Anthony: F*** no, I'm not a f**! Do you see me prancing around with Peter and the cheerleaders? F*** no! What is this s*** about me being attracted to other guys?! That s***'s a lie! I'm only hanging with Shawn 'cause my grades have been slipping lately! I ain't f***ing f***ing him!

Shawn: Now that you've firmly established the fact that you're the epitome of a closet case...

A: F*** you!

Keith *ignoring Anthony's rant*: You make it sound like it's a chore, bro. Seriously, who WOULDN'T want to be the cool kid in school? All the p**** one could ask for, a 'C' grade is an 'A,' the admiration of everyone within eyeshot; it's like being a celebrity, except without the stalkers...usually.

S: Flamers are what's keeping the gay rights movement back. Why confirm what everybody already thinks about gays? And they're the ones that get the most attention by nature, so their glittered face is what the American public sees on the news. It's like the news covering a gathering of blacks chowing down on some fried chicken and watermelons whilst getting their high-school dropout girlfriends pregnant on camera. There ARE blacks out there who are like that, and I'm sure the black community would like to completely disown them.

Hey Sage,

Sorry that I've been MIA again, I have managed to get to the most recent chapters on BSC. They've been really nice. I've enjoyed them. I am curious about who it is that left the rose and the love note. I hope to find out. I like the fact that Anthony is finally sort of coming around a bit. Although I'm thinking Shawn could use a real attitude adjustment sometimes lol

Best,

NightOwl

Shawn could use a good b**** slap once in awhile, but since Anthony will likely avoid trying to hit him, Keith seems like the next best thing! They get under each others skin its really fun to read.

Keith: Who's the most b****iest person you've ever met?

Your telling me it isn't a burden? You have benefits, but aren't you trapped under peoples expectations of you? Celebrity is pretty fleeting and can come and go pretty easily. As a soccer jock you may be able to get away with being second fiddle to football (no offense), but aren't you limited in what you can say or do? This is HS so I'd be surprised if you didn't have to deal with that crap. Or maybe you just handle it better than people like Brett. (shrugs)

YS: Anthony's closet case issues aside, can you give us some commentary on Anthony's sexuality? I'm starting to have suspicions about his orientation. He's into Shawn, but doesn't talk about attraction to other guys, even more masculine ones. You don't seem to follow cliches so I don't think you'd do the "Straight-but-your-the-only-exception" trope. Or would you?? huh.gif

Anthony: S***, you think I wouldn't hit Shawn if he deserved it, dude? D***, I'm close to hitting him every time he opens his mouth.

Shawn: The only reason why I can't say the same about you is because everytime you open YOUR mouth, I tend to stick my d*** in it.

A: F*** you, a**hole!

*they wrestle*

Keith: Obviously, Peter Lamb is the b****iest. I heard he can screech louder than any chick on the cheerleader squad. And h*** yeah I love being popular (though it mostly stems from being best friends with Anthony :thumbdown: ). Because I'm on the soccer team instead of football, the spotlight isn't TOO intensive on me. Obviously I'm limited, but I don't care. I don't approach those limits anyways. Why would I, for example, call the teacher a f***ing b**** and then go on a long soliloquy about why she s***s at her job, using words that would make even Second B****'s head spin? What's the point?

*Shawn fails to hear slur due to wrestling*

Shawn: You command an exquisite vocabulary. How have you obtained it? By reading the local newspaper or by reading books? By reading which books?

Shawn: FINALLY! Someone compliments me on something! With no computer, I got little else to occupy my time, so I read books. I suppose my greatest boast would be reading J.R.R. Tolkien in junior high when everyone else was reading Sports Illustrated and Playboy.

Anthony: I read it for the articles!

Keith: I read it for the p****.

RE: Chapter 42:

Damn you, your making me feel bad for the secret admirer, who seems unusually sane.

Whatever happened to the campus queer anyways? I thought Peter(?) would be around more to annoy Anthony and Shawn with his stereotypical ways. laugh.gif

As far as this Chapter goes: Was Anthony being serious about his random claim about his sexuality? He wasn't denying his relationship to Shawn so if he's being honest, I'm really curious about how he would define his sexuality. Humans need to make labels in order to understand things better, but it doesn't always give you the full story. I should of seen this coming from you. worshippy.gif

RE: Chapter 42:

Damn you, your making me feel bad for the secret admirer, who seems unusually sane.

Whatever happened to the campus queer anyways? I thought Peter(?) would be around more to annoy Anthony and Shawn with his stereotypical ways. laugh.gif

As far as this Chapter goes: Was Anthony being serious about his random claim about his sexuality? He wasn't denying his relationship to Shawn so if he's being honest, I'm really curious about how he would define his sexuality. Humans need to make labels in order to understand things better, but it doesn't always give you the full story. I should of seen this coming from you. worshippy.gif

Peter will return. I haven't forgotten about him. The admirer is whomever you choose it to be (although in my head, it was some random boy that we've never seen and never will). You're right about admirers sometimes staying in the dark forever. That's going to be the case here. Life doesn't always give you the answers to your problems. That's why I'm sometimes ambiguous with certain plot points.

Anthony cannot tell a lie (*momentary silence, then busts out laughing :funny: ). I can say that he's being truthful here, however. Check every message I've ever posted on this site, PMs included, and the story itself. When have I ever said that Anthony was gay (Shawn saying it doesn't count)?

So if Anthony is mostly straight, then if they were to reconcile, Shawn wouldn't have to worry about Anthony running off with males, only females. That kinda sucks for Shawn. Anthony may have a traditional look at relationships, but wouldn't someone in Shawn's position constantly be worrying in the back of your mind about Anthony leaving him for a wife and 2.5 kids in suburbia? If Anthony's homosexual tendencies only pop up towards Shawn it would be pretty easy for him to settle back into his straight life at anytime. In a way this is perfect for Shawn because it would force him to maintain his relationship to Anthony, though like real life there aren't any guarantees.

So Anthony was never a closet case, not really. He was just messed up by the gay feeling he had for Shawn, enough that Anthony made his life a living hell for a few years to compensate. How far does his sexuality go? is it only a small number of guys and a wide range of women? How prevalent is this in society?

• 2 weeks later...

*in the distance, one can hear a dumb jock laugh*

Shawn: It ain't my clothes, you runt! It's your p***-poor hygiene! And why the f*** did you just stab me in the arm?! Too scared to do the job properly? Get back here! I'm gonna show you how it's done!

*chases after Timmy*

*Steps cautiously forward*

@ Shawn: While I'll admit I liked how you handled Peter during the last chapter, I think you may come off as a woman on a never ending period...

*Waits for the onslaught

Just wanted to mention how much I enjoyed catching up on these last two chapters. I'm not saying Anthony's perfect, he's far from it, and like Shawn, It makes reading about their exploits oh so enjoyable. I'm just saying that I'd respect him for putting up with Shawn being...well b*****y at times. So kudos to him. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

• Like 1