I think you did a really nice job of letting us see the main characters though I admit I didn't quite get Chris' background until I read your note, not sure how I missed all that but it didn't affect the story for me either way. The progress for David and Billy was well done, like I said before it is hard to keep switching perspectives and not lose people. Here it was somewhat Brilliant.

Kudos and waiting for the next chapters.

Andy

N.O.

Been working my way through various stories, just finished this one - have to say I wasn't a fan of multiple perspectives - they are all first person POV so it isn't a change in POV - until I read this. The way you handled the switch from David to Billy and back, then tossed in Annie here and there was pretty slick. I think someone commented on William Sr. being totally bad with no redeeming qualities - so I won't go there, I just choose to believe you haven't shown us those good qualities because they haven't come up yet :P .

But I think you did a really nice job of letting us see the main characters though I admit I didn't quite get Chris' background until I read your note, not sure how I missed all that but it didn't affect the story for me either way. The progress for David and Billy was well done, like I said before it is hard to keep switching perspectives and not lose people. Here it was somewhat Brilliant.

Kudos and waiting for the next chapters.

Andy

Hello Andy,

I am glad that you enjoyed my rendition of first person POV, I think it allows for depth to the characters, but thats just me lol. William Sr. has garnered some interest lately with his lack of 'redeeming' qualities. There maybe some in him some place inside of him but then again some people are just evil. We'll have to wait and see.

I tried to balance out the chapters as to who was talking but I'm not surprised you ahd issues with Chris' background it hasn't been very developed until the recent chapter. I'm glad that you liked the development between David and Billy, I've often wondered it didn't take too long to get to this point but that is just how it had to be.

I promise to have the next chapter out to you (and everyone else) as soon as i can.

Best,

NightOwl

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Passble? What planet are you living on? It's fab as usual honey.

For me I think the key issue in this chapter is communication. People talking to each other and making things more simple and more complex. If David and Billy stopped overthinking the situation and talked honestly to each other I think their relationship would be a lot clearer not to mention simpler. They are moving forward though... tiny baby steps but forward nevertheless.

It it pretty obvious that William is pushing Billy towards Candace and there is likely to be fireworks there at some point. The last part of the chapter was so sweet that it made me go Awwwww.

As usual hun I loved it

Hey Yall,

Sorry for the delay, life has been hectic. Indiana Summe CH12 is up and ready though. I hope everyone finds the chapter to be passable, I think it's a good one.

Best,

NightOwl.

Chapter Link,

Indiana Summer CH12 - NightOwl

B)..............Things are getting interesting! David and Billy are heading for the eventual crash with each other, storm brewing will finally spill over with William. Dare he try to lay a hand on either of the boys, I don't think David would think twice about kicking his sorry ass. I think Elder is psychic and possibly psychotic :lmao: Sam is definitively psychotic and overly protective of Billy, the one that got away from her, at least she is warming up to David. Next chapter (counts months :lol:) will be very foretelling. Thanks Nightowl!

Hey Yall,

Sorry for the delay, life has been hectic. Indiana Summe CH12 is up and ready though. I hope everyone finds the chapter to be passable, I think it's a good one.

Best,

NightOwl.

Chapter Link,

Indiana Summer CH12 - NightOwl

NO

I m rather behind in my reading but I found time for this, one of my favorites and while it was worth the wait, it was too bloody long between chapters :P

Nice chapter, I like the development of the two. Billy's 'progress' had the potential to be 'rushed' but you handled it well. He isn't perfectly fine with who he is - a danger some authors might make - but he is trying to get better. I like how his change affects David - in a good way. I really like how David is handling this - clearly he is conflicted - he totally wants to jump Billy yet knows how bad it will end if he does. At first I thought it was all because he really cared about Billy - which he does, but this chapter you really flesh out that he is worried about himself too. Go too far and they will both get hurt. Nice

Candice is a piece of work, just how you meant it. Billy's discomfort at her boobs touch him made me laugh. Written by a gay man for sure is all I will say.

