Hey Paya, i'm glad you stopped in, as always.

I am glad decided to respond to the review here, I had hoped you would and I am SOOO very glad you happy to be wrong. Beyond doing some considerable damage to Billy if he were to kiss him or tell him he was gay Davids actions are more of an exercise in...prudance?...Professionalism? I dunno exactly David wants to HELP Billy, not bed him. He doesn't want Billy's way forward to be blocked by puppy love, or a crush.

Yes chapter 8 is written, I finished a couple of weeks ago...and not to rub it in but is my favorite chapter so far lol....It will be out soon I promise.

*Glares threateningly at Momma Rush* Your not supposed to let the cat out of the bag like that...now I am going to have a psycho group of fans *with Paya in the lead* using google maps to find me and kill me lol.

I can't really comment on the rest of your post, I mean its spot on as always lol.

Now, now Paya no dissing Rigby Taylor, he gave me his thoughts and I am very pleased that he was so candid. I am always glad for the review of a friend, and you now how much I love getting your POV lol. *Cowers behind Momma Rush* Lovers Blind will be up in a few days with Indiana Summer sometime after it....I'm not doing it out meanness or to hype up the story...its just been ages since Jake and Zeek have broke the surface...

Well Best wishes, and as always thanks for stoping.

NightOwl

OK, I had so nice answers on this but the damn browser didn't save the data and didn't post it either.

• Site Administrator

Wow, lots of controversy here on the latest chapters of IS. LOL I'm glad you are getting lots of comments and have a good stalker fan base, maybe you'll write more to keep them happy so they don't have to resort to google to shake chapters out of you by force ;)

This latest chapter revealed a lot of the mental states of many of the characters. Annie took on a lot more dimension when you revealed her inner monologue about her decision to stay with William and her last thought, 'I just don't know what to do', really resonated in my opinion. William also seems to be up to something, the sudden shift in his moods are very odd.

The whole interaction between David and Billy, wow. That was an almost heartbreaking moment. You could feel the dust, the moist heat, the struggles they went through when they were arguing after David finally cracked and blew up. Seriously, it was so very vivid, especially when David pressed his chest to Billy's. You could almost sense the break that came to Billy, even though we don't know his mindset. He is so angry, so filled with self-loathing that I think if David were to have tried to say, I'm gay too, outloud and overtly to Billy that he would not have believed it.

Now Billy has to face his issues head on, cutting won't get rid of the pain and the panic that someone now knows his secret. He has to add in the fear that David will slip up and tell or that others will figure it out too. If he had to factor in the fact that David is gay I think it would just create a world of issues he isn't ready to deal with yet. The journey he has to get through is figuring out who he is inside and becoming at ease with that person. If David can help him with that impartially then the time might be ripe for them to move on, right now I think he needs to have a friend much more than a potential boyfriend.

This is a great story overall and a great chapter specifically. You really delved into the characters.

OK, I had so nice answers on this but the damn browser didn't save the data and didn't post it either. Posted Image So right now when I'm pissed off at it I'll just say that you know I will read anything you write ('cause for me you don't write fast enough! Posted Image ) and if we don't have to wait for ch8 of Indiana Summer for a month, I think I'll be allright I guess. More time to stalk you! Posted Image And I really like the friend part that sort of includes me. Posted Image :blush:

Hey Paya,

It sucks that your browser didn't load, I would have LOVED to see what you had to say lol. I am glad you will stick it out and no I don't write fast enough, trust me you are not the only one who thinks so lol. You will not have to wait a month for Indiana Summer 8, I will post Lovers Blind this week and Indiana Summer next week, with luck by then I'll have Max and Josh either done or close to it *if this Sinus infection clears up*

If your gonna stalk me though remember my room is on the second floor lol. It doesn't 'sorta' include you , it MEANS you along with all my other friends here at GA.

Wow, lots of controversy here on the latest chapters of IS. LOL I'm glad you are getting lots of comments and have a good stalker fan base, maybe you'll write more to keep them happy so they don't have to resort to google to shake chapters out of you by force Posted Image

This latest chapter revealed a lot of the mental states of many of the characters. Annie took on a lot more dimension when you revealed her inner monologue about her decision to stay with William and her last thought, 'I just don't know what to do', really resonated in my opinion. William also seems to be up to something, the sudden shift in his moods are very odd.

The whole interaction between David and Billy, wow. That was an almost heartbreaking moment. You could feel the dust, the moist heat, the struggles they went through when they were arguing after David finally cracked and blew up. Seriously, it was so very vivid, especially when David pressed his chest to Billy's. You could almost sense the break that came to Billy, even though we don't know his mindset. He is so angry, so filled with self-loathing that I think if David were to have tried to say, I'm gay too, outloud and overtly to Billy that he would not have believed it.

