...Which brings us to this thread's next question, everybody! Answer the question above! In a public high school setting, is it better to be outted while you're popular, or while you're a social nobody?

Ch. 32: Shawn and Anthony are Princes...more than that they are Tiara Princes of two warring Condos. Shawn has hated Anthony as long as he can remember (which isn't a really long time, due to chronic soap opera amnesia brought on by poor writing) and, although it is an irrational hatred it is all consuming. Anthony and Shawn have never met (and befriended each other on Facebook) and now, as a hostage of war Anthony is entirely at his mercy. In a somewhat brutal and completely illegal in 45 states attempt to heal the rift and prevent a future disaster for the Condos Shawn's uncle Keith arranges for Anthony to become even more completely at Shawn's mercy. Having got off to a bad start, a dramatic event sent the two princes on a journey of discovery and level grinding in more ways than one.

Ch. 33: Shawn is THE CHOSEN ONE, set out on his path of RIGHTEOUSNESS to combat the EVIL DICTATORSHIP of LORD STEELE. Along the way, he meets a small, friendly, furry little fellow named ANTHONY BAGGINS (no relationship), who holds the key to unlocking the ANCIENT WEAPON OF MASSIVE DESTRUCTION AND STUFF, the only weapon that can defeat LORD STEELE and his EVIL DICTATORSHIP. LORD STEELE, upon realizing this, sends his FLYING MINIONS OF PRIMATE PERSUASION to steal the ANCIENT WEAPON OF MASSIVE DESTRUCTION AND STUFF for himself to use. Will Shawn, THE CHOSEN ONE, and ANTHONY BAGGINS (no relationship) be able to fend off the attack until the calvary of MALE PIXIES WITH A PENCHANT FOR BROADWAY MUSICALS arrives? Find out!

If people want to write their own summaries for BSC, then by all means do so and let me know so I can post it on Fridays.

So this chapter you kinda slipped in Pride parades, which while I understand why they're important, don't really like them, or what they represent when shown on TV.

Shawn is soo pissy lately, but I guess I get why he was hurt by Anthony's comments. Looking back at earlier chapters, It would of been easy for those two to fall apart, especially after the treehouse incident, that was really depressing. But it also made me think of this question:

What is Shawn's reason for living? With all the crap he's Bern through, you would think he'd be dead by now.

• Like 1

By the laws of the universe, Shawn and Anthony probably never should've gotten together. It was probably a glitch in the space-time continuum that allowed it to happen. Shawn's reason for living is to prove to the universe, and everyone in it, that it'll take more than THAT (whatever THAT may be) to defeat him. He shall rise again and again, unfettered from the blow, fighting tooth and nail against everything thrown at him until he wins. He will NOT be defeated, especially by the likes of YOU (*points at you*).

Ch. 34: She lay there on the desolate snowy road, her cold, locked up heart slowly winding down for a long hibernation. Her blood, warm as the soup her dear grandmother used to make for her and her sister, so long ago, rolled down her cheek, gathering momentum as it glided, like a snowball rolling down a steep hill. Her senses dulled; she couldn't hear the cars on the freeway mere meters away from where she lay. Her vision blurred, briefly reminding her of the night she spent drinking with Robert, which brought up memories of what happened later that night. The screaming. The hitting. Memories she had thought had been banished from her mind. She only had her thoughts to rely on now. Even those would soon dissipate. How long does she have left, she wonders to herself. If only...if only...

~Liz N.

The reason why I started posting these summaries here was for people to laugh at or discuss, but nobody seems to be doing that, so I'm going to stop pasting them here.

• 3 weeks later...

...Which brings us to this thread's next question, everybody! Answer the question above! In a public high school setting, is it better to be outted while you're popular, or while you're a social nobody?

Both of the situations have their merit. Being outted while popular, while it could and likely would, cause a certain amount of discomfort could actually be a good thing. If you are poplar enough and charismatic enough you could parlay getting outted into something good. You could redefine popularity in and of itself. (Feel free to call me naive or idealistic if you like, I'm used to it.)