Last - I was going to comment on something via a spoiler but then I realize I read them even when I don't want to know what people thing or I don't want the plot given away so I will comment via PM - just give me credit later if someone else claims to have spotted it first :D

Andy

• Like 1

Hello NightOwl,

Well, I have to agree with Andy, totally worth the wait, but yeah it was a long one :P. I had to go back and read the chapter before it again, just to settle myself into the story. Sometimes that annoys me, but I can't really complain this time because damn, you write so well, it was a pleasure to read a second time, too. And I also have to say, YAY, although it was only one chapter is was a nice long one. :D

Okay, my absolutely favorite thing you are doing with this at the moment is the developing relationship between Billy and David reflected in the horse's behavior toward David. It's some nice imagery and symbolism--Billy is as wild, lost, hurt, confused as Elder, but slowly learning how to trust and accept and give closeness.

Also, music is a wonderful thing. Adds so much to the emotion of a piece, I really liked the scene where Billy's playing the violin for David.

I'm not usually a fan of flashbacks, but this worked well here.

Ohhh, Sam has SUCH spirit and determination (haha, I wanted to use another word there, but Urban Dictionary tells me is has a meaning that just may be a little vulgar here.) Anyway, yeah, I find her quite attractive, I like how you show us her character.

Candice on the other hand, she's, well, highly embarrassing. She definitely has an 'ick' factor, but I have a feeling there is more to this than meets the eye. Like, you know, she might not all be bad, but actually doing what she's doing for a reason. I have suspicions, as I'm sure you want us to have with the comment that she seemed scared. Well, I'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

(Not too long, I hope. :) ? )

Awesome chapter NightOwl, keep up the fab writing!!!

Anyta

• Like 1

Well although I cant guarantee that my post is going to be as colourful as Anyta's ( :P) , I would like to say I have been loving this story and it has been too long!

All the characters are well rounded and we get to have our 'love to hate' characters as well.

I love the build up that occurred and still is between David and Billy.

You always make me feel something in your stories Owl which is not easy to do so I take my hat off to you :D

Thanks for the story!

(but post more soon!)

• Like 1

Ok just to let everyone know ahead of time I'm going to split up my replies here because the folks who have so far commented left very informative posts that I feel need to be addressed properly, but I don't want it to be jumbled so I am replying first to Nephy and Benjin, then Andy and Agaith and since Anyata has the longest I'm going to reply to her singularly. I mean no offence and EVERYONE's posts are important to me, this just seems simplest.

Passble? What planet are you living on? It's fab as usual honey.

For me I think the key issue in this chapter is communication. People talking to each other and making things more simple and more complex. If David and Billy stopped overthinking the situation and talked honestly to each other I think their relationship would be a lot clearer not to mention simpler. They are moving forward though... tiny baby steps but forward nevertheless.

It it pretty obvious that William is pushing Billy towards Candace and there is likely to be fireworks there at some point. The last part of the chapter was so sweet that it made me go Awwwww.

As usual hun I loved it

Hello Nephy, I am happy to have you in the thread,

I can't help it, I mean it may seem like gold to me but I still sometimes worry that it might be drek, that is one reason i love posting here is because everyone is so honest in their feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the chapter, and like the story.

You're right, that really was the theme in this chapter, communication. Your right, if they were to talk things would be much easier between them, after a fashion, If they were to talk than they both would agree that it is a bad idea for them to become involved with each other and would resolve to keep things strictly platoic. The bad thing about that is though they neither of them want it to be strictly platonic. So they don't talk about it, they dance around the subject trying to find a happy medium, where they can be close enough to satisfy that desire, without hurting each other in the process because for the momment neither of them believe they can last long term.

It is obvious what William is doing, but I wonder if it is obvious WHY he is doing it? We will see lol. The last part of the chapter it a sweet one. I figured it was about someone declared their love, even if it was just in thought forms.