Now Billy has to face his issues head on, cutting won't get rid of the pain and the panic that someone now knows his secret. He has to add in the fear that David will slip up and tell or that others will figure it out too. If he had to factor in the fact that David is gay I think it would just create a world of issues he isn't ready to deal with yet. The journey he has to get through is figuring out who he is inside and becoming at ease with that person. If David can help him with that impartially then the time might be ripe for them to move on, right now I think he needs to have a friend much more than a potential boyfriend.

This is a great story overall and a great chapter specifically. You really delved into the characters.

You are not wrong Cia, I have gotten a lot of controversy on this chapter. One part of me is happy about it cause that means folks care about my work, while the other part makes me worry; for reasons I have yet to determine.

I'm glad you enjoyed the glimpse into everyone's mental states. It took me a lot longer then I thought it would to bring Annie's inner conflict about staying with William into the story, but it just never seemed to be the right time before now. Her loss for a solution to the situation, for me at least, was really profound. I think every person is at some point in time in a situation that they don't know how to resolve.

William is acting strangely, and he is up to something. I'll be bringing it into more focus after chapter 8 but I am not entirely sure how yet.

I am glad that you found the Barn Scene so vivid. I wanted that scene to be just like you described, a heartbreaking emtional and physical struggle; not just for Billy but for David too. As will be revealed in the next chapter David has made some not so smart choices and while he is afraid that this is another one of those he has a sincere hope and desire to do the right thing for Billy.

We really only saw the first crack in Billy's defenses, the subconscience desire to feel David's body pressed against his battling against the conscience desire to supress the feeling. I don't mean to tease or anything but Billy's full break down and mind-set will be viewed in the next chapter, i hope everyone finds it satisfactory.

Billy doesn't have much choice now but to confront his issues now, now that someone actually knows he'd be torn apart if he kept trying to keep things under control using his current methods, which weren't working so well anymore anyway.

I don't know if you'll like how the next chapter un-folds or not Cia, things deviate a bit from what you have in mind. But I assure you that despite the way i twist things up neither David nor Billy have an interest in persuing a romantic relationship right off the bat. David wants to be what Billy needs, somone who understands, someone who can guide him through his issues and maybe keep him safe from himself...and others. Which above anything else is what Billy is wanting too.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

You are not wrong Cia, I have gotten a lot of controversy on this chapter. One part of me is happy about it cause that means folks care about my work, while the other part makes me worry; for reasons I have yet to determine.

Don't worry! We LOVE this story! :)

• Site Administrator

I don't know if you'll like how the next chapter un-folds or not Cia, things deviate a bit from what you have in mind.

Honestly, hun, as long as it is well written and not implausible I do not anticipate the story having to go just so. I give my impressions, my views on what I think might be in the characters mind-sets and their actions to come but really, the only one who knows that is you. And I promise, I'm never disappointed when I see how your stories turn out. :D

Absolutely. As someone who is often unexpected in their writing (of maybe not any more, now that everyone is used to the way my twisted mind works) I love to see unexpected twists in the plotline... and you never dissapoint hun. I so love this story :)

Hello Everyone,

Chapter 8 of Indiana Summer is up in the efiction section. As of now all of y work here is up to date and I will start the rotation again. I hope you all enjoy this chapter as in my opinion it is one of th best I have I written in this story. Please feel free to let me know what you think.

best Wishes,

NightOwl

Indiana Summer CH08

• Site Administrator

I absolutely loved this chapter. I always really really like them but the way you brought out all of David's compassion for Billy, yet his absolute dedication to making him face what is going on with him was great. He shared a bit of himself as well with the story of his mom, finally letting us know why Annie hits him so hard when she treats him nicely.

I am still wondering what Billy's dad is up to though, seems like he's got something nefarious going on, other than the fact that I just detest him as a character, though he's perfect for a villian. I think Annie is wiser to what is going on around that farm than anyone else knows too! Moms always do.

The swimming scene was great, Billy's making a bit of progress, David feels out Sam's opinons on gay people. The only thing I didn't understand was how Chris knew that David was "trying" to help Billy. That seemed a bit odd. Maybe if it was phrased, that he was here to help him, as in chores. Or maybe I just read into it :D I like the addition of the bimbo... a new character to dislike since Sam is becoming less of a bitch ;)

Lovely work Owl!

I really enjoyed reading this chapter. :) Last time the let out the steam that was accumulated and compressed behind their cool veneers and now it was time to move on. I'm looking forward for the next chapters - and as I made this wise thing and started reading all of the Owl's stories, I can only rejoice at this rotation thing as I'd get my regular dose of Owl no matter what story is being posted!