As for being a social nobody, well I don't really think it would make much difference; if you're that low on the social totem pole would it really matter?

Ch. 34: She lay there on the desolate snowy road, her cold, locked up heart slowly winding down for a long hibernation. Her blood, warm as the soup her dear grandmother used to make for her and her sister, so long ago, rolled down her cheek, gathering momentum as it glided, like a snowball rolling down a steep hill. Her senses dulled; she couldn't hear the cars on the freeway mere meters away from where she lay. Her vision blurred, briefly reminding her of the night she spent drinking with Robert, which brought up memories of what happened later that night. The screaming. The hitting. Memories she had thought had been banished from her mind. She only had her thoughts to rely on now. Even those would soon dissipate. How long does she have left, she wonders to herself. If only...if only...

~Liz N.

The reason why I started posting these summaries here was for people to laugh at or discuss, but nobody seems to be doing that, so I'm going to stop pasting them here.

Sorry dude, I've been really out of it lately. I DO enjoy you're summeries though, I'm sorry for not mentioning it sooner. This one though has me a little confused, I dunno whether to take it literally or not (you've sort of hinted at abuse toward Liz) or if you're going for a metaphor, with you it is hard to tell sometimes. lol.

Moving on though. I really like the most recent chapters, and I'm sorry its taken me so long to let you know. I like how you're advancing things, mostly and the introduction of Keith is great. I think both Shawn and Anthony need could take a lesson from Keith on relaxing a little, ESPECIALLY Anthony. Despite how much they want to kill him (and how amusing I think it would be to see them try) I actually like Keith.

I hope things work out for boy's and I look forward to finding out.

Later,

NightOwl

Both of the situations have their merit. Being outted while popular, while it could and likely would, cause a certain amount of discomfort could actually be a good thing. If you are poplar enough and charismatic enough you could parlay getting outted into something good. You could redefine popularity in and of itself. (Feel free to call me naive or idealistic if you like, I'm used to it.)

As for being a social nobody, well I don't really think it would make much difference; if you're that low on the social totem pole would it really matter?

I think your being way too optimistic. Things you should consider:

- Being really popular doesn't necessarily mean that people actually like you.

-There will always be people waiting for a chance to bring you down a few notches.

-Popular kids, like the one you described earlier, are an exception, not the norm.

I think it could matter if really unpopular kid was labelled as gay, since it could give the kid attention that could make their life miserable. Being unpopular doesn't always mean being bullied.

It's usually just that your ignored by the general student populace. Being gay could lead to unfair stereotypes and attention as the "class queer". Every Class seems to unofficially pick a guy for the position. I bet you even remember the kid that people would talk gay rumors about.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post, YS. I've been really busy lately, so I'm playing catchup.

I like how you're advancing things, mostly and the introduction of Keith is great. I think both Shawn and Anthony need could take a lesson from Keith on relaxing a little, ESPECIALLY Anthony. Despite how much they want to kill him (and how amusing I think it would be to see them try) I actually like Keith.

Wangsta or not I''m starting to really like Keith. He seems to balance out some of the high maintenance drama craziness that sort of follows Anthony and Shawn. He has the best parts of both of them: Shawn's intelligence and Anthony's strength, but he's much more perceptive and is is often more laid-back. Keith's definite my favorite character, so I hope we can learn more about him, even though this is about Shawn and Anthony.

Though it's also cus I have a bit of a "man-crush" on him.

Edited by Caedus
  • Like 1

I don't know if NightOwl will peck me to death for saying this, but he was homeschooled, so he DIDN'T ever know "the one guy whom all gay rumors revolved around." There's a difference between "popular," "unpopular," "social nobody," and "infamous." Being outted as gay could be different for each one of those labels. I can only generalize based on what happened in my own high school, so I don't know the norm for all American high schools.