I am glad that you loved the chapter, I love that you do.

Best,

NightOwl

B)..............Things are getting interesting! David and Billy are heading for the eventual crash with each other, storm brewing will finally spill over with William. Dare he try to lay a hand on either of the boys, I don't think David would think twice about kicking his sorry ass. I think Elder is psychic and possibly psychotic :lmao: Sam is definitively psychotic and overly protective of Billy, the one that got away from her, at least she is warming up to David. Next chapter (counts months :lol:) will be very foretelling. Thanks Nightowl!

Hey Benji, you know how much I love seeing you here,

Things are getting interesting I agree, and they will get more interesting lol. Your clairvoyance is right on target as well, I am sure both of your ideas will come to pass, eventually lol. It would be interesting to see what would happen if William tried to hurt one of the boys, we might ahve to explor that possibility lol. Psychic horses...an interesting concept, he isn't really psychotic, he's just...missunderstood? Sam is though, totally nutso but in a wonderful way. Billy didn't really get away from her, he is still there after all and they are 'family' like before. Beside we don't have to worry about Sam's love life for much longer.

I promise I will have the next chapter out as soon as I can,

Your welcome and Best Wishes,

Nightowl

• Like 3

Ok all here is Andy's and Agaith's replies lol.

NO

I m rather behind in my reading but I found time for this, one of my favorites and while it was worth the wait, it was too bloody long between chapters :P

Nice chapter, I like the development of the two. Billy's 'progress' had the potential to be 'rushed' but you handled it well. He isn't perfectly fine with who he is - a danger some authors might make - but he is trying to get better. I like how his change affects David - in a good way. I really like how David is handling this - clearly he is conflicted - he totally wants to jump Billy yet knows how bad it will end if he does. At first I thought it was all because he really cared about Billy - which he does, but this chapter you really flesh out that he is worried about himself too. Go too far and they will both get hurt. Nice

Candice is a piece of work, just how you meant it. Billy's discomfort at her boobs touch him made me laugh. Written by a gay man for sure is all I will say.

Last - I was going to comment on something via a spoiler but then I realize I read them even when I don't want to know what people thing or I don't want the plot given away so I will comment via PM - just give me credit later if someone else claims to have spotted it first :D

Andy

I am glad that I.S is one of your favorite's it means a lot to hear that.

I am glad that you like the chapter and the development between David and Billy. Billy's progress is one of the main reasons for the slowness of the development between thier relationship (the other I address in my post to Nephy). I didn't want to rush Billy's progress or make it seem like ever aspect of his issue was taken care of and wrapped up perfectly because it isn't realistic. Of course his change is going to affect David, it is directly tied to his interevention in Billy's life lol.

I really wanted David to be conflicted, he came out the Templetons a little full of himself, a little self centered but essentially a good person, I wanted his personality to be changed by helping Billy; his conflict stemming from his desire to get what he wants, ( a relationship with Billy) and do what's right for Billy, (staying out of a relationship with him lol). David doesn't want to be hurt anymore than he wants Billy to be hurt, which I really think speaks to the progress he has made himself.

Billy's discomfort with Candy's brests, honestly I can't say where that came from. Yes I'm a gay man but I have no issues with breasts or indeed the nude female form, i can appreciate the beauty that nature built into it, it's just not for me lol.

I will let you know on that spoiler.

Best,

Nightowl

Well although I cant guarantee that my post is going to be as colourful as Anyta's ( :P) , I would like to say I have been loving this story and it has been too long!

All the characters are well rounded and we get to have our 'love to hate' characters as well.

I love the build up that occurred and still is between David and Billy.

You always make me feel something in your stories Owl which is not easy to do so I take my hat off to you :D

Thanks for the story!

(but post more soon!)

Hey Agaith, glad to see you here,

I am glad you love the story and you're right it has been too long, I promise i am working on that. I love to hear someone comment on my characterter development because that is a point that I always worry about. I promise that build if leading to an explosion and I promise it will be a good one.

