• Site Moderator

I'm thinking that Sam may have had her suspicions and some feelings toward Billy. Once she gets over her shock, I'm sure she'll be back as her usual bitchy self.

As for Candy, I was glad to see her get politely told she wasn't welcome there while her 'boys' are working.

B).................. Great chapter! Although I'm a little perplexed at Sam, she seemed to have already known, but she reacted as if she had no inkling! I guess is that she was in love with him and was doing her own denial. Candice, decisions, decisions..... float by boat or have a row with Sam?? Looking forward to more! I'm sure the fireworks are coming up.

It was a fantastic chapter. Well worth the wait regardless of my previous moments of insanity.

I think Sam was aware of someone being gay, but it wasn't Billy. It was Walker. I think that Sam was blindsided when he came out to her. But yes, the next chapter, if not interrupted, will start with a passionate kiss. At least I'm hoping so. And perhaps just before the but-heads heart attack. He is such an evil person. Well fleshed to the point where you want to skin him in one inch pieces with a rusty potato peeler. Or maybe deflesh him with the rough side of a cheese grater.

But I think we will see a little sneaking off yet to cum.:great:

Well Done Nightowl.

It was a fantastic chapter. Well worth the wait regardless of my previous moments of insanity.

I think Sam was aware of someone being gay, but it wasn't Billy. It was Walker. I think that Sam was blindsided when he came out to her. But yes, the next chapter, if not interrupted, will start with a passionate kiss. At least I'm hoping so. And perhaps just before the but-heads heart attack. He is such an evil person. Well fleshed to the point where you want to skin him in one inch pieces with a rusty potato peeler. Or maybe deflesh him with the rough side of a cheese grater.

But I think we will see a little sneaking off yet to cum.:great:

Well Done Nightowl.

B)............. Errr! I don't think so, if you re-read the convo between Walker and Sam, she is clearly thinking that Billy is the gay one. And after re-reading it myself, I've concluded that she only loved him as a brother.

Hmm but it could be a cover. There's clearly something up. Knowing what she does about Billy and his cutting there is no way she would have done that just because he's gay especially when she pretty much knew it anyway. I can't think of any reason she would have done that unless she was in love with him... but then again I'm not the author and NightOwl is a tricky little devil :)

Wow you guys rock, five people in one day to reply to, I REALLY need to get on the ball lol. In lieu of me doing so though I hope you can accept a mass reply.

I really had fun editing this chapter. It deals with so much emotion coming from Sam and Billy and at the end with David also. David's gonna have to work double time with appeasing Billy's heart break.

Candace is so annoying I also wanted to throw a hay bale on her poofed up hair! Posted Image

Lady Rush Be honest, when haven't you had fun editing my chapters?' I think you have more fun editing them then i do even writing them, it that is possible. David does have his work cut off for him now doesn't he? It begs the question though, does Billy want his help anymore, will he accept Davids appologies?

Candace, i am so glad no one likes her, I would have to re-write her entire personality, make her more offensive lol. I really did toy with the idea of hay bale hitting her in some manner, from a true accident to David being passive agressive and *accidentally* smacking her with it but int he end I decided against it.

Thanks for stopping Momma.

Posted Image.................. Great chapter! Although I'm a little perplexed at Sam, she seemed to have already known, but she reacted as if she had no inkling! I guess is that she was in love with him and was doing her own denial. Candice, decisions, decisions..... float by boat or have a row with Sam?? Looking forward to more! I'm sure the fireworks are coming up.

Hey Benji, good to see you again. I am gladd you enjoyed the chapter. Sam, her reaction is perplexing isn't it? There is a different between a firm suspicion and confirmation. perhaps that's why she

reacted that way, perhaps not. We'll have to wait and find out. Candace...I have so many plans for Candace, some not so pleasent. I hope everyone enjoys what happens with her in the end. Fireworks are indeed on their way.

Thanks for coming by Benji.

I'm thinking that Sam may have had her suspicions and some feelings toward Billy. Once she gets over her shock, I'm sure she'll be back as her usual bitchy self.