Eventually, I did come to see Keith as Shawn and Anthony's illegitimate love child, combining Shawn's brains and Anthony's brawn, along with some traits uniquely his. Of course, he isn't as smart as Shawn academically, and isn't as strong as Anthony (he's only a soccer jock, after all). And also, he's not perfect (you're shocked, I know). Don't worry; there'll be more character building for Keith as time goes on.

Also, I KNEW IT! I knew someone would EVENTUALLY develop a man crush on Keith! It may have taken over three years, but it finally happened!

• 2 weeks later...

This shouldn't surprise me at all. Seems that my laptop has run out of internets, as I can't seem to connect to it right now. I'm typing this from another computer. My laptop has all the chapters stored on it, and in a program the other computers in my house aren't compatible with. As such, no new chapter until later on today when I get the thing fixed. Sorry.

EDIT: Internet is back. Chapter is now up.

Dear Young Sage,

WTF?! You told us that Keith was straight. Even if we were to look over this glaring fact, their is nothing in his behavior or in his interactions with Shawn that would suggest that he was actually in love with him. Why would Keith tell Shawn NOW? Why would he passively encourage Shawn and Anthony's relationship? This is some mind game or play on words for you, I just haven't figured it out yet..

Wait...Keith is gay?! Your telling me that Captain Closet Case and and his comrade in arms were both gay and never figured each other out? Did Anthony and Keith ever "experiment" with each other? I always thought Keith's uber macho facade was just to use while he's in the popular crowd. To think that he was over compensating for this....Oh. OOk. I think I get what's going on here.cool.gif If I'm right about this then you love messing with your characters more than I thought you did. This is going to be an interesting 3 months. Why does he have to go for Shawn? *Cough*Keith is mine*Cough*

Once again, Great chapter and a happy early Birthday. Would you ever do another story about College?

Sincerely Yours,

Lord Caedus biggrin.gif

Edited by Caedus

Dear Young Sage,

WTF?! You told us that Keith was straight. Even if we were to look over this glaring fact, their is nothing in his behavior or in his interactions with Shawn that would suggest that he was actually in love with him. Why would Keith tell Shawn NOW? Why would he passively encourage Shawn and Anthony's relationship? This is some mind game or play on words for you, I just haven't figured it out yet..

Wait...Keith is gay?! Your telling me that Captain Closet Case and and his comrade in arms were both gay and never figured each other out? Did Anthony and Keith ever "experiment" with each other? I always thought Keith's uber macho facade was just to use while he's in the popular crowd. To think that he was over compensating for this....Oh. OOk. I think I get what's going on here.cool.gif If I'm right about this then you love messing with your characters more than I thought you did. This is going to be an interesting 3 months. Why does he have to go for Shawn? *Cough*Keith is mine*Cough*

Once again, Great chapter and a happy early Birthday. Would you ever do another story about College?

Sincerely Yours,

Lord Caedus biggrin.gif

So now you've gone and ascended yourself into lordhood? Bit of a powertrip there, don't you think? And when DON'T I use mind games on you guys? You think you know what happens? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see on Monday now, won't we?

My pen name IS based off of a Sith Lord, so the Lord part is a given, especially when I'm writing formally. laugh.gif

I guess we'll see on Monday. I have a good guess on the direction this could be going, which I'm pretty excited for. devilsmiley.gif

I have to admit, I am curious as to your theory. No one reads this thread anymore anyways, so why not spill the beans and enlighten us with your apocalyptic prophecy?

Just because no one comments doesn't mean that people don't READ it. I'm not going to risk spoiling it for them, but if your so curious about the many scenarios Ive thought up, you know where you can reach me. ;)

FINE. I'll give you one scenario, though this one is in the likelihood that Keith is actually gay for Shawn:

Keith gradually starts trying seducing Shawn, who doesn't share this relevation with Anthony. Why would he? He would need proof otherwise Anthony would think it was a joke or something on Shawn's part. After all Keith is HIS BFF, and since he knows he's gay he should free to tell him.