I am glad I make you feel something, especailly since it seems to be rare,

best,

NightOwl

• Like 3

Hello NightOwl,

Well, I have to agree with Andy, totally worth the wait, but yeah it was a long one :P. I had to go back and read the chapter before it again, just to settle myself into the story. Sometimes that annoys me, but I can't really complain this time because damn, you write so well, it was a pleasure to read a second time, too. And I also have to say, YAY, although it was only one chapter is was a nice long one. :D

Okay, my absolutely favorite thing you are doing with this at the moment is the developing relationship between Billy and David reflected in the horse's behavior toward David. It's some nice imagery and symbolism--Billy is as wild, lost, hurt, confused as Elder, but slowly learning how to trust and accept and give closeness.

Also, music is a wonderful thing. Adds so much to the emotion of a piece, I really liked the scene where Billy's playing the violin for David.

I'm not usually a fan of flashbacks, but this worked well here.

Ohhh, Sam has SUCH spirit and determination (haha, I wanted to use another word there, but Urban Dictionary tells me is has a meaning that just may be a little vulgar here.) Anyway, yeah, I find her quite attractive, I like how you show us her character.

Candice on the other hand, she's, well, highly embarrassing. She definitely has an 'ick' factor, but I have a feeling there is more to this than meets the eye. Like, you know, she might not all be bad, but actually doing what she's doing for a reason. I have suspicions, as I'm sure you want us to have with the comment that she seemed scared. Well, I'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

(Not too long, I hope. :) ? )

Awesome chapter NightOwl, keep up the fab writing!!!

Anyta

Hey Anyta, first off let me go on record as saying NO POST IS TOO LONG lol. I know it annoys folks when it takes me so long to update, all i can really say is that I am trying my best to be more consistant in my posting habits, it is something that is CONSTANTLY on my mind.

I am glad that you enjoy how I use Elder in the story, as much as I love to bring him into I worry that folks might find his addition and behavior to be unrealistic. It really isn't the longer a horse and it's trainer are together the closer they will become. They are a good mirror for each other though, they share much the same issues. Elder isn't gay but he is mistrustful (the reason for which will be explained in the next chapter BTW)

Billy's music was actually the first thing about this story that I developed in my head before writing it. I wanted it to become a real outlet for Billy's feelings, his anger and confusion and worry. We'll see more of it soon. The scene where he is playing for David i wanted to reminicent of a love scene, I there to be an intimacy in that moment between the two of them. I don't know if it came through like that or not but it was still a good scene.

The flashback, i am glad it seems to have been well recieved because I worried it might not be clear that it was a flashback, i didn't want that confusion in there.

Sam I wanted to be a cross between an over protective big sister and a mother where Billy is concerned, the only person who knows more about Billy than her is David, initially she was mena toward him because she saw him as usurping her position. I am glad you like how I show here character and you REALLY need to email me that word you were considering using because I am curious lol.

There is more to Candy than meets the eye, but I can't say if that is good or bad lol. We'll see though I promise.

I will do my best to get back to I.S as soon as i can.

best,

NightOwl

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Read it again.. and loved it all over again.. :) waiting for the Next chapter for quite some time now... from Oct I think.. :P

I know u are doing your best and really really dont wanna rush you.. but... well.... the heart wants the heart wants.. and mine does want more of IS! :) so please.. Please try to post a little more soon.. :)

Watch Out N.O. When Frosty is on your tail feathers ain't no resting til you give her what she wants - trust me. :whistle:

:P Andy...

