HEY.... We females DO NOT do that.... often :P

Oh and Nephyim, Your signature line of "If you never fall you never get to rise."

Does not apply to guys. We rise all the time and the young ones when they least desire it. lol

I did it just to get a "rise" out of ya. :music:

• 2 weeks later...

I now know why some people don't read stories until they are done. I hate abandoned stories and that is what you end up with when you have too many open at once. You get engrossed in the others and then it just fades into oblivion. You can't force it or you just publish filler with no substance. I don't know if you can get back on track with it or not.

Indiana Summer.

Indiana Summer by NightOwl Published: 01/09/2010 Updated: 03/28/2010

Have you noticed that it is now May 15th?

Cheers, Sorry but I'm removing it from my favorites list. Hopefully I can forget about it. :( too bad, it was so good too. I'll still be reading your stories but I won't start another until it is completed.

r

I now know why some people don't read stories until they are done. I hate abandoned stories and that is what you end up with when you have too many open at once. You get engrossed in the others and then it just fades into oblivion. You can't force it or you just publish filler with no substance. I don't know if you can get back on track with it or not.

Indiana Summer.

Indiana Summer by NightOwl Published: 01/09/2010 Updated: 03/28/2010

Have you noticed that it is now May 15th?

Cheers, Sorry but I'm removing it from my favorites list. Hopefully I can forget about it. Posted Image too bad, it was so good too. I'll still be reading your stories but I won't start another until it is completed.

r

I am sorry to hear that you are removing the story from your favorites list, I must indulge myself in saying that seeing that is a huge blow to my pride but I do not intend on trying to persuade you otherwise.

Indiana summer HAS NOT been abandoned in anyway, shape, or form. In fact the newest chapter is already in production and barring anymore drama or family difficulties that have kept me tied up as of late it should be out with the next week and a half, perhaps sooner.

I am sorry that you are discontent about my posting habit's I assure you that I share your sympathies. I have three stories, and i divide my attention and time between them as evenly as possible, Indiana gets it's due just as Max and Josh and Lovers Blind get theirs, I am sorry that life and difficulties sometime's intrude onto my writing time.

Best Wishes,

Nightowl,

P.S It's only the 14th btw.

It's not fair for anyone to jump at an author's throat not knowing what is happening in their daily life.

Are you aware that a member of NightOwl's family has been going in and out of the hospital for the past couple of months and he's had to take care of her 3 children daily and most nights since her husband is driving OTR?

Are you also aware that another member of his family has to have daily care and just a couple of members of the family are available to care for her, him being one of them?

Are you also aware that he does EVERYTHING in his house?

Even with an exhausted mind as he has had for quite some time now he's still writing almost nightly going to bed at ungodly hours and getting up early to start all over again. Sometimes I have to encourage him to stop writing for a couple of nights and rest; a tired/stressed mind can only take so much. But even so, he's still writing, even if he's having the dreaded writer's block in which time I try and help him out of it. Instead of pointing your finger, why not try to encourage him instead? NightOwl and I have been going back and forth with the newest chapter of IS.... It's almost finished.

It's your prerogative to keep up with it or dismiss it.

By the way, He knows I wrote all this, I asked permission before I posted.

Edited by Rush
  • Like 1

Dear NightOwl,

I often get people wanting me to write faster, but they often don't understand the circumstances of my life (or that of any other person posting a live story on line)

Please don't feel bad over the criticism and don't let it get you down. People get frustrated because they want to read more, but they should also understand that we all have lives and things intrude.

When a reader starts reading an unfinished story online they take the chance that they might have to wait. They also take the chance it might never be finished. And sometimes that's out of the hands of the writer.

People often forget that it's a free service. Now days so much is free online we take a lot for granted.

There is a simple solution for the reader: don't read a work until it is finished. You can't be badgering the writer of the story when you don't know the circumstances.

I have loved Indiana Summer and have enjoyed every chapter you have posted. If right now circumstances intervene to make that difficult or impossible so be it. Your not doing it out out of spite or for some malicious reason.