Keith does not want Anthony to know about him secretly being a gay bottom. I suspect it's because he think he has a better shot at getting Shawn if he's as discreet as possible. Over the next couple months Keith will wear down Shawn's defenses, showing him a side of him that may be a complete 180 for Shawn. Anthony, back in good terms with Keith, trys to get his 2 favorite guys to hangout more and be friends, unknowingly facilitating Keiths efforts to wear Shawn down by making him actually like him as a person. This is all while Shawn and Aanthony continue to grow and learn and challenge each other. Shawn's issues with Keith adds an invisible strain that makes it all harder for Shawn.Eventually Shawn ends up in the statistically unlikely situation where he consumes large amounts alcohol/weed or something where Shawn ends up horny and disoriented. My guess is that Shawn Jr. Is frustrated by the lack in opportunity to have full on sex with Anthony. One thing leads to another and Shawn and Keith hookup, unfortunately Anthony catches them, then all Hell breaks loose in the BSC multiiverse. Galaxies implode and Liz becomes nice and preppy. Everyone is consumed in the void.

The End.

Well hot d***, you just hit the nail on the head with the planet-sized mallet, especially with that last part. I guess I'm clearly no match for your detective reasoning. (Of course, you may ACTUALLY be correct, if you know how I operate by now ;) .) NightOwl, I see you lurking. Any guesses?

Well hot d***, you just hit the nail on the head with the planet-sized mallet, especially with that last part. I guess I'm clearly no match for your detective reasoning. (Of course, you may ACTUALLY be correct, if you know how I operate by now ;) .) NightOwl, I see you lurking. Any guesses?

Personally I think your totally messing with us again. I mean it just doesn't feel right. I mean what you've written of Keith so far this seems like the kind of joke he would pull. Not to mention this is also typical YOU, leave us with such a juicy bit of information then turn it into a total 180 of what it looks like or what we think it is lol. Either way i look forward to seeing what it is.

BTW I was homeschooled but I won't peck you to death, I make no secret of the fact that when it comes to school politics/cliques I am pretty ignorant so no pecking lol.

I'm sorry its taken so long to read the last three chapters of the story, and to get here. I've been scattered lately, I'm trying to work on managing my time better.

Best,

Nightowl

Happy Birthday!!sorcerer.gif

So about Keith - is it just Shawn or does he always a d-bag to people he isn't friends with?

So "rejection". That was an interesting choice for a word to end the chapter. Is Anthony rejecting Shawn, his sexuality, or just the reality of the situation?

Wouldn't that type of rejection extend to rejecting Shawn as well? I wonder if Shawn will be able to handle dealing with this issue over and over and whether He'll eventually lose patience with Anthony and give up on him.

Food for thought. innocent.gif

Keith: Shawn's a f***tard.

Shawn: F*** you, a**hole.

YS: And that answers your first question. It would take a lot of energy on Keith's part to be mean to EVERYBODY he isn't friends with. There's just something about Shawn, maybe his snooty/prissy attitude, that rubs Keith the wrong way, and he isn't afraid to let Shawn know it (especially since he's learned that he'll be seeing more of Shawn due to Anthony's..."misguided decision").

As for the meaning of the word "rejection"...well, according to Webster...

No, I won't go there. I'm sure it'll become clearer as time goes on. Because that's the one thing I'm known for. Clarity. *Joker-style evil laughter :devil: *

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that you guys can still ask Shawn, Anthony, and Keith questions. I'm sorry that I've been answering for them lately. I'll try to get back to letting them do the talking.

EDIT: I know I shouldn't post this here, but check out the Sneak Peeks section. I just put something up there and I want everybody's opinion on it. Please comment on that thread, and not this one.

Edited by Young Sage

Anthony: At this point in time do you consider yourself gay? What are you attracted to physically about guys? So far the only guy you seem to have that much interest in is Shawn, which leads me to think there may be more to your sexuality than were being led to believe.

Keith: What does it feel like constantly having to maintain your status as a popular kid? What do you think about people in general?

Shawn: What do you hate the most about flamboyant gays?