I absolutely loved this chapter. I always really really like them but the way you brought out all of David's compassion for Billy, yet his absolute dedication to making him face what is going on with him was great. He shared a bit of himself as well with the story of his mom, finally letting us know why Annie hits him so hard when she treats him nicely.

I am still wondering what Billy's dad is up to though, seems like he's got something nefarious going on, other than the fact that I just detest him as a character, though he's perfect for a villian. I think Annie is wiser to what is going on around that farm than anyone else knows too! Moms always do.

The swimming scene was great, Billy's making a bit of progress, David feels out Sam's opinons on gay people. The only thing I didn't understand was how Chris knew that David was "trying" to help Billy. That seemed a bit odd. Maybe if it was phrased, that he was here to help him, as in chores. Or maybe I just read into it Posted Image I like the addition of the bimbo... a new character to dislike since Sam is becoming less of a bitch Posted Image

Lovely work Owl!

Cia, glad you stopped in, as always.

I am glad you loved the chapter, i knew that you would. I needed David to be a hard ass with a heart of gold int his chapter because that is exactly what Billy needs. He need someone who will make him face his issues without throwing them back in his face, someone who will hold his hand through the hard stuff but not do the hard work for him. Davids mom and her actions are pivitol to the story, he had to have lost someone in order for Billy to really trust him since that is his worst fear, loosing the ones he loves over being gay.

William, he certainly is a shady one isn't he, that gets murkier in the next chapter, stay tuned lol. Annie is far wiser then she lets on, which is good, very good, considering that is exactly what she needs right now.

The river scene might have been my favorite in this story, seeing David getting WHOOPED by Sam made the whole scene worth while. I also enjoyed the inter-play between David and Billy lol. I may have worded Chris's part a little offly, it was supposed to show him reading more into Davids actions and words then David wanted him to see.

Bimbo, I love that word, I must make a note to use it later on. I assure you that Sam will never being a bitch, but she is the good kind, She's like Glenda the good Witch while Candy...well she might get squashed by a house later.

Glad you liked Cia, I aim to please.

I really enjoyed reading this chapter. Posted Image Last time the let out the steam that was accumulated and compressed behind their cool veneers and now it was time to move on. I'm looking forward for the next chapters - and as I made this wise thing and started reading all of the Owl's stories, I can only rejoice at this rotation thing as I'd get my regular dose of Owl no matter what story is being posted! Posted Image WIN WIN! Posted Image

Glad you stopped in Paya, I'm happy to see you.

I'm glad you liked the chapter it was a wonderful one for me to write lol. This was a decompressing chapter after all the presure that built up in the last one, chapter 7 was the destruction chapter, while 8 is the re-building, hopefully into something better.

I am glad you are following all my stories, I am always glad for a new level three stalker. Max and Josh is up next in rotation, hope you enjoy.

I'm happy that both of you have stopped in.

best wishes,

NightOwl

Great chapter, hehe, now david and sam has a common enemy ;) , least now billy knows he can go to david for gay things, and great to get things out in the air.

B)............Agreed great chapter, things are moving on well here. Nice to know Sam is an ally, because she makes a formible enemy! :lmao: Interesting, bringing in the 'bimbo' at this point, looks like the 'outing' is now in motion! Still trying to figure out Billy's father, indeed I believe him to be involved in some sort of criminal activity. I guess we will see soon enough!

Made my day to see another chapter of Indiana Summer posted!

Annie said Billy was happy when William was around - wondering what that's about.

William and Chris seem to have a 'close friendship'. Does Chris know why William won't talk? Does anyone?

Unless something goes horribly wrong at the river/pond (water) I would guess Billy might be in a pretty good mood tonight. Wonder what Annie would think of that?

Can't wait for Billy to hug David and not let go!

Annie said Billy was happy when William was around - wondering what that's about.

William and Chris seem to have a 'close friendship'. Does Chris know why William won't talk? Does anyone?

Unless something goes horribly wrong at the river/pond (water) I would guess Billy might be in a pretty good mood tonight. Wonder what Annie would think of that?

I think you have several names confused...

Snickers... Oh yes Owl, bimbo, a very fun word. A big boobied bimbo no less Posted Image LOL

What can i say, I'm easily amused lol. Doesn't one have to have big breasts to be considered a bimbo, I mean isn't that a requirement?

Great chapter, hehe, now david and sam has a common enemy Posted Image , least now billy knows he can go to david for gay things, and great to get things out in the air.

Hey Drewbie, glad to see you again.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I needed something else for them to bond over beside just Billy, besides Candy will be having some later on. Its good Billy has someone he can talk to without fear of reprisal, as I tend to make life a lot harder on the boy as time goes by.

