• Site Administrator

It was a great first chapter Owl. I really liked the setting, country and farms and southern style just seem...homey to me. You certainly describe Billy as one hunky guy and I love how David's preconceptions are already being challenged. He started out the chapter so dismal about his new situation but seemed to have some hope by the end. I think that he gets there is much more going on under the surface between Billy and his father but has no real idea. I can't wait to find out what happens in chapter 2. Thanks for the start of what looks to be another great story, Owl!

Not my usual number of people to answer but I still think this will work best lol.

It was a great first chapter Owl. I really liked the setting, country and farms and southern style just seem...homey to me. You certainly describe Billy as one hunky guy and I love how David's preconceptions are already being challenged. He started out the chapter so dismal about his new situation but seemed to have some hope by the end. I think that he gets there is much more going on under the surface between Billy and his father but has no real idea. I can't wait to find out what happens in chapter 2. Thanks for the start of what looks to be another great story, Owl!

Thank you Cia for stoping in, you know how much I appreciate it. I ahd to really indulge my desire to write a City Boy/Country Boy, but I had to add some twists. Billy is a hunk, he is exactly the kinda farm boy I always wanted to take home lol. As for David, well his missconceptions will be challenged a lot while he's on the farm, and yes he has only caught glimpse of the true depths of the situation.

I'll have chapter two out for yall soon, i hope you enjoy.

When I first met the father my initial thought was "something wicked this way come". There are so many questions raised already, the drama llama should be very busy in this story.

hey GoWithIt, its good to see you here. I am glad that the sense of forboding that I tried to write into Billy's father worked, I want the temp to drop ten degrees when he enters a room lol. I hope you like where the story goes.

I want to thank you all for stoping in, it means a lot to me.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I loved it! I was so excited to see the update. The world on the farm is fleshing out a bit. I love the fact that while David is from the city old man Templeton isn't able to pick on him too much. He isn't weak or unskilled by any means. Billy, him I just want to cuddle, poor guy! He is so messed up mentally. The dichotomy with his emotional state to the way you describe his physical state is interesting. A lot of people seem to think strong, beautiful people have great lives, obviously that isn't true, especially in this case. The cutting? Sooo sad.

Great chapter, Owl!

I loved it! I was so excited to see the update. The world on the farm is fleshing out a bit. I love the fact that while David is from the city old man Templeton isn't able to pick on him too much. He isn't weak or unskilled by any means. Billy, him I just want to cuddle, poor guy! He is so messed up mentally. The dichotomy with his emotional state to the way you describe his physical state is interesting. A lot of people seem to think strong, beautiful people have great lives, obviously that isn't true, especially in this case. The cutting? Sooo sad.

Great chapter, Owl!

Hey Cia, thanks so much for droping in, you know how much I appreciate it. In the future chapters more of the farm will be seen and the surrondng areas will also be brought into focus. The dynamic between William and David is something I am very proud of. All of the storie I have read with this theme have the problem you states, the City boy being ignorant and incapable, I wanted this to be different as I have other experiances and growing pains to put him through lol.

Billy....Billy is my smack in the face to the farm country stereotypes. Everyone thinks that kids like Billy have it easy when it comes to mental and emotional stuff; but they don't. My writing of Billy's behavior and issues may be a bit extreme but I really want to make people understand.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

• Like 1

That was a bit disturbing, at the end! Posted Image Playing with a knife over one's heart... I suppose he's "only" cutting himself, right? Or a suicide attempt? Another one? Posted Image Poor boy! Posted Image

Hey Paya, I am glad that you made it,

I can promise you the Billy will be alive and lmostly well in the next chapter, its rare that I cause permanent damage to a charecter....welll in a physical sense at least lol.

I hope you like where it goes from here.

best Wishes,

NightOwl

• Like 1

Hey Yall,

I just wanted to let you know that Indiana Summer chapter03 is up. Its quite a bit later then what I usually post things but I am going to be crazy busy tomorrow and i wanted to get it out there.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Indiana Summer CH03

Oh I really enjoyed reading this chapter. It's getting more complicated...

Oh I really enjoyed reading this chapter. It's getting more complicated... Posted Image This is looking like a longer story now. What is the planned length? Anyway, we've got one more letter to read, get to know that girl (if she's supposed to be Billy's somebody) and Billy's brother and we still don't know anything about the father-son relationship. Oh an Elder (and "don't worry, he won't hurt you" Posted Image). So many questions and NO answers!

