Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

I've heard from CJ!

• Site Administrator

I got a message from CJ today. I couldn't make out all of it, but he mentioned volcanoes, cliffs, goats and having a wonderful time! :2thumbs:

Personally, I think he took a detour to Iceland to test if his theories on how to set off a volcano actually worked, but I've got no evidence 0:)

I got a message from CJ today. I couldn't make out all of it, but he mentioned volcanoes, cliffs, goats and having a wonderful time! :2thumbs:

Personally, I think he took a detour to Iceland to test if his theories on how to set off a volcano actually worked, but I've got no evidence 0:)

I'm back... :)

Actually, a side trip to Greenland was a possibility, which is why my return date was somewhat vague. However... Though the Icelandic ash didn

t hit Greenland, it made a mess of air schedules, so that trip, always speculative, got axed. Pesky volcanoes... One would almost think this is retribution for my hobby of climbing active volcanoes! (though not while they are erupting!)

I spent the last few days of my trip in Niagara falls (I managed to e-mail the Echidna from there), and my hotel room looked right at the very, very misnamed island between the American and Canadian falls. The island is interesting... it sits between the falls, offers some great views, etc. But of course, it's a misnamed island. Very much so... It's called Goat Island. Why is it misnamed? Because between the falls it very clearly has a cliff, and as we all know, a goat would NEVER have anything to do with a cliff.

I'll be sleeping for the next 12 hours, but after that, I'm back online and will be active in the forum again. :)

• Site Moderator
One would almost think this is retribution for my hobby of climbing active volcanoes! (though not while they are erupting!)

Because between the falls it very clearly has a cliff, and as we all know, a goat would NEVER have anything to do with a cliff.

It would seem we have a contradiction here. If you climb to the rim of a volcano and look over the edge, wouldn't you be looking down a cliff? Isn't in nice to know you've got someplace named just for you that you can call home?

Welcome back CJ!!

It would seem we have a contradiction here. If you climb to the rim of a volcano and look over the edge, wouldn't you be looking down a cliff? Isn't in nice to know you've got someplace named just for you that you can call home?

Welcome back CJ!!

B).........Hahaha! You beat me to it, very much a contradiction! I'd love to hear his response to his obvious cliff dwelling gaff comment. :lol:

• Site Administrator

Hmmm, I think if we really analyze it, he admits to climbing cliffs or looking over cliffs, so all of our speculation has proven true :P .

Now as far as the island, it is just another one of his obvious distractions (a)

BTW, got a picture from your trip a couple of years ago through Glacier....

02GLA-06-26-Goat-HiddenL.jpg

I like volcanoes. They remind us that the earth may be 6 billion years old but she can still throw one hell of a tantrum.

Pyrocastic Flow would be a killer name for a metal band.

Welcome back CJ!!

A cliff? Yipes, I would hope not! I have no problem climbing active volcanoes, but cliffs? Those I stay away from!

The one in Guadalupe was more like a range of hills; no caldera. The one on Teraniffe has a caldera, but it's sides are mostly not vertical, so where I was was no problem. Vesuvious, on the other had... er, well, it does have some vertical crater walls. However, where I was was a few hundred feet away. As we all know, I'd never go anywhere near a cliff.

B).........Hahaha! You beat me to it, very much a contradiction! I'd love to hear his response to his obvious cliff dwelling gaff comment. :lol:

But, but, but!!! I just stay away from the cliffs. :P

I like volcanoes. They remind us that the earth may be 6 billion years old but she can still throw one hell of a tantrum.

Pyrocastic Flow would be a killer name for a metal band.

That it would!!!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..