As for Candy, I was glad to see her get politely told she wasn't welcome there while her 'boys' are working.

Hey TalonRider, I'm glad you've stopped by. I don't think sam really knows the extent of her feelings for Billy, there is indeed some confusion there, but how much? Anyone's guess. I assure you though old bitchy Sam will be back before too long.

Annie, you got to love her, David's not the only one who can see through the wonderfully cheap exterior. She's got a strong attatchment to David, it will be showed in the next chapter that she wasn't even really aware she had spoke about David like that, like he hadn't meant to call her Mom.

Thank's for coming in, letting me know your thoughts.

But I think we will see a little sneaking off yet to cum.Posted Image

Well Done Nightowl.

Hey Ricky, glad you've stopped by. Like I said before Sam's motivations are...scewed, but we'll get a full break down shortly. A kissing scene as the start of the next chapter, i am not sure I can pull that off with what is planned for it, but I'll consider it. Heart attack for William Sr...that play a role later, but I have other plans in lay for him, funner, more tragic plans.

Sneaking off, well if you're refering to what I think you're refering to I can't give any details away as to that, sorry :(

Thanks for stopping in.

Hmm but it could be a cover. There's clearly something up. Knowing what she does about Billy and his cutting there is no way she would have done that just because he's gay especially when she pretty much knew it anyway. I can't think of any reason she would have done that unless she was in love with him... but then again I'm not the author and NightOwl is a tricky little devil Posted Image

Nephy, so good to hear from you, as always.

Sam, i really seem to have brought something up with her haven't I? I just hope everyone is pleased with her explination in the next chapter. I am tricky devil, I am glad someone has finally taken notice of thatPosted Image and of course it would be you who did so lol.

Thanks for stopping In Nephy, i am glad to see you.

I want to thank all of you for stopping and giving me you're thoughts, feedback is the life blood after all Posted Image

Best Wishes and Thanks to you all,

NightOwl

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know all know that Indiana Sumemr Ch10 is up. I hope you all enjoy it. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Link

Indiana Summer Ch10

Best,

Nightowl

B)................ Damn Sam is a real bitch!!!! Her friendship with Billy is very complicated! Billy standing up to his dad was a major stance, one that I hope he continues. What is up with his dad? Maybe someone should tell him to take that stick out of his ass. David's uncle visiting may shake things up, especially if William gets wind that Uncle Scott is gay! Looking forward to more! Great chapter.

A delicious chapter. I had to go back and read 9 again to remember what was happening. An awesome chapter.

A little scary. His dad doesn't seem like the type to allow ANYONE to get over on him. I suspect the violin will have a nice funeral. Just before all hell breaks loose.

I only got to listen to it a little bit because I was doing sound for some has been ball player named Ken Harvey who was a great motivational speaker but it took him for ever to get that concept of barbarism in sports, you know, "give them the ball and they won't hurt ya" but now that he is retired and worth millions I think he got it. Really nice guy but he was messing up the important reading I was trying to do.

So more just after I do it again.:2thumbs:

Great chapter, Night Owl. I really loved the way Billy stood up to William and how protective the guys were toward Billy.I can't wait to see what happens when Uncle Scott comes to visit. And I know Sam will come around. Sometimes we know something in our heart, but it is still a shock to hear it. I love this story and all your stories.

Hey all, sorry it's taken me so long to get ehre, I've been dealing with Strep lately and it's been draining my life force. i hope you don't mind a mass reply.

B)................ Damn Sam is a real bitch!!!! Her friendship with Billy is very complicated! Billy standing up to his dad was a major stance, one that I hope he continues. What is up with his dad? Maybe someone should tell him to take that stick out of his ass. David's uncle visiting may shake things up, especially if William gets wind that Uncle Scott is gay! Looking forward to more! Great chapter.

Sam isn't really a bitch...she's just bitchy lol. In all honesty what friendship ISN'T complicated on some level...her's and Billy's is just a little more so lol. I wanted there to be a point in the story that really showed how well Billy was doing rather then just talking about it. It will keep up...to an extent at least. Dad...The stick is the least of William's problems, in reality it would probably just make matters worse. Uncle Scott will stir things up...but we'll have to see as to what extent. Uncle Scott being gay..that's an angle I hadn't considered....I could play with that lol. I'll have more out to you as soon as I can.