You have my continued support and I will continue to read your work... if that means I must wait a week, a month or a year then so be it. I always have the choice to wait until the work is finished or not read any work that isn't finished.

Please take heart and don't let a negative comment wound you. Your a talented writer and I suspect a sweet and nice person, who doesn't deserve being stomped on. There a lots of people who love what you're doing and support it... and will continue to. Allow me to place my name in the column of those who do and will continue to.

peace

Jamie

• Like 3

You now can breathe easier and won't have to wait a week, a month, let alone a year :P I have the latest chapter and will be editing it ASAP. Oh and.... It Is Fan.Ta.Bu.Lous !!

• Like 1

Thanks Rush, Cia, Jamie. you three haveno idea how much your words mean to me.

To Jamie,

I have no intention of allowing a negative comment get to me, I developed thick skin a lot time ago, it takes a lot to get under my skin. I don't know about being talented, sweet, and nice. I just try to be a good person, a good writer; and hope that it shows through.

To Cia,

He was quiet eloquent wasn't he Posted Image

to Rush,

I am glad that you enjoy my work Momma.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

The only thing badgering an author does is serve to piss them off. If you really like/love a story, you can patiently wait for the author and story. I can tell you first hand about waiting for The Scrolls of Icaria to continue.

What first attracted me to this story was the title. Originally from Indiana, it was natural to read it. I can wait for the next chapter.

Dear NightOwl,

I often get people wanting me to write faster, but they often don't understand the circumstances of my life (or that of any other person posting a live story on line)

Please don't feel bad over the criticism and don't let it get you down. People get frustrated because they want to read more, but they should also understand that we all have lives and things intrude.

When a reader starts reading an unfinished story online they take the chance that they might have to wait. They also take the chance it might never be finished. And sometimes that's out of the hands of the writer.

People often forget that it's a free service. Now days so much is free online we take a lot for granted.

There is a simple solution for the reader: don't read a work until it is finished. You can't be badgering the writer of the story when you don't know the circumstances.

I have loved Indiana Summer and have enjoyed every chapter you have posted. If right now circumstances intervene to make that difficult or impossible so be it. Your not doing it out out of spite or for some malicious reason.

You have my continued support and I will continue to read your work... if that means I must wait a week, a month or a year then so be it. I always have the choice to wait until the work is finished or not read any work that isn't finished.

Please take heart and don't let a negative comment wound you. Your a talented writer and I suspect a sweet and nice person, who doesn't deserve being stomped on. There a lots of people who love what you're doing and support it... and will continue to. Allow me to place my name in the column of those who do and will continue to.

peace

Jamie

Nightowl, They are right. They are all right. Rush, Jamie, you. I was way out of line. A bad day and a foul mood and I took it out on you. I was way wrong and I am so sorry. Please forgive me.

Your writing is superb and well worth the wait. What ever it is. When ever it is.

No worries Ricky. I wasn't angry or upset with you. Life is life, live it, learn from it and move on. I hope you enjoy the new chapter, it will be up tomorrow.

You are better than I deserve. that just isn't like me at all.

Thank you.

Hey Yall.

Indiana Sumemr chapter 9 is up in the efiction section. i actually got it done a lot sooner then I thought I would, which is pretty cool. I hope you all enjoy the chapter, I know Rush did lol.

Let me know what you think, the link is below

Best Wishes

nightOwl.

Indiana Summer CH09

I really had fun editing this chapter. It deals with so much emotion coming from Sam and Billy and at the end with David also. David's gonna have to work double time with appeasing Billy's heart break.

Candace is so annoying I also wanted to throw a hay bale on her poofed up hair! :devil:

• Like 1
B).................. Great chapter! Although I'm a little perplexed at Sam, she seemed to have already known, but she reacted as if she had no inkling! I guess is that she was in love with him and was doing her own denial. Candice, decisions, decisions..... float by boat or have a row with Sam?? Looking forward to more! I'm sure the fireworks are coming up.