Paya, DUDE so good to have you drop in.

I am glad that you liked the chapter, I try to keep things mildly complicated, but interesting. To be honest with you there are currently 8 about to be 9 chapters to this story when originally it wasn't even supposed to be half that. The situation and the characters just evolved so much more that I had to keep it up.

Don't worry bout the letter, it will come up soon enough. The girl...well she will be a steady charecter from now on and her motives will become clearer overtime. Seth...to be honest this is the last time Seth will come into play for a little while...sorry. The father son relationship, seems to be the question of the day so to speak. Like with Seth I have to tell you a full explination won't come for a little while longer, although there are some bits and peices.

Elder, you and Nephy are the only people to ever bring him up. I should tell you that his story is tied in with Billy and his dad's situation.

Well I am sorry to toss out the questions without answers, you'll get them later I promise.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I loved this latest chapter, Owl! Great job! You are writing in a style I love, you are continually evolving the story and moving it forward but adding in bits of history as you go. Letting us know there is a big component to the Billy/his father issue that involves his horse in that one short convo between Billy's mom and David was a great example as well as the letter from Seth.

You introduced new characters, the girl...woo hoo, she seems like quite the doozy, I like her already ;) course I may love to hate her later...depends on her role. I really like this story so far, it's got a great plot and the flow is great. Keep going!!

Paya, DUDE so good to have you drop in.

I am glad that you liked the chapter, I try to keep things mildly complicated, but interesting. To be honest with you there are currently 8 about to be 9 chapters to this story when originally it wasn't even supposed to be half that. The situation and the characters just evolved so much more that I had to keep it up.

Don't worry bout the letter, it will come up soon enough. The girl...well she will be a steady charecter from now on and her motives will become clearer overtime. Seth...to be honest this is the last time Seth will come into play for a little while...sorry. The father son relationship, seems to be the question of the day so to speak. Like with Seth I have to tell you a full explination won't come for a little while longer, although there are some bits and peices.

Elder, you and Nephy are the only people to ever bring him up. I should tell you that his story is tied in with Billy and his dad's situation.

Well I am sorry to toss out the questions without answers, you'll get them later I promise.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl.

Don't be sorry for throwing out questions hun.. that's what makes the story so exciting. We guess at the answers and when they are aswered we are either smug or surprised :)

Don't be sorry for throwing out questions hun.. that's what makes the story so exciting. We guess at the answers and when they are aswered we are either smug or surprised Posted Image

Thanks for coming by Nephy, you know I love hearing from you.

I'm glad you enjoy my *questionable* ways lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Yall,

I just wanted to let you know that the fourth chapter of Indiana Summer is now in the efiction section. I hope you gay and gals enjoy it.

Indiana Summer CH04

Damn! I think I was reading the whole story wrongly. I sort of expected the two to go through all things that could happen to them together, now it looks like there's no hope the story will reach such part the nearest future. :(

This is my favorite story right now. Here's why, a lot of stories have two major characters and alternating POV. But with many stories, one of the characters is fleshed out more than the other. You've created two, independent characters, both lovable, in pain and have their flaws. Another thing, instead of the cliche misunderstood mysterious city boy, you choose to have the country boy being the cutter. Gives both of them more depth. Billy might think he's the only one cutting but David might have some understanding. Love the tension between the two and their own internal struggles.

Awaiting for the next chapter--please post soon!

Hey yall, sorry its taken me so long to get here, things round my way have been hectic. I hope a Mass reply will work.

Damn! I think I was reading the whole story wrongly. I sort of expected the two to go through all things that could happen to them together, now it looks like there's no hope the story will reach such part the nearest future. Posted Image At least what I read in the reviews... Posted Image

Hey Paya, i am gald to see you here, as always.

I am wondering how it is that you have been reading the story, that line is something that I am going to need explained to me next time we talk. I am sorry to say that what you are wanting will be a bit longer in coming. There is a lot moe ground work I have to lay before the healing can begin. I hope you will enjoy yourself and keep reading.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

This is my favorite story right now. Here's why, a lot of stories have two major characters and alternating POV. But with many stories, one of the characters is fleshed out more than the other. You've created two, independent characters, both lovable, in pain and have their flaws. Another thing, instead of the cliche misunderstood mysterious city boy, you choose to have the country boy being the cutter. Gives both of them more depth. Billy might think he's the only one cutting but David might have some understanding. Love the tension between the two and their own internal struggles.