A delicious chapter. I had to go back and read 9 again to remember what was happening. An awesome chapter.

A little scary. His dad doesn't seem like the type to allow ANYONE to get over on him. I suspect the violin will have a nice funeral. Just before all hell breaks loose.

I only got to listen to it a little bit because I was doing sound for some has been ball player named Ken Harvey who was a great motivational speaker but it took him for ever to get that concept of barbarism in sports, you know, "give them the ball and they won't hurt ya" but now that he is retired and worth millions I think he got it. Really nice guy but he was messing up the important reading I was trying to do.

So more just after I do it again.:2thumbs:

Hey Ricky, sorry for making you have to go backa nd re-read, I'll work on going faster. I am glad you were so saited with the chapter though. It is quite scary isn't William ISN'T the type to let someone get one over on him; we'll get back to that later. Though I promise you the violin WILL NOT be having a firey funeral.

I'm sorry about your issues with Mr. Harvey, I'm happy to hear that he got the point.

Great chapter, Night Owl. I really loved the way Billy stood up to William and how protective the guys were toward Billy.I can't wait to see what happens when Uncle Scott comes to visit. And I know Sam will come around. Sometimes we know something in our heart, but it is still a shock to hear it. I love this story and all your stories.

Hello Lin, good to see you.

I am glad that you loved the chapter. Billy standing up to William was the highest point in the chapter I think, I'm glad it's been so well recieved. The boys standing up for Billy...well I had to induldge my overly protective nature there; it's something I would do. Uncle Scott...seems everyone is looking forward to that.. i do hope I won't dissapoint with that. Sam will come around...eventually. I understand about the shock, I've been there lol. I'm glad you are fan, I enjoy hearing from you.

Thank you all for stopping in and giving me you're thoughts, you know how much that means to me.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

• Like 1

Hey all, sorry it's taken me so long to get ehre, I've been dealing with Strep lately and it's been draining my life force. i hope you don't mind a mass reply.

Hey Ricky, sorry for making you have to go backa nd re-read, I'll work on going faster. I am glad you were so saited with the chapter though. It is quite scary isn't William ISN'T the type to let someone get one over on him; we'll get back to that later. Though I promise you the violin WILL NOT be having a firey funeral.

I'm sorry about your issues with Mr. Harvey, I'm happy to hear that he got the point.

Hi Night Owl, Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Strep is a non-haloduric. It can't live in a salt environment. That old wives tail about gargling with salt water is quite true. The more you gargle, the faster it goes away and stops hurting.

Ken Harvey was a fantastic speaker and I certainly had no bad issues with him. The rest was a joke regarding giving them the ball. He laughed.

No worries about going back to re-read. Yours are worth reading several times. And I probably will.

I naturally thought the uncle was gay! You mean he wasn't? He seamed so flamboyant. Oh wouldn't he just shit if he showed up in a pink seersucker sunsuit with a wide brimmed straw hat with fake yellow daisies on it. OMG too funny to think about.

Glad the violin will be safe. He could hock it and only retrieve it when his wife threatens to leave him over it. Hey! What if the uncle had relations with William when they were kids and that is why he is so against gays now. He felt like a spurned lover.

Ok, down evil self, down. :wacko:

Get better and thanks for a great chapter.

Hi Night Owl, Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Strep is a non-haloduric. It can't live in a salt environment. That old wives tail about gargling with salt water is quite true. The more you gargle, the faster it goes away and stops hurting.

Ken Harvey was a fantastic speaker and I certainly had no bad issues with him. The rest was a joke regarding giving them the ball. He laughed.

No worries about going back to re-read. Yours are worth reading several times. And I probably will.

I naturally thought the uncle was gay! You mean he wasn't? He seamed so flamboyant. Oh wouldn't he just shit if he showed up in a pink seersucker sunsuit with a wide brimmed straw hat with fake yellow daisies on it. OMG too funny to think about.