I'm not THAT bad!! :P or maybe I am... but u shouldnt warn people abt me.. Let them find out for themselves.. Abt the patient Angel that i am.. Posted Image

BTW, N.O. do u need help?? umm... Beta reading?? :P I'm good at that (I think)... u know?? :P:P

BTW, N.O. do u need help?? umm... Beta reading?? :P I'm good at that (I think)... u know?? :P:P

Back down Icy Girl, :angry: Momma Rush is his Beta/Editor, but I get next dibs if he needs some extra help. You have enough first reads, leave some for the rest of us. <_<

Besides, N.O. I won't pressure you like the winter queen will to write faster. -_-

B)................... Hmmm, not sure we have heard the last from Candance, I don't think she will take kindly to Billy rebuffing her attempts. In fact I suspect she may cause problems for Billy and David by snooping around. Will she tell William what she suspects or finds out? I think things are coming to a real showdown soon.

In a if William attacks Billy scenario, all kinds of things can unfold here, what if the mom gets involved? I'm not sure if she can restrain him, will David come to the rescue? Or will Walker take William out in one punch?

Great chapter, but things are going to unravel real soon!

Edited by Benji

Hey Guys, I want to thank you three for stopping in. it means lot to me. i am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. We've had a lot of snow days here so when that happens i get to play daddy and with my three *kids* its impossibe to use a computer lol.

Read it again.. and loved it all over again.. :) waiting for the Next chapter for quite some time now... from Oct I think.. :P

I know u are doing your best and really really dont wanna rush you.. but... well.... the heart wants the heart wants.. and mine does want more of IS! :) so please.. Please try to post a little more soon.. :)

Hey Frosty, good to see you again.

I promise I AM working on 13 as fast/often as I can. I'm having to deal with a lot of distractions and issues that I really shouldn't be having to mess with but eh its my lot in life. I do hope to have the new chapter out soon though, within a week or so, if not sooner.

Best,

Owl

Back down Icy Girl, :angry: Momma Rush is his Beta/Editor, but I get next dibs if he needs some extra help. You have enough first reads, leave some for the rest of us. Posted Image

Besides, N.O. I won't pressure you like the winter queen will to write faster. -_-

lol Hey Quonus

Be nice to Frosty, she is just offering her help and assitance. But i must agree if I need extra help it'll probably be down to you. (no offense Frosty but Quonus and I have already worked together) but Frosty would be on my list to.

B)................... Hmmm, not sure we have heard the last from Candance, I don't think she will take kindly to Billy rebuffing her attempts. In fact I suspect she may cause problems for Billy and David by snooping around. Will she tell William what she suspects or finds out? I think things are coming to a real showdown soon.

In a if William attacks Billy scenario, all kinds of things can unfold here, what if the mom gets involved? I'm not sure if she can restrain him, will David come to the rescue? Or will Walker take William out in one punch?

Great chapter, but things are going to unravel real soon!

hey Benji, you know I love it when you stop in..

I'll give yall a hint, you haven't heard the last of Candy. But i can't tell you what is going to happen to her. I really liked the scene where Billy stood up to her myself, it was a joy to write. I love the fact that you have such strong suspisions about the story, and I love to hear them.

I swear yall I am working as fast as I can, I hate the fact that I missed my original dead-line but i hope to be done soon.

Best,

Owl.

Back down Icy Girl, :angry: Momma Rush is his Beta/Editor, but I get next dibs if he needs some extra help. You have enough first reads, leave some for the rest of us. <_<

:P Hush Andy! why do u have to give out my secret intentions?? :o why?? :P

lol Hey Quonus

Be nice to Frosty, she is just offering her help and assitance. But i must agree if I need extra help it'll probably be down to you. (no offense Frosty but Quonus and I have already worked together) but Frosty would be on my list to.

Thank N.O. and no offence taken.. ;)

and some more :P andy! U ruined it! <_<

Hello All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am working on Indiana summer ch13. I hope to ahve it done soon. I have also made some changes to chapter 3,4, and 10. It isn't anything vital to the story line. just some corrections on horse keeping that we pointed out to me. I only mention them cause I know some folks go back and re-read when I am taking too long to get a new chapter out.

best,

Owl

• 2 weeks later...