Awaiting for the next chapter--please post soon!

Hello Jons317, its good to meet you.

I am certainly glad to hear that Indiana Summer has become your favorite, it means a lot to me. I can understand what you mean about duel mains and multiple POVs, I have found several stories with duel mains that are diminshed because one or more main outshines the rest. I try to write in a different perspective then what most people expect, while still representing part of the norm, which is why I made Billy our mysterious and misunderstood charecter. Above that though I wanted to bring to light that not only people living in urban or metropolitain area's go through this kind of pain and confusion.

I do my best to make my charecters real and alive and I am glad to have achieved a level of depth and reality in this story. Billy does feel alone, and he needs that; but he'll also understand soon that he's not, which is one reason I liek the alternate POV is lets the reader see the differences and commonalities between the charecters.

I do look forward to hearing from you again and hope you wont be a stranger.

best Wishes,

NightOwl

I just finished chapter 1, I like it Posted Image

so he billy already finds the city boy hot heh, at first I didn't realize it switched between guys until billy describes david.

Hey Drewbie, and glad that you've stopped in. I am glad that you liked the first chapter, and i am very glad that the POV didn't keep you confused for too long. Billy is a unwilling looker, he hates it but at the same time he can't help himself, but he'll get over that soon enough.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

I love that story, it´s one of my favorites. After the last chapter it seems to me like the two Dads are competing for asshole of the year, and their boys are better men than them already. It´s nice that David isn´t the typical city boy who stumbles over his own feet into the next pitchfork, and that he stands up to Templeton sr without being really insolent (well, not in my book at least). Billy is a very intriguing character - he´s a sweet boy, perfectly capable to do whatever work there´s to be done one the farm, and I think it´s admirable that he even tries, because it´s evident that he can´t do anything right in his fathers eyes. If he would open up to David a little more he could find an ally. And why won´t Templeton sr let Billy go to college? After all he went to college and turned out a magnificent asshole.

Annie, I suppose, has some hidden agenda ... I wonder if she knows Billy´s struggling as much with his sexuality as with his father´s scorn.

If a horse can be a character - Elder is one of my favorites. I bet he had a good reason to bite Billy´s father and fear something bad might happen to him. He seems to be Billy´s only confidant, it would be terrible to lose him.

There´s still so much story in what you wrote so far - it´s good for at least 20 chapters.

Clara

Hello Clara, it is very nice to meet you.

I am very glad to ehar that you love the story, and that it is one of your favorites, hearing that means a lot to me. I know that at the moment Davids dad does indeed seem like the bad guy, but I assure you he has his son's best interests at heart, but We'll get to that later, but David and Billy are indeed on the road to surpassing their dads, but they do have some work to do first. I am glad that you like David, I needed him to be respectful and capable for what comes later in the story, but I also needed himt o aggresive and arrogant when it came to William Sr, one to show why he got sent there in the first place and two to bring out William's feelings toward his father, and I needed someone to stand up to William. Billy, I agree he is a sweet kid, i never figured he would turn out that way when i first started writing him. Like David I needed to make him capable of doing the hard labor, and he does his best to live up to his dads standards, even though he can't reach them and he knows he can't he still tries cause he desperatly wants that approval, that love...

I can tell you that Billy will open up to David in time, what I can't tell you is why William doesn't want Billy to leave the farm, at least not yet. You'll find out later. I am very glad that you have figured Annie out so well, she is indeed up to something, stay tuned for more. I will say one thing, the old adage "mothers see/know everything" is very true in this story.

Elder, I never imagined that he would get so much attention...really I didn't. Elder and Billy share a pain, which we'll touch upon later. I assure you though that your assumption is correct, he has VERY good reason to be mistrustful.

I dunno how logn the story will be but I can promise its not a shorty. I hope you'll stick around to read more and I hope that you won't be a stranger.

best Wishes,

NightOwl

Im thinking David should pin billy one of these days Posted Image

but I think david could really help him to quit to cutting.

good series I really like it Posted Image

AHHH Drewbie, two visits in one day, I'm flattered lol. Many things will happen between my boys, I promise.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl.

• Like 1