Glad the violin will be safe. He could hock it and only retrieve it when his wife threatens to leave him over it. Hey! What if the uncle had relations with William when they were kids and that is why he is so against gays now. He felt like a spurned lover.

Ok, down evil self, down. :wacko:

Get better and thanks for a great chapter.

Thanks for the advice Ricky, I've been using salt water for a few days, under my grandmothers orders. That with my anit-bi's I'm doing very nicely.

thanks for the kind words, I myself have a tendancy to re-read a good book/story several times myself.

I admit I never considered making Uncle Scott gay, it just never occured to me. He comes off flamboyant because he's...well not immature but he's easy going, carefree and MAYBE a little Metro. I think if he showed up dressed like that william would shoot him...and I have plans for Scott.

I can't make such a big deal about the violin and then tourch it...that would be cruel...I'll just find some other nerve to prick if need be. i can't have Annie and Willaim in conflict too much...not yet. And NO I can't have William and Scott being a ONS lol, as interesting at that sounds.

Best,

Nightowl.

• Like 1

OOoh I love the little tantalisers you've thrown us there Owl :) I have never made a secret of the fact that this is my favourite of your stories. I am glad to see that things are looking up for the boys... at the moment. David and Sam were awesome. It was touching to see David try and make things better between them but i wonder if he only made it worse.

William is definitely not one to let anyone get one over on his especially Billy. I am thinking he is going to get back at him through his horse, Elder. It feels as if that if not the violin woud be the way to hurt him the most and Wiliam has a grudge against Elder anyway.

I think that Seth is going to make an appearance at some point and there is going to be total core meltdown. Can't wait for it.

Both David and Billy are growing as characters and they are both very strong deep down. I dont think the fact that he has broken down makes him weak. Sometimes people who are weak bend and therefore endure... like the reed in the wind. The strong who stand up straight get broken. I hope David can help him mend. It seems he is well on his way but I have a feeling that the wind has only just started blowing.

ooo! I forgot about Elder. Another Achilles Heel. :unsure:

I can see a lot of places to really want to see William :pissed: get his come-uppens. :2hands:

I think Walker should just offer to break him in half. <_< But I'm really waiting for him to speak. :o And I think I know what he'll have to say as soon as he finds out that Billy is gay. :wub::hug:

• 1 month later...

Just read through it again. Like you said, the good ones are worth more than a few good reads. Be sides that, my spidey sense tells me that perhaps there is a chapter coming.

I think the planet alignment must be getting back in the right places because I'm really getting the itch to do some serious wordsmithing again myself.

Just as good this time.

Hey Ricky,

I'm glad that you liked the story your second time around. I am currently working on Max and Josh and hoping to have it out by next week but Indiana Summer is up right after that. My house guests will be getting gone soon so it will be easier for me to write.

Best,

NightOwl

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Ricky,

I'm glad that you liked the story your second time around. I am currently working on Max and Josh and hoping to have it out by next week but Indiana Summer is up right after that. My house guests will be getting gone soon so it will be easier for me to write.

Best,

NightOwl

Thanks, I shall keep my eyes open for it.

B)

I put down this story after the first time I read through the first few chapters. There's some STARK similarities to my childhood here. My dad was really similar to William Sr, but, you know, he softened. I guess at heart, my dad really is a good guy and just needed the opportunity. I'd love to see some redemption for William Sr. No one's all bad. Maybe even a glimmer? :) Pleeeeease. He's just too easy to hate.

That being said, I just wanted you to know that your story is one of the few that I check the announcements page for EVERY single time I log on.

I put down this story after the first time I read through the first few chapters. There's some STARK similarities to my childhood here. My dad was really similar to William Sr, but, you know, he softened. I guess at heart, my dad really is a good guy and just needed the opportunity. I'd love to see some redemption for William Sr. No one's all bad. Maybe even a glimmer? :) Pleeeeease. He's just too easy to hate.

That being said, I just wanted you to know that your story is one of the few that I check the announcements page for EVERY single time I log on.

