Ch. 25: Shawn and Anthony go to WIZARDRY SCHOOL. Then they DROP OUT. They then go on a murder spree, using their HIGHLY UNSTABLE AND EQUALLY ILLEGAL MAGIC on people, killing thousands. Then New York City is destroyed by a GIANT SQUID, which is completely unrelated. Then Shawn and Anthony spontaneously become a VAMPIRE AND WEREWOLF, respectively. They immediately have a turf war for NO PARTICULAR REASON. After wiping out their entire species, both then go to space to stop THE EVIL EMPIRE from completing its SPHERICAL DOOMSDAY MACHINE, using spaceships designed after LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET to destroy the SURPRISINGLY FULLY OPERATIONAL star of death. Finally, they pass a law stating that there will be NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, because they can. Unfortunately, the PRINCESS is in ANOTHER CASTLE! What will they do? Find out!

I liked the chapter Young Sage, it was nice. I think Shawn might have the right of it when he mentioned Keith knowing about the two of them. Perhaps he doesn't know everything but he does give off the vibe of having more of a clue than what Anthony gives him credit for, but perhaps not lol. I'm really looking forward to Shawn's home coming, I do hope it's not as terrible as he thinks it will be; but then again it wouldn't be very interesting if it wasn't lol. I'm also quite curious about Shawn's little sister, how she's been doing.

Best WIshes,

NightOwl

I liked the chapter Young Sage, it was nice. I think Shawn might have the right of it when he mentioned Keith knowing about the two of them. Perhaps he doesn't know everything but he does give off the vibe of having more of a clue than what Anthony gives him credit for, but perhaps not lol. I'm really looking forward to Shawn's home coming, I do hope it's not as terrible as he thinks it will be; but then again it wouldn't be very interesting if it wasn't lol. I'm also quite curious about Shawn's little sister, how she's been doing.

Best WIshes,

NightOwl

There's more to Keith than meets the eye...maybe. Or maybe Shawn is (gasp!) wrong. You seem conflicted as to how you want Shawn's homecoming to go. I can assure you that he WILL be going home eventually, as, in the real world, there'd be no way he could stay with Emmy in the circumstances he's in now. Your last question will also be answered in due time. BTW, do you know the boys' crushes?

Boys'. With an apostrophe after the 's'. Meaning both Shawn and Anthony (and Keith). And once again, you're all terrible people for wanting Shawn to suffer, and I'm a terrible person for amplifying his suffering for my own amusement.

...and keep from looking like a moron in the process lol. ...I think EVERYONE would enjoy finding out lol.

Well, now I don't feel like it :P:devil: .

Shawn's was Heath Ledger, but mostly because of him being in Brokeback Mountain. Anthony's was Keira Knightly, especially when dressed in pirate garb. Keith's is Pamela Anderson, "pre-fat" Jessica Simpson, and Jessica Alba. He wants a fourway.

I don't really get the appeal of either guys in Brokeback Mountain, probably because of the lackluster sex thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif.

Looks like Anthony's into role-play, though with the other kinks Shawn's suspected him in that's hardly surprising. Keith's is definitely ambitious, but there are so many better women to chose for a four-way, even if were talking about circa 2007.

I'm seriously considering starting a Kimberly petition, you teased us with her way to early in the story. baaasmiley.gif

I've accepted the fact that I'm a horrible person for enjoying Shawn's suffering. His torment is too entertainingtongue.gif.

• Like 1

Keith's is definitely ambitious, but there are so many better women to chose for a four-way, even if were talking about circa 2007.

I'm seriously considering starting a Kimberly petition, you teased us with her way to early in the story. baaasmiley.gif

I've accepted the fact that I'm a horrible person for enjoying Shawn's suffering. His torment is too entertainingtongue.gif.

Keith was just saying what his three top picks are. He's definitely not picky and will probably gladly do any starlet (that is, any starlet back when BSC takes place) you throw at him. So far, you seem to be the only one signing the Kimberly petition. Just as a quick note, Kimberly is 5 years younger than Shawn (which places her at 13), so don't expect any late-teen-rebellion-phase from her just yet. And good for you for accepting who you are.

Argh...so bored. Calm before the storm, really (stupid temp agency and no one calling me for interviews). So I decided to play the Trickster role again and give out some future BSC chapter titles. They will hopefully in no way reveal future plot details.

D

Ch. 27: Anthony is a PROFESSIONAL BOXER, and Shawn is his COACH. Shawn thinks Anthony can do better than the underground cage fights that Anthony has been competing in lately, and signs him up for a mainstream, televised tournement. Only the best of the best fight here, and Anthony will have to use all his skills that Shawn taught him in order to punch and kick his way to the top and take the coveted WORLD CHAMPION BELT. At the semi-finals, however, he faces last year's champion, CHAD THE DESTROYER. Will he survive? Find out!

