Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

A Welcome and A Recommendation

I've known Adam Phillips for a really long time. We met at John Walsh's Fraternity Memoirs Yahoo Group and have been friends ever since. Back then he was this arrogant, intellectual, charming-in-a-cocky-kind-of-way guy, and time really hasn't changed him. biggrin.gif But he's one of my best e-friends, and one of the smartest guys I know. The Gods of GA, in their wisdom (which is pretty good, unless we're talking politics tongue.gif) decided to entice him into being one of their hosted authors. I'm sure lots of oral sex was involved.biggrin.gif

Those of you who read It Started With Bryan will know that Adam stepped in and completed that story for Sam when he died. It was a noble job, and a job well done.

Adam's also a member of my writing team, and is best known around here for constantly kicking my ass for killing of Jeff in 1968. Beyond that, he's been a big help in giving me input on what is believable/acceptable to readers, which means he keeps me from assassinating key characters.

In any event, he's here now, and if you want a good read, meander over to his site and read Cross Currents.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Mark. I didn't see this when you first posted it. I appreciate the plug, and thanks for the welcome!

And this is probably the first non-smartass remark I've made to you in public in about five years. :lol: Mark and I go waaaaay back and I love his sorry ass, and it just doesn't feel right if I don't give him a hard time in public posts.

I had to go on sabbatical from Mark's reading team when I got bogged down in finishing It Started With Brian, and at that time he sprinted ahead of me. I'm only now starting to get caught up with his writing. He's going to regret it, because I'm returning to his team to plague him just in case he decides to kill yet another of my favorite characters.

Anyway, I'm in Bloodlines and I haven't read any of the Bloodlines posts in the forum, so this may have already been noticed, but I'm stunned at how good the writing is in Chapter 1. Mark has always told a good tale...but here the writing is taut and possessed of a deliberateness and sense of conviction he hasn't even hinted at before now. I was blown away, and I ask his fans, is that opening paragraph not effing superb from a writing standpoint? The first sentence sucks you right in, and the remaining sentences in the paragraph are perfect, in my opinion.

Anyway, thanks again, Mark, and I'd be more than pleased to have some of your readers stop by and check out Crosscurrents. Steph just posted Chapter 4 for me and there will be a new chapter up each Thursday night or Friday morning until the whole thing's finished, some 30 weeks down the road. :D

Bloodlines is great. Matt Carrswold is Mark's best creation since Brad. (Sorry, Marcel.)

I have to agree there. Matt is awesome. I hope the next one is from his POV. He's definitely awesome.

Brad, Robbie, and Jeanine are raising three teenaged boys. It'll be interesting to see how their family has developed.

I am definitely looking forward to it! They're awesome parents.

Oh, and I think we should get back to the original intent of this topic. I have read Crosscurrents recently, and it's definitely a good story to read! I recommend it to anyone. :)

I am definitely looking forward to it! They're awesome parents.

Oh, and I think we should get back to the original intent of this topic. I have read Crosscurrents recently, and it's definitely a good story to read! I recommend it to anyone. :)

I appreciate it, but since this is Arbour's forum I think I've taken enough space here already. I'd love it if some of you'd read my story, check out my GA pages, and participate in my forum, but this here place is for Mark's readers. I'll do the same here at Mark's place once I get caught up with everything he's written. I have about 14 chapters to go on Bloodlines, and so of course haven't started The Box. Nor have a read any of the Bridgemont series. Once I'm up to speed, though, I'll hang out here and fuss at him when he kills off too many good characters. :devil:

Anyway, thanks, Mark, for giving a piece of your forum over to welcoming me here. I'll be back here soon. And you'll regret it. :lol:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..