Hello Jmac, good to see you,

I am glad to hear that you are back to reading the story, despite the issues it brought up for you. William Sr is indeed very easy to hate but I had to write him that way. I can't guarantee redemption for William, but something of the sort might happen sometime along the lines.

I am glad that you are watching for updates, be looking around the end of next week (if I'm lucky.)

Best,

NightOwl

Redemption just isn't possible for some people in reality. Sometimes a certain viewpoint is so ingrained and reinforced over a lifetime that to see a sudden 180 is unrealistic and highly improbable. I'm not excusing the behavior or actions of people like William Sr., but him not accepting his son would be understandable given the circumstances.

This brings up an issue I have with stories that have this type scenario: A MC(s) with a family with very negative views on homosexuality. I get that people want happy endings, but the way some authors write out those type of situations tend to disregard or at least diminish that internal struggle people have between the love and affection towards the MC and the internal beliefs and prejudices towards homosexuality. Sometimes readers should be left with this being inconclusive at the end of a story because this can take someone years to work out in their head, even if they are trying to be supportive and loving toward the MC. That would be an interesting perspective for a story...

Anyways, I really like this story and it's characters so I'll re read everything when you get a new chapter out!

Redemption just isn't possible for some people in reality. Sometimes a certain viewpoint is so ingrained and reinforced over a lifetime that to see a sudden 180 is unrealistic and highly improbable. I'm not excusing the behavior or actions of people like William Sr., but him not accepting his son would be understandable given the circumstances.

This brings up an issue I have with stories that have this type scenario: A MC(s) with a family with very negative views on homosexuality. I get that people want happy endings, but the way some authors write out those type of situations tend to disregard or at least diminish that internal struggle people have between the love and affection towards the MC and the internal beliefs and prejudices towards homosexuality. Sometimes readers should be left with this being inconclusive at the end of a story because this can take someone years to work out in their head, even if they are trying to be supportive and loving toward the MC. That would be an interesting perspective for a story...

Anyways, I really like this story and it's characters so I'll re read everything when you get a new chapter out!

My dad's an ordained baptist deacon who preached the evils of homosexuality his whole life until his baby boy, the apple of his eye (me) came out to him. He wasn't angry or hateful, just sad. Granted, he didn't speak to me for months, but he slowly came around. SLOWLY came around. My dad's a hard man. He doesn't change easily. He still doesn't approve of my life, but he got over his hardness enough to let me know that he loved me. That's "real life."

Redemption is rarely "sudden," and redeemable characters don't necessarily have to be redeemed, there just has to be the option. Think of the Artful Dodger from Oliver Twist. Did he end up being a complete and total lying, betraying sack of excrement? Yes. Did Dickens show him to be redeemable? Absolutely.

Everyone has a heart, even if you have to dig deep for it. I still have nightmares about the man my father used to be. The man he slowly has become, however, is a man I'm proud to call my father.

• Like 1

My dad's an ordained baptist deacon who preached the evils of homosexuality his whole life until his baby boy, the apple of his eye (me) came out to him. He wasn't angry or hateful, just sad. Granted, he didn't speak to me for months, but he slowly came around. SLOWLY came around. My dad's a hard man. He doesn't change easily. He still doesn't approve of my life, but he got over his hardness enough to let me know that he loved me. That's "real life."

Redemption is rarely "sudden," and redeemable characters don't necessarily have to be redeemed, there just has to be the option. Think of the Artful Dodger from Oliver Twist. Did he end up being a complete and total lying, betraying sack of excrement? Yes. Did Dickens show him to be redeemable? Absolutely.

Where did I say your experiences weren't real life? My post was trying to address how some gay authors minimize the internal struggle people like your dad experiences when a loved one comes out of the closet. Maybe you should re-read my post, because my statement about redemption being "sudden" was directed at the gay stories that I think did a disservice with this subject.

I think were on two completely separate pages if were discussing two separate things.

This was an absolutely enchanting chapter. All I could think of to say was YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabulous. I think Walker is uber cute :) It's a philosphy that many could do with following.. maybe not to his extreme but it's a good basis.