Good Chapter! I like how you've made your protaganist unlikeable, but real at the same time. None of that sparkly perfectionist b******* other authors use to write a protagonist in a gay story. It's getting harder to hate Anthony as a character, especially since he's being so good to Shawn by trying to make him get close too his mom. It's pretty impressive that hes reaching out despite his own problems. Why do I get the feeling that Shawn and his self-centered nature will find a way to mess up whatever it is he has with Anthony?

• Like 1

Ch. 27: Set in a fictional 19th century high school, Black Star Cross is the story of Shawn Adams, a 18-year-old boy who roams the earth in search of Innocence. Washed away to unknown parts of the world after The Great Flood, Innocence is the mysterious substance used to create weapons that obliterate demons known as jocks.

An experimental virus is turning members of the Football Team into zombies! Even Count Keith is infected, driving him to attack Shawn and Anthony. It's up to Emmy, creator of the virus, to deal with this disaster, but though she knows how to stop it, she literally doesn't know where to start. Can she figure it out while also contending with a vengeful spirit eager to see the virus complete its rampage? Find out!

To Caedus: for whatever reason, GA is not letting me reply to specifically YOUR reviews for BSC. It only seems to happen to your reviews nowadays. I'm just gonna start PMing my reply to you instead of wasting my time writing what I know will be lost forever. I even Edit+Copied my response to which I'll paste below because I knew this would happen. So here is my response (I'm putting it here instead of PMing you this time because my responses to people's reviews should be open for all to see).

"Somebody got the reference. Ask them. Teens don't look ahead to the future very well. They're grounded in the here and now. One of the guys...I mean, "dudes" that inspired the creation of Anthony was, what I dubbed, a Smart Dumb Jock. He was definitely a jock (walked/talked/acted like one), but he wasn't stereotypically dumb. He wasn't a genius, but he actually graduated with me from college a couple months ago, and DIDN'T major in Sports Management. One of my high school's valedictorians was also a jock. So they're out there."

In my defense I don't listen to Madonna, I don't own any of her albums or stuff on the side, not even that random book about sex she did in the 90s(?). Not sure whether I should feel good or bad about that.

I'm not sure what GA's problem is with me, hopeful it's a random error, but maybe I'm cursed?

Nice chapter as always, it's nice reading the boys banter, even if it was out of character. The graveyard chapter sounds exciting! My ideas for that chapter revolve around the guys doing unspeakable acts in the graveyard, at night, during an exorcism.

Before Shawn and Anthony's respective fathers passed, were they religous at all?

• Like 1

Madonna did a book in the 90s? What, did she run out of men? You got the plot to the next chapter exactly right. Congratulations. Shawn's dad was Catholic (I think that's the more tolerant one) and went to church with his family regularly. Anthony's dad was Catholic when he was young, but being in the military changed his attitudes and he proclaimed himself to be an atheist around his mid-20s. He didn't mind that his wife, back then girlfriend, was Catholic, as he knew what it was like once to believe in such things.

Wow...5 reviews in one hour! Thanks everybody! NightOwl, you're falling behind... :thumbdown:

Dude don't make me peck you to death, and not in a good way. i am sorry, I had to watch my kids today so I didn't get home till a few hours ago. I really like the chapter. Though its kind of tragic I think the fact that they've both lost a father figure is actually a good plot point, it gives them a deeper sort of connection. I don't think you shoul worry about being out of character with them, like you said the later chapters are for devlopment, little changes are a good thing.

I was wondering if you have any plans to resolve the Emmy plot point you made, if she really knows about the boys or not, just curious.

Best,

NightOwl

Ah, right on time. After getting an email for your Slash Work review and one for BSC, I knew you'd find your way here eventually. How is there a GOOD way to be pecked to death? And you know I can't reveal future plot points like what you're implicitly asking for ;) .

Must we truly wait a full week between chapters? I don't read for long periods of time, and especially not on the computer, but I just spent the last 8 hours reading this entire story up to the last chapter posted, non-stop. Now I have to go smoke just because I'm that frustrated that there's not more to read! Curse you for being an awesome writer! Feel free to review the short story I've posted. It's my only one thus far but I plan to compile a bunch of my poetry into a book soon, so I'll post that as soon as I've finished. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing piece of work. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Must we truly wait a full week between chapters? I don't read for long periods of time, and especially not on the computer, but I just spent the last 8 hours reading this entire story up to the last chapter posted, non-stop. Now I have to go smoke just because I'm that frustrated that there's not more to read! Curse you for being an awesome writer! Feel free to review the short story I've posted. It's my only one thus far but I plan to compile a bunch of my poetry into a book soon, so I'll post that as soon as I've finished. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing piece of work. I can't wait to see what happens next!

You must wait along with the rest of the populace. I'm glad, though, that you found the story engaging enough to waste away a day of your life you will never get back :thumbup: . New chapters are up every Friday, barring some bizarre accident that prevents me from uploading a chapter. I'm sorry (?) for being such an awesome writer. I'll be sure to halve the quality of each subsequent chapter to better suit your comfort level. Perhaps you can bide your time with my OTHER work, Slash Work?