Twilight...Sex Toy?

Former Member

So my eyes have bled.

Turns out, I'm not sure who, I can't fathom why, but someone in the world has pitched the idea of a Twilight Vibrator. Normally, I dont rag on books. If I don't like it I put it down and turn to something else.

But this is ridiculous. Putting aside the FAIL that is the Twilight Series for the moment, and focusing on the utter absurdity of the cult following that it has generated. I'm forced to conclude that sanity and logic have indeed been thrown out the window without so much as a goodbye.

The Twilighter/Twihards have become ridiculous, even going so far as to attack people who have disliked the series.

*Sigh* I just figured that perhaps some people would be interested in

*raging over*

Fail? I think over 4 million copies sold for each book is not failure. Somehow that series had captivated the mass. I have to admit I read all 4 books and I concur as I fail to see how people can obsess over these books. Harry Potter I can understand. The Percy Jackson series I feel should recieve more attention and the Maxium Ride books I see the last two books as failures... Twilight is an anomaly. Though truthfully I would hope to have the success of Twilight when my "mainstream" book gets out (if ever). The toy part is just ridiculous but I can see many older women imagining the SUPER hot AND underage Jacob thrust his hips into them.

By fail, I wasn't referring to sales. I was referring to the quality of the writing, the plot holes, and lack of real direction, and the plain purple prose-y-ness. I agree with your comment on Percy Jackson, HP, etc. They are written well, with real, relatable characters.

It ticks me off, thats all.

If my stories gain attention I would prefer it to be for the quality of the story, rather than a 2D fictional character being 'UBER HAWT'

I have made my opinion on the subject abundantly clear and will suffice it to say at this point that I don't HATE the books but after the first book I didn't even read the rest out of curiousity and after seeing the trailer for the first film I won't be seeing either of them... and I CERTAINLY won't be buying the vibrator.

• Site Administrator

LOL...not going to debate on Twilight...which really isn't the biggest issue at hand. You know what scares me? The demographic for this book is tweens and teens, yet they are pitching ideas about a sex toy? I have heard this before, I truly wonder if it is legit or internet bunk. If legit and it comes out, idk...that'll just be creepy. It'd be a complete and total turn off for me.

How Twilight Works by the Oatmeal sums it up nicely.

Annoying to me- as I have a story by the same name.

Many think my Twilight is fan fiction and write to bitch about it not being about vegetarian vampires. Days later they write back to say that my Twilight is a more interesting story.

Fooking Hollywood formula scripts. If is wasn't an ass-fest, no one would have even noticed the movies.

I just hope this whole cult following thing dies out soon. I'm so sick of hearing girls talk about how hot Taylor Lautner as Jacob is. I already know he's hot!!!!!! Shut up!!!!!!!! mad.gif Although, I dont see either of those things disappearing anytime soon.

As for the sex toy, thats just wierd. wacko.gif

the twilight saga may suck and its obviously not of very good quality but at least there are thousands of teens reading it who otherwise wouldn't even touch a book...

Oh and the vibrator thingy does sound kinda creepy..

Edited by JamieD

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope this whole cult following thing dies out soon. I'm so sick of hearing girls talk about how hot Taylor Lautner as Jacob is. I already know he's hot!!!!!! Shut up!!!!!!!! mad.gif Although, I dont see either of those things disappearing anytime soon.

As for the sex toy, thats just wierd. wacko.gif

Actualy I would like to see all the girl mob him and grop him

just to see if he likes what they think of him

he has a temper so it be interesting to see how that works with all the attention

ok maybe he make a good vibrator - like the power bunny

maybe boo boo and Taylor should do something together

to attrack the gay crowd

the twilight saga may suck and its obviously not of very good quality but at least there are thousands of teens reading it who otherwise wouldn't even touch a book...

Good point Jamie.

I've not read the book but I have seen the first movie. Some of the twilight fans take it to the extreme. So far as to b*tch every time Robert Pattinson co-stars with any other female aside from Kristen Stewart. Alot of people are bashing Emilie De Ravin for co starring with him in "Remember Me" Honestly I don't see whats so great about Kristen Stewart. Her performance was not something that impressed me, it actually annoyed me. The lack of personality she portrayed and the dead almost non changing face expression she wore through out the entire movie. I couldn't help but sit there wondering if she was ever going to change her face expression and stop acting like she was strung out on Edward like he was cocaine. Has anyone else got this feeling from Kristens performance? Other than that I had no problem with the movie, it was entertaining but not something I would obsess over.

LOL...not going to debate on Twilight...which really isn't the biggest issue at hand. You know what scares me? The demographic for this book is tweens and teens, yet they are pitching ideas about a sex toy? I have heard this before, I truly wonder if it is legit or internet bunk. If legit and it comes out, idk...that'll just be creepy. It'd be a complete and total turn off for me.

LoL. That was the FIRST thing that crossed my mind. The majority of the Twilight series following consists of pre-teens and teenagers. Why on earth would they want to market a sex toy? I can't help wonder if it's true or not as well. But if it is, then clearly they've forgotten their target audience. Then again, I think everything gets marketed beyond reason these day. If they did make one, it wouldn't surprise me. Confuse me, yes, but not surprise me.

ew.

I'm just glad to hear that Robert Pattinson said in an interview that he doesn't actually agree with Edward in a lot of things. Like the whole suicide thing, or how selfish both characters (bella and edward) are. I mean, Bella and Edward kind of act really cynical to everyone if you think about it. This twilight thing is a fluke...so glad its almost over. HP FTW!

Edited by Estevan