Posted Image............Agreed great chapter, things are moving on well here. Nice to know Sam is an ally, because she makes a formible enemy! Posted Image Interesting, bringing in the 'bimbo' at this point, looks like the 'outing' is now in motion! Still trying to figure out Billy's father, indeed I believe him to be involved in some sort of criminal activity. I guess we will see soon enough!

Hey Benji, glad you stopped in.

I'm glad you like how things are progressing. Sam does make a nice enemy doesn't she, but she is still an imposing figure as a friend lol. The Bimbo, what can I say; life must never be dull lol. Hehe William isn't doning anything illegal, at lest I don't think it is, but it is deffinatly iimmoral and reprehensible. Soon lol.

Hey Jons317,

I'm glad you were happy to see another chapter. I'm with Paya here I think you have some names crossed lol, no worries. 'Annie said Billy was happy when William was around' I couldn't find a line with this commonality in it, but I'll keep looking. and WALKER and Chris do have a close friendship lol and yes Chris knows why Walker won't talk, but the vow of silence won't last much longer I don't think.

to my knowledge nothing goes wrong at the river, i haven't completely decided. I might Jamie de Valen into the story for a bit to drown Candace lol, but then I'd have to have Billy giving her CPR, I need her alive lol. Yes...what will Annie think when Billy comes walking through the door smiling from ear to ear, I have no idea.

lol I'm waiting for that to happy too lol.

I think you have several names confused... Posted Image Anne said Billy was happy when _William_ was around? Posted Image Or David?

But I'm also curious about Walker-Chris relationship....

Yea I was confused too Paya, no worries though.

The Walker Chris relationship, it's interesting.

Thanks yall for dropping in, Best Wishes.

NightOwl

The talk about "bimbos" remind me of something! There's this instrumental song called El Bimbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zci68eVlWNM

that got world-wide recognition being featured in the Police Academy film series as a feature song of the Blue Oyster Bar... ehm... anyone remembers that? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptx74lGDkNs

Edited by paya

WORD. Owl's awful! Poor Billy! Posted Image

Posted Image

And here I was thinking (being a bit malicious Posted Image) old William is going at it with a neighbour in some barn! Posted Image You know, those fiercest homophobes are just deeply in the closet... But to put things "straight" (pun intended Posted Image ), he could bang some old broad... that would be immoral and reprehensible...

Ummm and I have one more question - I was struck by Billy answering to his parents with "Yes Sir" and "Yes Ma'am". When I saw that my first reaction was WTF? Posted Image Is that really common in the US countryside?

OMG I love the Police Academy movies they are some of my favorite lol. I am sorry, but as bad as I make things for Billy I will always counter them with something just as nice. Trust me what William is up to is worse then a cheating spouse, but then I could use that too...maybe lol.

The Ma'am and Sir thing...it's regional but it also depends on the culture and social climate of the area, in my area its mixed. I never grew up calling my family Ma'am or Sir but it is something I have gotten into in recent years, especially with my Grandmother my mother and my aunts. i don't think I have ever called anyone Sir. Int he burbs around here its not really common but with folks who own farms and what not in the out lying county it is. In Billy's case its strange. He calls his mom Ma'am as a show of respect and his father Sir out of fear and intimidation.

I guess its really just depends on the area an dhow you grew up.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl.

It says EXCEPT when Willam was around. That means that he was much happier when David was around but not when William was around... at least I think so. It made perfect sense to me but then... I'm me... a lot of things make perfect sense to me that make no sense at all to anyone else

• Site Administrator

I agree with Nephy. Makes perfect sense. Billy has been happier overall aside from when his father is around, which makes sense cause the guy is a major douche.

I love this story! It is one of my favories on the site, and I am hopelessly addicted to it! Billy is so complex with all of his issues, then you have David who is trying to help him and not fall for him. *sigh* its just awesome. But then in addition to your two wonderful main characters you have Walker who totally intrigues me! I keep waiting to figure out why he doesn't talk! I'm on the edge of my seat.

Hey H.J

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, I've been running behind on a lot of things recently, i hope you can forgive me.

It simply melts my heart to read that IS is one of your favorite stories, it really does, usually I'm not a fan of addiction but in this case I'll make an exception lol. I like the Billy and David dynamic, like I've said before I thought it would not only en elightening experiance but also a fun twist to make the country the scred up in the head one instead of the city boy. David is trying not to fall for Billy, trying and failing lol. Walker...I never really figured folsk would get all into him, but I am glad that they have...although it worries me that when folks find out the reason his silence they might be dissapointed...which will be happening in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Nightowl